News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 who's going tommorrow?

Author Topic: who's going tommorrow?  (Read 2073 times)

Alex

who's going tommorrow?
« on: November 12, 2007, 12:41:52 PM »

i know it doesn't have the glamour of saturday but it would be nice to see a nice turn out to support the lads in a competition that we have a realistic chance of winning this year.

any way im going for a 4-2 alty win

acton
azza
tinno
munroe
scott
o'niel
lawton
payton
logan
senior
mc fadden

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: who's going tommorrow?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 12:52:24 PM »

Is that your starting 11, if so we'd been down like a lead ballon. Aspinal can not defend, where's Shotton ? our class centre half ? Where's Lane? quality right back. ONeil in midfield? he is not a midfielder or striker. McFadden is well out of his depth, need to play Colin in a few games and his confidence will come back, still our leading goal scoring, strikers need confidence and Colin's will come back !!!!

If team was fit

1) Coburn

RB Lane
LB Scotty
CB Tinson \ Munroe
CB Shotton

LW Peyton
RW Logan ( could cut inside on the right wing and attack defenders ) \ Pottsy
CM Val Owen
CM Whalley \ Lawton

CF Little \ Dean
CF Senior

Daycare Dan

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 12:53:46 PM »

Where's Lane? quality right back.

Lane will be sitting this one out due to a red card he picked up in a game on Saturday.

Alex

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 01:00:31 PM »

Is that your starting 11, if so we'd been down like a lead ballon. Aspinal can not defend, where's Shotton ? our class centre half ? Where's Lane? quality right back. ONeil in midfield? he is not a midfielder or striker. McFadden is well out of his depth, need to play Colin in a few games and his confidence will come back, still our leading goal scoring, strikers need confidence and Colin's will come back !!!!

If team was fit

1) Coburn

RB Lane
LB Scotty
CB Tinson \ Munroe
CB Shotton

LW Peyton
RW Logan ( could cut inside on the right wing and attack defenders ) \ Pottsy
CM Val Owen
CM Whalley \ Lawton

CF Little \ Dean
CF Senior

shotton does not have permission to play, lane is suspended (that red card on saturday), we have no other midfielders or have you not noticed (o'neil will do more than sedge), whalley is injured, dean is the same as shotton not eligable,owen is injurerd,pottsy is injured, and coburn and little will be rested for saturday, so my starting xi is about the best we have (i also took into account who played against witton)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 02:18:40 PM »

I think Assa is struggling with a knee injury too. It is the Chesh Sen as well.

At the risk of redoing the what is our best starting XI thread to death, this is my view based on watching us for 3 months and having made a judgement on new players.

Coburn

Lane Tinson Shotton Scott

Potts Owen Whalley Peyton

Little Senior

- Whalley gets in on the basis that he does have a bit of wuality altho I'm not happy with his lack of physicality. If he's not in I'd have Lawton in the centre, I'd rather have him and Val scrapping in there than Sedge being moderate. Logan gets a run against tired defenders but Potts starts. Dean can go back to Bury to be honest. Thought Joe O'Niell had one of his livelier games this season against Millwall running the channels well in the first half.

Right, COLIN LITTLE. I notice a few people have been having a pop on here recently. You have to take Colin for what he is, his style of play and what makes him brilliant also makes him look less than interested when it's not going right but give the guy a break.

SOme have said he was poor on Saturday. Wrong, he was in the game a lot in the first half but unsurprising when he wason his own up front in the second half he wasn't getting anywhere near the ball with 4 League 1 defenders against him.

Let's face facts, altho Col for me is still one of the first names on the team sheet he was 35 last Sunday. 35 ! And it's 3 years since he dropped out of full time football. He's not going to get 38 goals in a season (esp not at conf nat), he's not even really going to get 17 , we're not exactly a strong side, constantly attacking.

Like I say, he's not past it but I think people are judging Colin at the moment on the hero he has been, rather than the player he is at the moment, still top notch but let's be realistic eh.

louise1925

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 03:28:34 PM »

Almost agree with your best X1 Ballers. I'd play Dean v Weymouth though, becasue his height is a great asset for us. For Pottsy? For Col? For Peyton? I don't know! I just feel we need some height up front.

lukealty12

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 04:05:27 PM »

Im sure i  read on the site somehwere deans loan has finished
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 who's going tommorrow?