PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Price v Attendance
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Price v Attendance  (Read 5177 times)

roytonmike

Re: Price v Attendance
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 02:44:16 PM »

The Cheshire FA unfortunately set the pricing minimums for this competition.
If the Cheshire FA set the prices for last night they seem to be ignoring their own rule book -
"CUP TIE CHARGES AND EXPENSES
The minimum charge in all cup ties shall be £5.00 or the amount charged for first team games of the home club."
I'd be interested to know quite who set the prices & on what basis; although I was never going to be available for last night's match, due to an unavoidable commitment elsewhere, I have to confess that £10 struck me as more than a bit steep, just as it had done for the Hyde game in November.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 07:33:44 PM »

To me it was £10.00 well spent, though I would not have known beforehand.

I have now witnessed the biggest ever scoreline in a live football match I have ever seen since Merthyr.

I got my true moneysworth last night but in all honesty would have gone anyway irrespective of the score, especially as we have not played many games recently. Those who did not want to stump up the £10.00 are fine by me for whatever their reason, but I was there amd glad I was.

You never know with football do you, Alex and I are still talking about it now. I hope Kiddy read our website!!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 08:24:31 PM »

biggest score at moss lane, I had an idea it would be like that so made the long journey, it was either going to be a goal fest or 2-0.  I'm glad it was the former
Bernard Taylors barmy army

RocketDan

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 09:22:07 PM »

Hypothetically speaking, if last nights game was free, what do you think the attendance would be?   I'd say 600 tops.

I know it may sound odd, but even if last nights game was free, i don't think i would have bothered going.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 09:49:27 PM »

Midweek games dont work for me and I guess for many in my situation.

I go to Sat home games with 2 of my boys (8 and 6), a TUesday night at 7:45 is bedtime so not only can they not go because of school, I cant go because of having to get them in bed and all the other looking after kids stuff.

Last night I think it was about 6-0 at 63 minutes when I'd finished all my jobs and could have come down.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »

Gone fishing; if you would have spent £40 last night then I salute you, you are just the type of floating fan we want.......you and the kids must have great appetites and thirsts though  ::)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »

Just to echo others, at £3 entry Alty would have lost money. Not many families would spend another £31 once inside ! If anything and if allowed, last night should have been £10 and free for U14s
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

GoneFishing

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 11:20:27 PM »

Gone fishing; if you would have spent £40 last night then I salute you, you are just the type of floating fan we want.......you and the kids must have great appetites and thirsts though  ::)

:) They are not really kids, 20 and 18. We would have about 3 pints each @ around £2.50 a pint thats £22.50 + £9 entrance @£3 each, a programme  = £2 and a pie and chips or something like that, so a total of £40 is about right.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 01:38:35 AM »

Fair play. I assumed "sons" meant kids i.e the type that want a chuppa-chup lolly and a fruit-shoot. Not the type that want 3 John Smiths and a kebab !

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 01:40:35 AM »

Shame you were put off last night by CSC prices, but hopefully you will attend a few games before the season ends

GoneFishing

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 09:47:47 AM »

My lads passed the lollipop stage a long time ago. Now all they want is beer, designer clothes, phones that are too complicated for Einstein and 3D tellys. We will definitely be attending a few games before the end of the season.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 06:15:50 PM »

My lads passed the lollipop stage a long time ago. Now all they want is beer, designer clothes, phones that are too complicated for Einstein and 3D tellys. We will definitely be attending a few games before the end of the season.

You will always be most welcome at Alty,.....the cost of admission is very reasonable for league matches with a good standard of football,.......and its less than £2.50 a pint too, £2 I think  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Price v Attendance