News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cheers Rosie!!

Author Topic: Cheers Rosie!!  (Read 3005 times)

teasybeaver

Cheers Rosie!!
« on: October 25, 2007, 09:45:05 AM »

Good luck to Stephen Rose in whatever he does next.

I always thought rosie gave a good account of himself in an alty shirt and put 100% in every time. He's been unlucky not to get more games of late too.

A nice lad as well on the occasions i met him, i'm sure he'll be an asset to his next club!

Cheers Rosie!

Alty365

Re: Cheers Rosie!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:51:59 AM »

Agreed! Always gave his all for Alty and I hope he goes on to do well.

Just a thought though: With Rose leaving and Tinson not getting any younger, what options does this give us for the future? If you exclude Shotton this only leaves us with Munroe as a centre back with any future at the club beyond this season (I'm sure Tinson stated his intention to only play for one more season). I'm all for moving forward and bringing in better players, but where is the cover once Shotton returns to Stoke?

louise1925

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:40:13 AM »

Perhaps Shots has indicated to GH that he's staying til the end of the season. Can I just add my voice to those thanking Rosey for his services to the club. Yes, he will definately be an asset to the next club that gets him.

teasybeaver

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 12:39:52 PM »

I suspect that Rosie just wanted regular football as he's at the age where he'll expect to be playing every week. GH will honour his wishes and I doubt we can replace him until January.

Its frustrating really cos it seems right now that we could do with his commitment in our back 4, I honestly thought that he and Munroe could have made a long-lasting partnership in front of coburn and Acton.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 12:42:50 PM »

Sorry to see Rosie go, always felt he was a solid (if not over spectacular) member of the squad. I'm sure he'll do a great job for whoever he plays for next.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 02:00:20 PM »

Good luck where ever you go Stephen,sorry to see you go.
Harold

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 05:14:54 PM »

Another player who has given 100% for Alty and shown the commitment required...

But if we're getting rid of players like Rod, mad-dog and rosie we can't then surprised that new player have less commitment.

Seems to me we're getting rid of exactly what the manager is complaining we haven't got enough of.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 08:04:59 PM »

I can't remember seeing Rosie having a bad game for Alty. He did seem to have a good understanding with Munroe when they played together.

However, I can appreciate he wants more 1st team football & wish him well.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 12:00:37 AM »

Call me repetitive if you like but at least you can't call me inconsistent...I'd have played Rosie in preference to one of our close season signings..At least we'd have potentially had some continuity for next season

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 12:09:16 AM »

OK, without looking at John Laidlar's archives, who remembers Rose's only goal for Alty?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 09:22:36 AM »

Call me repetitive if you like but at least you can't call me inconsistent...I'd have played Rosie in preference to one of our close season signings

Are you sure he'd have been better than Whalley?   ;) ;D

Foz

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 05:59:07 PM »

OK, without looking at John Laidlar's archives, who remembers Rose's only goal for Alty?

I seem to remember it was a free kick late on in a dismal game at Moss Lane from out towards the touchline that found it's way into the net. I think we lost the game, not sure who it was against though!

Cue a trawl on the website to find out the exact game!

Warrington Alty

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 10:15:52 PM »

Rosie's only goal was scored in the last minute of a dire 1-2 defeat to Wakefield and Emley on a very cold Tuesday night, 2nd March 2004, in a match sponsored by Tintangle Consultancy and myself, I had been asked towards the end of normal time to pick a man of the match, one suggestion after an awful performance all round was to not name anyone and keep the bottle, but I chose Rosie.As the announcment went over the tannoy he stepped up and hit a 30yard free kick that found its way into the net.

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 11:41:31 PM »

Rosie's only goal was scored in the last minute of a dire 1-2 defeat to Wakefield and Emley on a very cold Tuesday night, 2nd March 2004, in a match sponsored by Tintangle Consultancy and myself, I had been asked towards the end of normal time to pick a man of the match, one suggestion after an awful performance all round was to not name anyone and keep the bottle, but I chose Rosie.As the announcment went over the tannoy he stepped up and hit a 30yard free kick that found its way into the net.

I had already left the ground in disgust, so bad was the performance.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cheers Rosie!!