PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Missing next couple of months - Steve from Sale
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Missing next couple of months - Steve from Sale  (Read 6511 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 30, 2021, 07:53:41 PM »

Hi All,

Well my limping time is nearly over now. Thanks to the management, players and board for all their hard work this season. The game on Tuesday night is my last now for a couple of months. What a result on Tuesday night, I will carry that for a long time!

On Monday, all being well, I am going under the knife at Trafford General Hospital for my long awaited hip replacement operation. The walk from parking down Acacia Ave to the ground nearly did me in before the game, and the return back to the car was just as bad. Most of those who know me have seen me limping, and I will be glad to get this sorted. The operation is also the day before my birthday - 5th October, so as I am in for around 3 days, I will spend my birthday away from home. However, I do have Radio Robins and am taking my tablet and mobile with me, plus headphones, so I can listen to the game in hospital, then at home over the next couple of months.

I wish the fans and team all the very best while I cannot be there, but at least afterwards I will still be able to stand up at games ongoing - hopefully. Keep the results coming in lads, and give us a win to cheer me up after my op, and on my birthday.

Cheers to my fellow fans and see you all soon.

Steve

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Missing next couple of months - Steve from Sale
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 08:37:40 PM »

Good luck SFS.

Hope to see you return soon
Full time and proud of it

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 11:22:57 PM »

All the best Steve, I am sure the op will be a success.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 12:22:40 AM »

Best wishes Steve.
Parky may give you a trial once your hips sorted.

Take care
Ray & Jan

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 06:43:15 AM »

Good luck and a speedy recovery Steve.
Harold

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 10:03:00 AM »

Thanks all, just being able to walk without a major limp will be a massive bonus. This is a long standing problem I have had for about six years. It has got steadily worse in particular over the last two years. I have not helped by delaying treatment due to Covid 19, but I felt the NHS had enough on their plate to cope with, without me.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 05:07:14 PM »

Good luck. Recovery seems to be rapd for hips so you might not miss much. Maybe borrow a wheelchair and get yourself in the disabled dugout for a while  ;)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 06:09:33 PM »

Good luck from a fellow limper Steve !

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 08:17:14 AM »

Our neighbour has a hip replacement a couple of months ago. Her recovery time was really good. She was mowing the lawn last week! SBL Good luck!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 11:00:00 AM »

Our neighbour has a hip replacement a couple of months ago. Her recovery time was really good. She was mowing the lawn last week! SBL Good luck!

She can do mine if she's got nowt else to do.

Good luck with it Steve, I enjoy your posts and look forward to many of those when you're ready.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 10:50:54 PM »

Hip operations: so much more trendy than ordinary ones!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2021, 04:23:12 AM »

Hi JD, hope you are well. Here are my main concerns both before and after the hip operation:-

1). I have been really worried about crossing Moss Lane after the game to go back to my car. Some cars go fast down Moss Lane, and I was worried I would be unable to get out of the way in time. Particularly after the recent Notts County and Kings Lynn Town matches.

2). I have heard of problems with one leg being very slightly longer than the other after a hip operation. Worried about leaving my usual post behind the goal to visit Dawn for a Bovril and just going round and round in circles.

3). Farting and dislocating my hip! Dislocations can occur on very odd occasions within 10 days after the operation. I will ask the surgeon prior to my operation.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 06:07:40 AM »

I don't know, but I think it is possible to park on Golf Road if you get there before the spaces are gone, and certainly possible to park on the "gas works" where you don't need to cross any roads (I dare say they will bring in restrictions sooner or later...).

I have one leg longer anyway, which may have caused the hip problems I suffered from. I have been able to manage this so far with lifestyle changes (for example I try and walk on pavements (which usually slope slightly to help with drainage) where the camber is in my favour, equaling up the difference rather than exaggerating it.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2021, 10:19:50 AM »

I sympathise with you Hugh. I do find that uneven pavements seem to throw me off balance easily. I do not have the best balance even when I was younger, but it is more exaggerated when I walk along the pavements. I had one fall a few weeks ago trying to get through our patio doors with a basket of washing. Next door neighbour's dog heard me and barked, alerting my neighbour to come outside and investigate. I suffered no more than grazed knees and hands fortunately, I guess it could have been worse.

I wish we still had the car park at Aecom we used to have, that helped by cutting down my walking. I was caring for my foster children and dropping them off at cubs/guides, and could not get to the ground until just on kick-off. Carys from Chester was running her Beaver Group, the closer parking areas had all gone so it was the bottom of Acacia Ave being the best available; and crossing Moss Lane.

I'm sure things we be a lot better after my op. Take care mate.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2021, 10:19:47 PM »

Good luck with the op Steve, and keep in touch with the lads on RR and here while you are laid up.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team