News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Following the Alty

Author Topic: Following the Alty  (Read 3357 times)

Longman

Following the Alty
« on: November 11, 2007, 07:44:33 PM »

Eh up guys, just wanted to say that I have been going to Moss Lane on the odd occasion since I was about 12, I have only probably been to about 20 games I reckon, however I went yesterday and obviously really enjoyed it.  I have become disillusioned with football at the highest level, mainly due to the way you feel like you are sat in a cinema when you're at a game, I love the honesty of watching Alty, it's great to be able to stand on the terraces and shout what you want without some telling you to sit down etc.  The banter on the terrace behind the goal in the Golf Road end is top notch, it's a completely different experience than going to a Premier league game.  Anyway I just wanted to ask you diehard Robins what it's like following Alty, how many do we take away etc?  I am definately going to start watching Alty more frequently, on a last note I thought the players were fantastic yesterday, apart from Little who was very quiet, also Senior looks like a good player, looks useful.

Cheers lads.

Jenga

Re: Following the Alty
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 08:10:21 PM »

Following Alty is like being put in HELL and the central heating being turned up to full.

I used to watch Alty when I was five or six, so thirty years ago, well a couple more than that. I then got into the big time and followed United. Had a season ticker for years in the Stretford End. But I still watched Alty now and then. I got disolusioned with the big time, the cost, the prawn sandwich brigade and came back to Alty three years ago. since then I have missed 4 league home games (not bad in three years)

Usually home games we get anywhere between 850 and 1500 depending on who we are playing.

Away also depends but more often than not 75-125. Maybe someone can correct me on this if I am wrong as I dont go to many away games due to cost and having to looking after my daughter whilst my wife works.

It is good fun, wre have a laugh, no trouble and we sing, probably more singing away than at home maybe.

It is a rollercoaster ride mate but you will love it  ;D

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:13:02 PM by Jenga »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 08:11:30 PM »

We have a decent away following considering how are home gates arent massive.Should alty been drawn to play away on the moon, then there is a hardcore 90/100 that would be there, obviously the nearer the away game, the more go.You want to give it a go, obviously every week isnt like yesterday,but we do have some decent home games, with decent atmospheres,just need to start winning some games now!.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 09:50:36 PM »

One of my mates is possibly moving in with her girlfriend in the northern querter of the city. She says her girlfriend has got her watching footbal - United!!!! (I ask you!)

I have set a challenge to her to get her g/f to go with her to watch Alty. The welcome is always friendly & it is addictive.

I have the added bonus: as well as the food in the ground there is the Canadian Charcol Pit.

flaggerN

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 09:54:53 PM »

We have a decent away following considering how are home gates arent massive.Should alty been drawn to play away on the moon, then there is a hardcore 90/100 that would be there, obviously the nearer the away game, the more go.You want to give it a go, obviously every week isnt like yesterday,but we do have some decent home games, with decent atmospheres,just need to start winning some games now!.
Would you still get a decent atmosphere on the moon ?

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 09:57:12 PM »

One of my mates is possibly moving in with her girlfriend in the northern querter of the city. She says her girlfriend has got her watching footbal - United!!!! (I ask you!)

I have set a challenge to her to get her g/f to go with her to watch Alty. The welcome is always friendly & it is addictive.

I have the added bonus: as well as the food in the ground there is the Canadian Charcol Pit.

Personally I can think of a better challenge  ;D

Alex

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 10:01:16 PM »

we have a great away folowing of nearly 100 (which does'nt sound a lot but considering that our average home attendance isn't that many, and the other factors : cost, distance, etc) away from home we tend to make more noise as we are tightly grouped together and majority of the away fans are singers off the golf road. as for what is it like to follow alty errrrrrrmmmmm it's like heroin (very addictive, bad for your health, has ocasional amazing highs (like when we scored yesterday - que mosh pit celebrations) and it has devastating lows). but you wouldn't cange any of it for the world.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 10:04:58 PM »

Personally I can think of a better challenge  ;D

I've already tried that one!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 11:14:35 PM »

I have set a challenge to her to get her g/f to go with her to watch Alty.

Christ, yes, get them both down to Muff Moss Lane  :)

Longman

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 11:52:47 AM »

Cheers for the responses lads, as I say I have been down to Alty on and off throughout the years but I feel like I want to start supporting the club on a regular basis now.  I'm looking forward to away days with the Alty faithfull and hopefully consolidating our postion as a conference club (I still call it that rather than the BSP).

Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 12:28:37 PM »

consider phoning the club see if they can do a deal on a season ticket?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 09:17:35 PM »

Two Ladies DIDILEY DEE DEE DEE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29SslXv_Ja8

Longman

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 09:27:33 PM »

Lez be friends.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Following the Alty