PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great gesture from Geoff and Grahame Thank you
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Great gesture from Geoff and Grahame Thank you  (Read 8620 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »

Following a conversation between Grahame Rowley, Club Chairman and Geoff Goodwin, ex-Chairman of Altrincham Football Club, Geoff has donated 1000 shares to the Football Club, to be sold to anyone interested in becoming a shareholder for £5 each, with the proceeds to be donated to the Community Sports Hall project.

Geoff’s fantastic gesture has been matched by Grahame, who says ‘Neither Geoff nor myself would relinquish these shares lightly, however we both believe that the CSH project is of massive importance in securing the Club’s place within the local community and, ultimately, in ensuring that the Club thrives for the benefit of future generations of supporter.’

If you are interested in making a donation, or in buying shares, please e-mail or ring the Club on 0161 928 1045, and speak to Grahame Rowley or Peter Foster".

@AltyDaz

York Alty

Re: Great gesture from Geoff and Grahame Thank you
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:58:43 PM »

I'm in for some of that.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »

Fantastic offer - I'd love a share and 1 for my kids! Almost sounds too cheap though!

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:43:47 AM »

Its a nice idea, but 'too cheap' is unlikely to be the case.

A quick review of the accounts of Altrincham FC shows that the entire company is worth approz 20,000 gbp.

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/00176333/ALTRINCHAM-ASSOCIATION-FOOTBALL-CLUBLIMITED/financial-accounts

unless the parcel of 1000 shares is approx 25% of the total issued share capital, which I doubt is the case, then these shares could be considered somewhat pricey

That said, its a nice way for fans to become more involved with the club, and there are many intangible benefits rom this scheme, so I wouldn't exactly say 'don't do it'. From a pure financial point of view however, it is more beneficial to the club if people donate funds as a charitable donation so the club can get the extra 25% from HMRC.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »

Is it necessary to purchase a minimum number of shares or can you just buy one?

Come on Alty!

bumble

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 12:22:48 PM »

Id love a few shares  :)

bumble

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 12:27:20 PM »

Quote from: nimeta link=topic=17743.msg208725#msgp08725 date=1383644627
Its a nice idea, but 'too cheap' is unlikely to be the case.

A quick review of the accounts of Altrincham FC shows that the entire company is worth approz 20,000 gbp.

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/00176333/ALTRINCHAM-ASSOCIATION-FOOTBALL-CLUBLIMITED/financial-accounts

unless the parcel of 1000 shares is approx 25% of the total issued share capital, which I doubt is the case, then these shares could be considered somewhat pricey

That said, its a nice way for fans to become more involved with the club, and there are many intangible benefits rom this scheme, so I wouldn't exactly say 'don't do it'. From a pure financial point of view however, it is more beneficial to the club if people donate funds as a charitable donation so the club can get the extra 25% from HMRC.

Im confident there nobody on iii discusing this as part of their retirement portfolio.

Its 5k closer to the target and at that price they make nice stocking fillers p

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 02:32:04 PM »

Anyone know the minimum amount of shares per person?

Community Proj

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 03:22:51 PM »

Apologies for not including this in the information originally provided, purchases to be a minimum of 5 shares (£25).
Unfortunately Club rules prevent us from issuing shares to anyone under the age of 18.

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »

£25 minimum - I'm still in. Lovely job.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »

By that score anyone with a Merc could buy a Conference North club. Not sure that's a true measure of what it would cost to take over Altyrincham FC.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 10:25:35 AM »

Depends on any clubs financial situation, wasn't it Leeds that were bought for a £1 ?

York Alty

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 12:36:02 PM »

Depends on any clubs financial situation, wasn't it Leeds that were bought for a £1 ?

Chelsea. By that nice Mr. Bates.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 01:22:17 PM »

I saw the accounts a few years ago and the clubs value I think was quite low as it owed a former director (I guess GB) a large sum (circa 1m GBP IIRC). So if this loan situation were settled the club could become worth quite a bit more - although obviously to settle it would cost something - GB is not the type of guy who has a reputation for being easy to deal with, but a rational person who was owed such a sum by a non-league club would settle the loan at a considerable discount - maybe 30 - 40 pence in the pound for example - as the club is very unlikely to be able to repay this in the foreseeable future.

This may have changed, although given the cryptic announcement by the club some weeks ago about a legal action from a former director, I sense not.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 02:31:44 PM »

Nimeta, as I understand it any monies owed to former directors are ringfenced around certain conditions that have to arise for them to become repayable  and the figure is nowhere near £1 million.

When the current board took over it was saddled with huge VAT and tax debts that had not been paid which make have accounted for some liabilities which were paid in full over the years via a repayment schedule.

Bit bemused as to why this is being discussed as if its an investment proposal.

It's just a chance to own a small part of the club as a token gesture and instead of the owners of the shares taking the money from sale they are putting it into the community hall project.

The club is worthless and owning it only brings hassle, commitment, endless hours of work for little thanks and a load of flak off people who wouldn't go within a mile of a fundraising event.

The shares are just a nice way of owning a bit of it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:44:43 PM by markecky »
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team