PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead vs Aldershot
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gateshead vs Aldershot  (Read 1697 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead vs Aldershot
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2024, 09:53:12 AM »

Given that they've been in administration and the take over still hasn't been sorted (the EFL might not even accept them back under those circumstances) I'm not even sure they should be allowed to compete in the play offs.
Like others have said though, we'll be at home if we beat Oxford and we're not too bothered about who we play at home. We should be confident.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2024, 02:33:32 PM »

Under normal circumstances, Halifax would be the very last team I'd want to play but given they've played a game pretty much every other day now for a few weeks, we really should be hoping for them. Aldershot appear to have deteriorated since our last meeting and would also represent a decent match for us.

Gateshead and Southend would not be great fixtures for us, though our record against both in recent years has been 50/50.

Bring on whoever.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2024, 03:09:12 PM »

Yes. I've been thinking about it and come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter who it is as long as we get a home eliminator game so really a win tomorrow is very important.
Fourth or fifth too, I can see the pros and cons of playing Barnet or Bromley. If we can get to the final we'll most likely have to play both anyway.
As Alty Bri says, bring it on!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead vs Aldershot