News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 back to reality

Author Topic: back to reality  (Read 1190 times)

Jacko

back to reality
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:58:58 PM »

We were very lucky to have young, senior, little and to some extent kearney in our side imo,

These players were head and shoulders above what we have now so I don't understand how people can act suprised that we aren't competing well in this league,

People are talking about effort and heart, but that can only get u so far in this league, there are no lewes or weymouth or st albans anymore, we've gone backwards :(

Jacko

Re: back to reality
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:01:36 AM »

I'll still get behind them come Saturday of course :)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 12:08:23 AM »

You can't say we were lucky to sign those players we identified them and offered them deals which they accepted which is football. Apart from little who helped get us promotion the others were signed in this league which we entered deservedly through a hardworking campaign. We may have been in the right place at the right time to sign those players but to use the word lucky would be to patronise every other player, the management team and the fans.

Jacko

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 12:19:40 AM »

I said we were lucky to have those players, we were that's a fact as they could have been full time easily but for circumstances, when we get players that will go part time as they are doing a qualification for example we should see that as a bonus, I don't think that's at all patronising
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 back to reality