News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carpark going sooooooon

Author Topic: Carpark going sooooooon  (Read 1071 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Carpark going sooooooon
« on: November 12, 2007, 06:44:58 PM »

Planners give the go-ahead for homes on former night club site.
By Hannah Al-Taraboulsy
Comment
TRAFFORD Planning committee has granted permission for 12 houses and two flats to be built at the site of the former Chequers night club on Moss Lane.

The proposal for the new development, which is adjacent to Altrincham FC, includes new access to Moss Lane, the installation of a 1.8m wall and 1.5m high railings and buildings that range from two to three storeys in height.

The development will retain access at the back to the nearby allotments and the existing pedestrian access gate will be repositioned outside the site.

The GMP Architectural Liaison Unit saw no reason why the development should be gated, stating : "This will create an urban fortress in an area that does not need it and in any event will not be that safe as all visiting strangers will have to be let in to get to the front doors."

Councillor Colin Foster did not object to the scheme but suggested traffic calming measures would need to be explored near Sandileigh Avenue and Stamford Park Road.

He said: "I fully support the application but 12 houses will bring a lot of families and there are a number of roads that are on a lazy bend. I'm wondering if it's possible for the sake of a few thousand pounds to protect the children living in those homes."

An officer told councillors there was no justification that the development would cause a safety problem on the road and that they did not want to affect emergency response times with traffic calming devices.

Cllr Ken Weston lent his support for the project.

He said: "This is a long awaited development and I'm sure the people of the area will be pleased when travelling people don't visit or stay on this site. I understand cllr Foster's concerns and should the traffic problems get worse the council will have to do something about it."

Chairman, cllr David Merrell, added: "I'm sure the development will do well and will be good for the area."

4:00pm today

@AltyDaz
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carpark going sooooooon