* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 STATTO

Author Topic: STATTO  (Read 2634 times)

Geoff

STATTO
« on: November 11, 2007, 11:21:21 PM »

It's hard to comprehend the level of abuse some "genuine" fans feel justified in giving to a supposedly less loyal supporter.  Perhaps the vague celebrity stauts ups the stakes.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but there are some (perhaps not many) more important things in my life than Alty and recenty I've missed more games than I've attended.  Strange that I didn't recieve a torrent of abuse on Saturday.  I was ashamed and embarrassed on Saturday, and yes, clearly Statto deserves an apology.

And the idea that he's freeloaded on the back of Aty is surely ridiculous.  Or did I perhaps miss the Hello magazine photo exclusive of Statto that they threatened to pull unless he swore allegiance to his local non-league team

Dougals Dad

Re: STATTO
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 11:34:39 PM »

I think the criticism of Statto is more not that he is rarely seen at Moss Lane, but more that he only seems to pick the big games.

It would be nice to have him at Moss Lane more, though, like many of us, I am sure he has legitimate reasons for not being able to be a regular.

I don't know if he has put anything into the club or not, but it would be nice for him to attend/take part in some of the fundraising events. Of course, we do not know if he has done things behind the scenes we do not know about, but if the Australian cricket team can make their support public and, in the case of Glen McGrath, set up a football match to support the club & his wife's charity. It would be nice if fans such as Statto & Frank Sidebottom could be more visible.

I don't know what abuse Statto received. I don't know if it was just or unjust. But do any  of us truly know what he has or hasn't done for Alty?

Geoff

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 11:40:06 PM »

There must have been 700/800 on Saturday who "only pick the big games".   The man's not done one thing to harm Alty (as far as I'm aware) and therefore he doesn't deserve any abuse.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 11:56:44 PM »

Do I recall correctly that Statto didn't exactly endear himself to Graham Heathcote with some of his ill-informed comments about which managers were likely to get sacked in the Blue Square Premier handbook that was given out free at the first home game at Moss Lane this season?!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 11:58:44 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 08:56:44 AM »

Saturday was not his first Alty game of the season as he was at York in September.

Where/who was the abuse coming from?

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 08:59:50 AM »

Do I recall correctly that Statto didn't exactly endear himself to Graham Heathcote with some of his ill-informed comments about which managers were likely to get sacked in the Blue Square Premier handbook that was given out free at the first home game at Moss Lane this season?!

To be fair how many people were calling for Grahams head a few weeks ago (including myself) ? So picking one aspect is not fair to home in on. As far as anything else goes I am not sure what he has or hasnt done or said so cant comment.

teasybeaver

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 09:20:33 AM »

Its a shame really, because its good for the club to have a some famous fans, whether we like them or not its all good for the profile. It seems a little strange how much we despise someone for supporting alty. I get the impression that we don't actually know exactly what statto has contributed to the club in the last few years?

On the other hand i did raise an eyebrow when he sponsored an alty away game at BPA. It would be nice to see these people turning up to watch us playing Droylsden and the like.

Whilst it works for him we must remember it works for us too. We always get a feature on the back of these people, the man on the street just see's our club on the telly, thats worth carrying a few laboured celebrities surely?

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 09:34:28 AM »

It's hard to comprehend the level of abuse some "genuine" fans feel justified in giving to a supposedly less loyal supporter.  Perhaps the vague celebrity stauts ups the stakes.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but there are some (perhaps not many) more important things in my life than Alty and recenty I've missed more games than I've attended.  Strange that I didn't recieve a torrent of abuse on Saturday.  I was ashamed and embarrassed on Saturday, and yes, clearly Statto deserves an apology.

And the idea that he's freeloaded on the back of Aty is surely ridiculous.  Or did I perhaps miss the Hello magazine photo exclusive of Statto that they threatened to pull unless he swore allegiance to his local non-league team

Give me one good reason why he was exempt from paying to come in on Saturday. A lot of people work really hard to help Altrincham FC and still don't begrudge paying their hard-earned money to get into matches. What annoys people is the way he swans around the place on FA Cup days like he's part of the furniture, gets in for free and waves an Alty scarf round his head on tv as though he's here all the time.

I don't manage to make it to that many games these days either but I still manage to pay to get into games. I also give what little I can afford to help the club when I can, but I never show up at the door expecting to be let in for nothing. In recent years many ex-directors came in for heavy criticism for turning up at games, getting in for free and then drinking themselves silly for no extra charge in our boardroom. How is this any different?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 02:06:14 PM »

How boring again someone rather put something on here than actually speak to me at the game as I offered.

The  'abuse' .. it was arguement until he pointed at me and sad "You owe me an apology" which is when I went a little more abusive towards him.

Someone shouted "Here or FA Cup games again", he turned round and I agreed and said "Well its true" .. He then said he'd been 3 games this season to which I said "Well done" .. He then asked for the apology (by pointing at me) to which I do not agree with... All 3 games he got into for free so that says it all.

Don;t like the bloke and never will. Simple as... and at least now he knows that. I believe he complained to an official at the club and the response was "Well its true" ... Enough said.

The arguement is not about only coming the odd game but about lording it around and looking at people like thre not fit to be in the same room as him. He's a t*sser simple as. He's no better than any other 'free loader' that comes into this football club.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 STATTO