PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rematch confirmed
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Rematch confirmed  (Read 11679 times)

bumble

Re: Rematch confirmed
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »

Ridiculous!

Let's make sure that we give it Frank big time tomorrow night once we're a few goals up

Ian J

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 11:47:33 AM »

Irrespective of the decision, whilst it is disappointing, we need to abide by it, travel back to Wales, and beat them 3-0.

My own personal preference would be to see the Alty fans line up behind the Colwyn Bay dugout and start a very slow "Fraaaank Fraaaaank" from the first minute to the last- akin to the slow hand clap. Wonder how long it would take him to lose his cool....

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 11:48:22 AM »

I'm afraid that they don't have much to lose as they were out for the count on saturday.  I expect a tough, tough game.  It's now like playing a lower league team
Bernard Taylors barmy army

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 11:53:20 AM »

Hate to say it, but having read the rules the correct decision has been made. What threw all of us was the referee's initial assertion that someone running the line needn't be qualified. This isn't the case and it looks like he wasn't aware of the rules. No excuse for FS's behaviour or indeed the unsubstantiated suggestions of threats. I would have thought the FA need to have a look at FS's conduct seperately.

On a related point, with £4,000 at stake, never mind the various club's expenses the rules need to change. Either a 4th official is made available by the FA or it is incumbent on the home side to have a substitute official available. What is clear is that the current situation isn't satisfactory.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:38:59 PM by JTH »

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 12:02:28 PM »

Hate to say it, but having read the rules the correct decision has been made. What threw all of of us was the referee's initial assertion that someone running the line needn't be qualified. This isn't the case and it looks like he wasn't aware of the rules. No excuse for FS's behaviour or indeed the unsubstantiated suggestions of threats. I would have thought the FA need to have a look at FS's conduct seperately.

On a related point, with £4,000 at stake, never mnd the various club's expenses the rules need to change. Either a 4th official is made available by the FA or it is incumbent on the home side to have a substitute offical available. What is clear is that the current situation isn't satisfactory.
Good post.

Jezza

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »

This gives teams who are losing with minutes to go in a cup tie a green light to nobble the ref...and then refuse all alternatives available.

A common sense decision would be to play the final 7 mins with the score at 2-0.

well done the FA!!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 12:16:55 PM »

Make sure you all have recording equipment on hand for when the hired thugs refuse to let you down to the toilets and try and keep you behind a goal with no toilet or randomly pick on people due to steroid rage

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »

I blame their board for this injustice. they could have sorted this at 4,40 on Saturday by telling Sinclair to wind it in   and given him the flag.
Full time and proud of it

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 12:30:32 PM »

I so wish I could find my letter I sent to CB last year. If I recall I didn't post it on the forum so as not to inflame anything last year. Now I wish I had it to hand to post.

Ecky if you can find it please feel free to post it, it will give everyone a good laugh :-)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 12:46:12 PM »

I blame their board for this injustice. they could have sorted this at 4,40 on Saturday by telling Sinclair to wind it in   and given him the flag.

The Colwyn directors stood around near the tunnel in suits were all smiles at what happened, f**k them, we all know who runs that club, they can suffer financially on our visits in future, they'll get nothing from me and I'm sure others, talk about cut your nose off to spite your face.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »

Whats the odds on a floodlight failure after 75 minutes tomorrow if were 2 up again lol

Where's Frankie.  -----  f**k knows.  :D

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 02:29:26 PM »

Richman to get the winner  ;)

Also, regarding the ref situation. Usually you are meant to have the same as the original tie aren't you? So will it be the same liners, with a different ref from the Manchester FA?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:47:05 PM by Nasha »
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Hamilton

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 02:52:07 PM »

or the same ref on crutches?

York Alty

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 03:52:20 PM »

no shocks with the decision.  This does bring into question who can appoint a stand in official and who is/isn't allowed a veto.  The FA need to look seriously at how these decisions are made, and who makes them in all circumstances. A ref controls and mangaes the game - making decisions all game.  S/he pulls a muscle and the current ruling says s/he's unable to make the decision about who replaces them.  That's not logical to me.

This situation is a nonsense, footy needs to get something out of if.

View from the middle

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 04:48:48 PM »

The game always was going to get replayed in full with the score starting at 0-0. The suggestions that Alty should be awarded the game or should start with a 2-0 lead or even only play seven minutes are in my opinion ridiculous. If Alty were to start with a 2-0 lead would that mean cautions and substitutions from Saturday would carry over to the new fixture? If the game consisted of seven minutes I think that there would be more complaints that you had travelled to Colwyn Bay and payed your entrance fee to witness seven minutes of football. The laws of the game (it still amazes me when people call them rules) state 'the match lasts two equal periods of 45 minutes, unless otherwise mutually agreed between the referee and the two teams. Any agreement to alter the duration of the periods of play (e.g. to reduce each half to 40 minutes because of insufficient light) must be made before the start of play and must comply with competition rules.' In regards to an abandoned match, Law 7 states 'an abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules provide otherwise.'

Having not been at the game on Saturday I can't comment on how likely Alty were to win the game but by the sounds of things it was very likely but as everyone knows football is unpredictable which is what makes it so entertaining. From what I've read it seems like Alty would have won that game 999 times out of 1000 but who knows if Colwyn Bay could have scored two late goals and forced a replay? Saturday could have been the 1 time in 1000 games when it happened. I must point out that I have been watching Alty since I was four years old and have sold programmes, officiated on friendlies and ironically stood in as fourth official in the Conference when the ref got injured at Moss Lane and have no affiliation with Colwyn Bay and while I want Alty to progress to the next round I can't help but have a balanced and unbiased view.

A point to think about is had Alty been 2-0 down and the same situation occured how many people would suggest the FA should award the game to Colwyn Bay or only seven minutes should be played in a new fixture? In my opinion had roles been reversed, with £4000 and a potential trip to Wembley at stake for Alty, 99% of you would say you would do everything in your power to get the game replayed in full and the other 1% are lying.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rematch confirmed