News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Friday's fixture

Author Topic: Friday's fixture  (Read 2001 times)

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Friday's fixture
« on: January 07, 2023, 09:47:49 PM »

Sounds as though Wrexham's FA Cup match against Coventry was a cracker; a case of the home side vastly underestimating the ability within the ranks of their NL opposition.  The optimist in me would like to believe that Wrexham's victory today may work in our favour.  There is absolutely no doubt that success for Wrexham this season will only me measured on whether they gain promotion to the FL.  As such, I think the team they will put out against us will depend on whether they believe they can beat whoever they are drawn against in the main competition; if they get a draw that they believe they can win, I expect us to face a weakened Wrexham side out on Friday.  That aside, I think Friday's match may be one to savour; I expect a large Wrexham contingent will make the trip eager to celebrate their success earlier today (it's their closest fixture and easy to get to as well).  Fore our part, I hope that we have a packed GR (minus miscreants) and that the atmosphere is buzzing under the lights. #coyr

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Friday's fixture
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 10:15:32 PM »

Another Alty fan pointed out to me on Twitter that they also play on Tuesday... surely if there is ever a chance to beat them then it is Friday?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 10:18:22 PM »

I wouldn't count on a large contingent eager to celebrate their cup success, recalling the Cheshire cup match with Caernarfon after the Spurs match! Still, I suspect it could be easily 1,000. The more interesting question is, what will we do for the league match? I think they could bring well over 2,000 for that, and if part of the pop side is closed, could be enough to fill that stand plus the Chequers End. Am I right in thinking our capacity is currently set at 5,000, and is this likely to change?

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 01:01:01 AM »

I wouldn't count on a large contingent eager to celebrate their cup success, recalling the Cheshire cup match with Caernarfon after the Spurs match! Still, I suspect it could be easily 1,000. The more interesting question is, what will we do for the league match? I think they could bring well over 2,000 for that, and if part of the pop side is closed, could be enough to fill that stand plus the Chequers End. Am I right in thinking our capacity is currently set at 5,000, and is this likely to change?

They took a very creditable 5000 to Coventry.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 02:09:53 AM »

4,500 according to MOTD. I thought they might bring more to be honest. Still, maybe if they get a big tie in the next round...

I wonder if they'll play any big names on Friday?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 09:34:18 AM »

4,500 according to MOTD. I thought they might bring more to be honest. Still, maybe if they get a big tie in the next round...

I wonder if they'll play any big names on Friday?

No bigger name than Altrincham FC in my opinion.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 02:01:39 PM »

Is the game likely to be streamed ?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Friday's fixture