News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Manager

Author Topic: Manager  (Read 3610 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Manager
« on: April 30, 2017, 06:48:45 PM »

Phil Parkinson outlined his hopes and aspirations for a promotion campaign next season in a post-match interview at Tamworth on Saturday. It is now on the club website.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Manager
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 07:12:18 PM »

Excellent read.
It's all my fault.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »

An interesting read, and I like his positivity, but his assessment of the current squad seems wildly optimistic. Time will tell.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 07:22:55 PM »

But reading between the lines, he does have new players (strikers) in mind. I don't think he'll stand for persistently injured players either.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 07:45:27 PM »

If his enthusiasm for the task ahead is infectious then the signs will be good.
We don't need/want any sicknotes or players on there last legs.
If this is going to finally work we need players who are both mentally and physically fit. Who want to wear the shirt.  No more players on silly contracts coasting through games just for the pay cheque.

Good luck Phil and Neil. Lets hope by the time we get to August bank holiday the Alty faithful will have a fkn big  ;D on there faces rather than the gloom and doom of seasons past.
Come on you Alty...

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 08:00:28 PM »

: The process starts with speaking to the current group of players, and I have just made initial contact with them in the changing room and told them what my aspirations are for next season. I would love as many of them as possible to be part of that, because they are good, proven players. There will obviously be one or two who will drop off because of financial reasons, a lot who will be on Conference money. There is no point hiding away from that fact, and it will depend on whether they feel they owe the club something and want to be part of something special moving forward, in terms of a promotion push.

: Yes, I think so. These players should be hurting. I know I would be after what has happened this season. I would want the opportunity to show the fans I am good enough to play for Altrincham. It's either that, or do they want to walk away? We will see, but, again, I can't answer that question until I've spoken to them.

Based on what I have seen and speaking to people, after doing plenty of research, they are certainly good enough to go to the level below and win the league. But if they haven't got the appetite or hunger for it, or don't want to be here any more, it will be a very simple conversation, as I have just said to them in there.

I will be asking them if they want to be here, because that is really important. If they don't want to be, or are umming and aahing, then there will be changes. But it is very difficult to answer that question until I have spoken to them.

Very concerning and naive interview, who the f**k has he been speaking to if he thinks this shower of sh*t are good enough or even welcome at the club anymore??? Bad start Phil, I would have just kept shush until you know whats what

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 08:23:02 PM »

: The process starts with speaking to the current group of players, and I have just made initial contact with them in the changing room and told them what my aspirations are for next season. I would love as many of them as possible to be part of that, because they are good, proven players. There will obviously be one or two who will drop off because of financial reasons, a lot who will be on Conference money. There is no point hiding away from that fact, and it will depend on whether they feel they owe the club something and want to be part of something special moving forward, in terms of a promotion push.

: Yes, I think so. These players should be hurting. I know I would be after what has happened this season. I would want the opportunity to show the fans I am good enough to play for Altrincham. It's either that, or do they want to walk away? We will see, but, again, I can't answer that question until I've spoken to them.

Based on what I have seen and speaking to people, after doing plenty of research, they are certainly good enough to go to the level below and win the league. But if they haven't got the appetite or hunger for it, or don't want to be here any more, it will be a very simple conversation, as I have just said to them in there.

I will be asking them if they want to be here, because that is really important. If they don't want to be, or are umming and aahing, then there will be changes. But it is very difficult to answer that question until I have spoken to them.

Very concerning and naive interview, who the f**k has he been speaking to if he thinks this shower of sh*t are good enough or even welcome at the club anymore??? Bad start Phil, I would have just kept shush until you know whats what

You've cherry picked comments there to be fair. 'Bad start Phil' is as daft a comment as I've heard on here for a while.

I think what's more reasonable to say is that he's answered all the questions in the most appropriate way but as a group of fans he'll need to accept we're sick and tired of manager interviews after defeats and most of us will just wait for the football to start to make a judgement.

Lots of work to do and he seems to grasp that. No point reading anything else into it.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 09:55:30 PM »

When Parkinson spoke to the players I hope he took a leaf out of Antonio Conte's book on his appointment at Juventus 
On his first day he addressed the players.
"It's time we stopped being crap.
Every single person here has performed badly over the last couple of seasons.
Turning around this ship is not a polite request.
It's an order, a moral obligation."

Anything less and he has been conned by the bunch of charlatans that have both played for and run the club over the last few years. 
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Manager