PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon might be a good up & coming outfit
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Histon might be a good up & coming outfit  (Read 6962 times)

Jimmy

Re: Histon might be a good up & coming outfit
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »

Bit  fed up with that we are clearly the lion and tin man from the wizard of oz
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:44:37 PM by Jimmy »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »

Its been said on here lots of times by plenty of forumites - There is no depth whatsoever in the current squad and until the powers that be realise this and strengthen it, then we are basically going to win sweet FA nor qualify for the play-offs.

Part of me thinks that the club have decided to save the cup money and will choose to spend it in the close season.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 10:45:59 PM »

Its been said on here lots of times by plenty of forumites - There is no depth whatsoever in the current squad and until the powers that be realise this and strengthen it, then we are basically going to win sweet FA nor qualify for the play-offs.

Part of me thinks that the club have decided to save the cup money and will choose to spend it in the close season.

16 games to go all to play for but ls needs to strengthen asap

fuertes

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 10:13:39 AM »

At this risk of having my head bitten off...I think you might be right and I think it might be the correct decision.

The money only became available once Chester, Brackley and Guiseley were well away from us. We could throw cash at the playing squad now in the hope of grabbing one of two remaining playoff places and subsequently winning them. Or we could have a good tilt at this league next season by adding to those good players who've already signed on until summer 2014.

It's not necessarily an all-or-nothing situation, of course. We could use a small portion of the cash to add one or two players this season while keeping the rest back. But I certainly wouldn't want to spend money unwisely if it'll impact on our (more realistic) promotion hopes next season.

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 10:33:09 AM »

Yes but if we get the players now they will be used to the system etc even if we do fail this season

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 10:45:57 AM »

There's also every chance we won't have Reeves and/or Watmore next season.

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 11:04:37 AM »

In 4th place in the leauge it would be bizarre if we made playoffs but decided to not add the players to be competetive in them

bumble

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 11:12:28 AM »

Their second goal was even a repeat of Soihull wjnner from October...

Whilst Hughesy goes on about a captain... id rather have someone who can kick people ten foot up in the air.

Yesterday you could have got away with orwtty much anything. The fouling was appauling. Its all well and good playing nice pretty football but ehen youre having lumps kicked out of you on a boggy pitch, you need someone to fight fire with fire

Im not saying i wan 11 pub players to play hoofball to get us to the BSP but 1 or 2 wouldnt hurt snd Im not sure theyd cost the earth....

On a seperate note abiyt the cuo money, Sinnott has said that the sqaud is xlosw knit and he doesnt want to bring in lots of players or thebwrong player (basically signing aload of john miles or brian summerskills again)

But if this sqaud is so close knit... bringing in players now would give them time to be beeded in.

Id be even more furious if the club is saying "ah well fourth in feb lets just see what occurs" (but I doubt they are)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:15:33 AM by Stoke Alty »

JDN

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »

At this risk of having my head bitten off...I think you might be right and I think it might be the correct decision.

I certainly wouldn't want to spend money unwisely if it'll impact on our (more realistic) promotion hopes next season.
I wish someone had told me so I could have saved my money for next season as well

4th in the league and we taking a dive (or so you suggest)

Madness - what is going on at this club - something has gone wrong

Anyway saying next season is more realistic is rubbish, it the same lame excuse you Banbury (and other happy clappers) were throwing around last season

The time for excuses has gone

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 11:56:08 AM »

Let's finish the season now and forefit all games

arnald

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »

we could have another few chances to get a run together,
no more than that tho were leaving are selfs with no ability to draw a game
dosnt help in the long haul

Bath Alty

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 12:59:27 PM »

Lack of cover for Carl is our biggest issue.  We really need a first choice central midfielder able to tackle, break up play and give it Duncan / Nicky.  Then we choose to play Moult or rogers alongside him depending on the opposition.

taxi Phil

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2013, 02:23:53 PM »

Lack of cover for Carl is our biggest issue.  We really need a first choice central midfielder able to tackle, break up play and give it Duncan / Nicky.  Then we choose to play Moult or rogers alongside him depending on the opposition.
Talking of whom, have we heard any news of Carl ?

bumble

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2013, 02:35:18 PM »

Talking of whom, have we heard any news of Carl ?

He said hes fine now

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »

I had been really impressed with the development of the team and tactics of recent.

However 1 defeat against teams near the bottom is no good but 2 is certainly not good enough.

With 2 games against Halifax, and games against Chester, Brackley and Guisley to come it is not looking promising.

Should we reach the play offs will we realistically have the power to overcome both Brackley and Guisley, i dont think so, but in cup games anything can happen.

I was all for keeping the money in the bank until next season, but there again I said as results had been going our way. These two defeats do shed a whole new light on our season now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon might be a good up & coming outfit