PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Player of the Year so Far
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Player of the Year so Far  (Read 6267 times)

le bignose

« on: March 18, 2008, 11:55:32 AM »

Out of curiosity, i just wondered what peoples views are for Player of the Year so far. What with having another difficult season, players coming and going, injuries and yet another relegation battle .............. who's stood out for who and why

For me .............. without shadow of a doubt, a credit to Alty Fc and Stoke, a credit to himself to play with passion and determintaion, Shotts wins it. Even playing out of position (which i think is about time we see him back centrally!!)

I'd have to follow that up closely with Col for his goal scoring creditials this season which have kept us in the dogfight. Having come thru a blip in form and being dropped! what a turn around!! Never under estimate him!!

And finally Robbie, who has come through tough times this season to be a real force in the middle again, again showing the commitment and drive we need, espeically at this stage of the seaon

Thoughts please ..........

altyf

Re: Player of the Year so Far
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 11:59:22 AM »

Shotton/Tinson

le bignose

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 12:02:15 PM »

Tinson!!! I know a few would say it but each to their own. Early on in this season a definite candidate ..............

Of late not a chance for me!! Mistake ridden and getting found out !! ............. shows his old legs cant handle it anymore !!

markecky

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:19:46 PM »

Aspinall for me....did well at Nuneaton..

Only Kidding Ollie..only kidding......

joe

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 12:25:31 PM »

Liam King for me even though he's only been here since January because of the massive improvement since we've had him. Don't think it was any coincidence that we fell apart against Crawley as soon as he got taken off.

Alex

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 12:33:50 PM »

if he had been here a few months more i would vote for greg young, however for me its ryan shotton, chris lane and robbie lawton.

le bignose

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 01:18:35 PM »

Aspinall for me....did well at Nuneaton..

Only Kidding Ollie..only kidding......

Now now come on Ecky .......... we all know Ol will be voting for Mr O'neil dont we ........... ;D

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »

It's easily Liam King - I don't care how long he's been here.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »

For me it's a pretty close run thing - 3 stand out performers for me

1) Shotton - Outstanding all year to date - solid, good on the ball and never gives up
2) Little - Without his goals - we'd probably all have conceded defeat in the relegation battle and with a few more goals from him -  he might keep us up
3) Coburn - I know our defensive record hasn't been good, but how many outstanding saves has he made again this season - particularly of late (2 world class against Halifax and although we lost - Save of the season against Histon)

Others could stake a claim - Tinson, Robbie, Lane - but not stood out as much as the 3 above.

I've excluded loan players like Jennings and King - who would have featured if they had been here longer

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »

Yes it's a real shame about JJ going back. He was quality for me.
See he started for Macc at the weekend - from the way the teamsheet was given, it looked like in left midfield.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

le bignose

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 02:49:43 PM »

For me thats where we should have used him and dropped Peyton back behind him. JJ had alot more to offer pushing forward and whipping in them balls, and boy could he tackle bravely!!

Alty366

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 03:15:11 PM »

little, lane, coburn in that order

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 04:06:58 PM »

Shotton.

The Fan

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 04:12:35 PM »

Shotton by an absolute country mile. Not only for his actual performances but for his attitude and desire in playing for a lower league club. 

James Black

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 04:20:43 PM »

Been born in the potterys i got to back the pottery man in the team ryan shotton with Stuart and colin in third
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team