PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is Bill Waterson our new Chairman?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is Bill Waterson our new Chairman?  (Read 7671 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Is Bill Waterson our new Chairman?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2016, 10:48:14 AM »

Great piece and echoes an number of my own thoughts, I think the point has been made about decisions over the past year or so, how does it now help to keep bringing things up all the time.  Now is the time to draw a line and move on, I do get the impression that some might not be satisfied until we fold
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 11:57:30 AM »

I am a bit bemused by the response on this forum

Yes, its good creative writing, saying all the right things and very welcome etc........but it's hardly that different from what Domingo wrote a few days earlier and he is not being lauded as the new chairman   ::).............the only difference is that one article is posted on a forum whereas the other is on the official site
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 01:42:24 PM »

I am a bit bemused by the response on this forum

Yes, its good creative writing, saying all the right things and very welcome etc........but it's hardly that different from what Domingo wrote a few days earlier and he is not being lauded as the new chairman   ::).............the only difference is that one article is posted on a forum whereas the other is on the official site

The forum is 99% crap these days plus a lot of people seem to dislike the chairman at the moment as well so anything he says or doesn't say is going to be taken negatively.

arnald

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 01:53:48 PM »

We will win today get cheer the lads on

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2016, 11:40:19 PM »

Look, its a good thing.

1) someone has actually read the forum and seen what the supporters are thinking
2) they have taken onboard what has been written from some faceless people & those who are recognisable
3) they have acknowledged shortcomings within the current structure
4) they have acknowledged where they can do better

Very positive and should be taken as so. Perhaps there is a person who has the balls to accept the club as a whole should and done better.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »

It's all very well saying put things behind you and get on with it.

However it does feel like getting a penalty fare on the train for a genuine mistake but when the train operator makes a mistake they get off with nothing.

I think a large number of people think there were several major errors and for speaking up we get ridiculed in the national press and are supposed to tip the cap and carry on regardless.

Not saying it isn't possible but there is a line in the sand, where that line is differs from club to club and on situation to situation
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 03:32:42 PM by RockyRobin »
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 06:17:30 PM »

Look, its a good thing.

1) someone has actually read the forum and seen what the supporters are thinking
2) they have taken onboard what has been written from some faceless people & those who are recognisable
3) they have acknowledged shortcomings within the current structure
4) they have acknowledged where they can do better

Very positive and should be taken as so. Perhaps there is a person who has the balls to accept the club as a whole should and done better.

Whilst I think that most of us would readily echo the sentiments expressed in that piece by Bill Waterson, I think that it should be emphasised that it was written by a fellow supporter and the author is neither a club official nor a member of the Altrincham FC board of directors.

Why on earth our chairman/the board did not possess both the insight and humility to compose and then issue a similar statement still bewilders me.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is Bill Waterson our new Chairman?