PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Elliot Newby
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Elliot Newby  (Read 7035 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Elliot Newby
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2023, 12:22:29 PM »

It's a real shame we couldn't have kept him - even if only until the end of the season but that's how the mop flops as the saying goes.
Tangentially, it would be nice to see Barrow going up through the play offs so that even if we do something similar, apart from anything else, 🎶 "We don't have to go to Barrow"! 🎶🎵
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2023, 02:57:02 PM »

Haha sorry that was the most misleading comment ever!

I meant Danny Elliott, who I would have loved us to bring in around the same time as his namesake, Mr Newby.

What a top striker could do to this team...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2023, 03:06:07 PM »

I meant Danny Elliott, who I would have loved us to bring in around the same time as his namesake, Mr Newby.

Yes, I agree. The most important signing we could make this month or, probably in the close season, would be an outstanding number nine.
But I think the vast majority of clubs are looking and most will be able to pay better than us unfortunately.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2023, 03:28:11 PM »

Yes, I agree. The most important signing we could make this month or, probably in the close season, would be an outstanding number nine.
But I think the vast majority of clubs are looking and most will be able to pay better than us unfortunately.

Surely we can compete with Gateshead though...? Did we just think Jennings was a better option?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2023, 03:28:37 PM »

Top 3 aside, if we can land Colclough, we can land a top9
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2023, 03:58:29 PM »

Top 3 aside, if we can land Colclough, we can land a top9

Sincerely hope you're right Hashtag!
Wouldn't it be great if Coco signed on again? He might do if we can climb the table a bit more.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Elliot Newby