News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 season a head

Author Topic: season a head  (Read 2892 times)

jimbo

season a head
« on: July 05, 2009, 12:29:13 AM »

can we survive this season?.as we approch a new season.have we enough fire power.have we enough flair .enough defensive qualitys has the midfield got enough guile and aggression and bite?it will be difficult.we won our fair share of games 1 nil that could of gone either way  .it will be close and very interesting.i think we as a whole are getting abitious which is not wrong .but my heart says oh oh.only little gets enough goals and he is getting on .the midfield isnt wat you need for creating goals.but defense is ok .thoughts any1

Jenga

Re: season a head
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 09:46:14 AM »

We have the defense, as for the rest I am not sure to be honest.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 09:49:34 AM »

Impossible to say if we will survive before:

A) Seeing us kick a ball

B) Seeing how other teams have been affected by the loss of Setanta money

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »

We might just see Chris Denham starting games and Col coming on after about 65 minutes,which might just help Col seeing his age and also the club with his ability to score,but lets wait and see,its going to be an interesting season for sure.
Harold

ANDYT

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 11:02:55 AM »

i have to say i am not looking forward to this season but most teams are in are situation. i think Chris Denham will come to life this season, hopefully away! i think we need a few players in such as wingers, centre mid, an two attackers but i don't see where were going to get these players from.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 11:24:27 AM »

I am looking forward to us springing a few surprises this coming season.
We showed we could compete with the best ( and lose to the worst!!) but so many times we were having the better of games only to lose it at the death.
I don't think it would take much of an improvement for us to get into the top half.

Roll on August!!
I can hardly wait!!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 01:54:38 PM »

i have to say i am not looking forward to this season but most teams are in are situation. i think Chris Denham will come to life this season, hopefully away! i think we need a few players in such as wingers, centre mid, an two attackers but i don't see where were going to get these players from.

Our team injury free could  give anyone a game in this league on their day . alot could be down to injuries , form and who can be brought in  on loan etc
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 02:09:53 PM by Timperley The Best »

Nonleaguer

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 05:50:33 PM »

While clubs have being splashing money left, right and centre, Alty have the core of the same squad from last season so at least all the players will have already gelled and there won't be the impact of a vastly changed squad which may have a detrimental effect.

As previously stated, our team on it's day will be a match for anyone in this league it's really now down to the manager to inspire and motivate them.

If Graham Barrow moves to Wigan, firstly hearty congratulations but also I fear this is a key role that will need to be addressed quickly to ensure that any momentum gained from last year is maintained.

I for one am looking forward to the challenge of 2009/2010 and expect Blus Square Premier football to be maintained again come May 2010!!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 12:45:49 AM »

Maybe Pre-season friendlys might produce someone on trial , we have a squad that is capable of doing well,  if players like Denham , Street ,Senior can keep free of injuries.Im looking forwards to new season , bring it on  .
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 season a head