PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich Signings
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Northwich Signings  (Read 7146 times)

Vics Chick

Re: Northwich Signings
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 11:33:36 AM »

They are nailed on to be next, as confguiders would say.  Don't tell them though as it will spoil things...

Here is a sneak preview for those not well versed in Maunderism.

1) "The town must back us"...the fab four appeal as despite good results and vics best first half of the season since1964, they still average 845

2) Fab four must select an unrealistic crowd figure as a target in the next statement.  " we need x,xxx (usually 2,000) just to break even"

3) Fab four issue "we can't fund it forever, we are just people who love football, we are not millionaires"

4) Budget cut, Dino walks  "unkept promises, a sad day, I love these fans and this club, it breaks my heart (for a week at least)

5) Appeal for investors.  Nones forthcoming

6) Club up for sale

Rest is in hands of the Gods.

One big downfall of Alty is that many associated with the club, from Graham Heathcote up  ;D are obsessed with clubs around them, not least Vics. You just worry about your own club, we'll worry about ours.

...or are you just looking for next season's rescue package already?   :-\

She says....on the Alty forum..

Copy and paste it love..its nailed on

I just logged on to correct the mistake made at the beginning of this thread and then got to reading some others!

Does looking at a local club's forum once in a while make me obsessed? Ermmm....I'd say no.

...and don't call me love, it's a bit presumptious. Don't believe everything behind a forum name, but hey Big Boy I'm game if you are.  :-*

Riiiiiiight!

I think you have just about sold yourself as a well rounded individual whose opinion is worthy and informed. On the other hand you could be seen as another hick from the salt mine.

We're in the same league as you. We dont care what you think. We did it, we deserve it, we'll laugh when you fall next year.

See you on boxing day inbred!

Nowhere on here (or anywhere else for that  matter) have I said you don't deserve to be in the BSP.  ;)

I merely came on to correct a few mistakes in one or two posts on here (Richie Sutton being a left back etc)!! However, simply because I'm a Vics fan you all felt the need to start attacking me and my club.

Inbred is a little bit insulting don't you think?

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 11:48:47 AM »

No-one comes on here to get compliments! By the way I don't live in Alty so I don't know the story regarding your new backers. Obviously Dino did a great job on the pitch and anything was better than being owned by Mr Connett, but is there not a part of you which is worried about Vic's future?

One of your Vics colleagues on here has said that the wage budget has been cut - but I presume it was only being sustained via the Walrus' pocket in the first place given the modest crowds? As I understand it the new backers have put in a fair amount of cash and presumably intend doing so next year given the signings you are making. What do you think they're long term objectives are and do you trust them?

I'm not having a go, its just that if our board suddenly announced that couple of millionaires were going to put money into Alty, given our experiences in the past (and this week!) I'd be pretty suspicious, especially if they weren't people already linked to the club in some way.

Bucko

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »

Megabucks Stafford??? You're having a laugh!!! They're as broke as we are! It is indeed an excellent policy to sign talented players from lower leagues and in Paul Barrett you have a quality left sided player far too good for non league football. However, don't delude yourself that these guys come cheap, because they don't. You know as well as we do where it will probably all lead, but I hope you enjoy the ride and it helps bring more fans through the gates.

Sorry if the sarcasm wasnt clear, my point is stafford cant have offered ritchie sutton too much yet we offered less! Maybe our offers of lower league players the chance to play in the BSP has an influence on their decision. Just that many alty fans assume we throw money at every player!

Vics Chick

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »

No-one comes on here to get compliments! By the way I don't live in Alty so I don't know the story regarding your new backers. Obviously Dino did a great job on the pitch and anything was better than being owned by Mr Connett, but is there not a part of you which is worried about Vic's future?

One of your Vics colleagues on here has said that the wage budget has been cut - but I presume it was only being sustained via the Walrus' pocket in the first place given the modest crowds? As I understand it the new backers have put in a fair amount of cash and presumably intend doing so next year given the signings you are making. What do you think they're long term objectives are and do you trust them?

I'm not having a go, its just that if our board suddenly announced that couple of millionaires were going to put money into Alty, given our experiences in the past (and this week!) I'd be pretty suspicious, especially if they weren't people already linked to the club in some way.

Your points are valid and of course I ask myself exactly these same questions. Can you tell me however what you think I can do about things as a fan?

For the record, I was resigned to the fact that we'd be starting again as "AFC Northwich". The new consortium came in and took over the club. Did I have any say in that? Of course I didn't. I then had two options; give up supporting the club because there ***may*** be concerns over its long-term future or continue supporting the club I've followed for the last 30 years.

I don't know the ins and outs of the new owners' financial prospects, however, neither do those who often speculate the future of Vics on here (including those who live in Altrincham!!).

For the time being, we are here, you are here (well assuming that's what the AGM decides  ;) ). Let's just get on with it.

One last point though (seeing as you guys have enough to say about Vics)...I think you need to look closer to home to target why you've not had the greatest amount of success these last few years. I don't believe that Graham Heathcote is the man to take you forward. Forget budgets for a second (easy for me to say I know) but I think in terms of tactics and his team's ambition, Dino is way ahead of GH. Dino has never sent a side out looking for a draw and we played the last 15 games or so in a 3-5-2 formation, knowing that we needed wins. Is that how Heathcote approached things? If it were me, I'd give Graham Barrow a shot at the job, possibly with Colin Little as a player coach. Failing that, I'd give Jimmy Vince a 'phone call.  ;)  So, not having a go here, just a view from the green side of Cheshire. I think we were more than happy to see GH get the nod again!!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »

I think that says something when opposition supporters are highlighting GH as our failure to stay up.

Longman

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »

Anyway banter aside, back to their actual signings, Paul Barratt is meant to be a great talent and a quality attacking left back,  now one of his best mates quite well and he was sure he would move on to much bigger things after southport (which was a big let down since we was at liverpool i think before that). So i think if all the hype is true that vics have prized a great left back, one which we could have done with! Especially as he lives locally in warrington i think.

SH you are indeed correct, I know Paul (my mate went out with his sister) and he does live in Warrington.  I've played six a side with him a few times and he is pure class, very very pacey and a good footballing brain to boot!  I'm gutted Vics have got him cos i'd have loved to see him play for Alty!  I believe we offered him a contract but obviously we can't compete with moneybags Vics!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2008, 12:59:40 PM »

Surely know we have to draw a line under what Vics are doing and conentrate on ways that we can compete with them. Yes we can have a laugh when it all goes wrong but not if we're not competitive ourselves.

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2008, 02:06:19 PM »

Surely know we have to draw a line under what Vics are doing and conentrate on ways that we can compete with them. Yes we can have a laugh when it all goes wrong but not if we're not competitive ourselves.

As VC said above, we can't do anything about who owns the club until when and if things go tits up. If that does happen we will have to start again at the bottom, owned by the supporters trust. But I don't think it will happen in the near future as these guys have sensible plans that are actually being put into action as opposed to the Walrus' marina, five a side complex, hotel and ice skating rink!  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich Signings