PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Millwall supporters
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Millwall supporters  (Read 8613 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Millwall supporters
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 06:22:45 PM »

Quote.....
I was with the match commander all afternoon and a 'serial' was deployed to TESCO at one point because they had contacted the Police due to a number of the (reportedly 200 in total) Millwall fans who had travelled without tickets causing concerns although actually doing nothing. The group in question was moved on.

it quite clearly says a number of the (reportedly 200 in total) !!! Now you say single figures... So how do you go from reportedly 200 in total to maybe 10 ? You also said they 'were moved on' and after the fact several people have said what a load of rubbish they would have kicked off after coming so far you say they were put on a train ?
I stand by the fact you are talking cow dung  :)

Blackpool Alty you clearly either cannot or do not wish to understand what I'm telling you, choosing instead to be 'amusing' at the expense of someone who gave up 2 days annual leave to work on the arrangements for the match TRYING to ensure that the game went off peacefully.

I'm not blowing my own trumpet saying that. Many of the Stewards and other VOLUNTEER staff also took time off work to help the Club plan for the match.

I'll try explaining again.

It was reported that up to 200 Millwall Fans had left London without Tickets.

The greater proportion were stopped at Piccadilly Station and put on trains back to London but a small number were not.

A number of people believed to be Millwall fans but, given the hype surrounding the match and generated by panic spreaders, probably local scrotes were reported to be causing concern in the vicinity of TESCO. Obviously they weren't. This number was probably in single figures.

Such was the level of sensitivity yesterday some Police were sent to TESCO. 

I hope that this explains things in a way you understand

baldrick

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 08:24:53 PM »

This sounds like the police desparately trying to justify their over the top behaviour. Millwall supporters had two home games and nearly two weeks to buy tickets. They only sold to season ticket holders and members but this was a very low risk game and anyone who wanted a ticket would have been able to get one through friends/forums/pubs etc. If an extra 200 ticketless fans had got on a train at Euston the Metropolitan police would not have let it leave the station. Even if they had somehow managed to travel to Manchester intending to cause trouble they would not have simply got back on a train and returned to London just because someone in a uniform told them to. There would have been a riot. Manchester police got it completely wrong. The only problems were caused by the police as i said before.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 09:58:09 PM »

C'mon peeps, get a grip.

Alty Tunnel Steward, the other stewards and the other volunteers helped the club make an excellent impression to all who saw the game & the coverage either live, on radio or on TV.

ATS, the police and Tesco would have worked with the intelligence they got. Misguided or not (& I do suspect Tesco were a little OTT, but the people at Alty were as professional as ever) there ended up being no problems.

So lets not quibble about how many Millwall fans might or might not have been asked to leave Tesco, and lets be grateful a good time was had by all.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 10:42:29 PM »

yep... there we go again !
since when did i criticise yourself or any of the other stewards for the excellent job they did ? (i was responding to your report of the group of alledged hooligans at tesco !)
i merely questioned your first post, which is and was, crap !!!

if you had reported your last post first you wouldnt have had a questionable response, you decided to post the comment in the first place, i merely questioned the fact i , and others, thought your post was utter garbage.
It really is about time you got off your high horse and got rid of that chip on your shoulder !

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 11:52:21 PM »

since when did i criticise yourself or any of the other stewards for the excellent job they did ? (i was responding to your report of the group of alledged hooligans at tesco !)

if you had reported your last post first you wouldnt have had a questionable response, you decided to post the comment in the first place, i merely questioned the fact i , and others, thought your post was utter garbage.
It really is about time you got off your high horse and got rid of that chip on your shoulder !

Not going to indulge you and your vendetta any further BA.

Suffice to say I've emailed my original post to a good number of my work colleagues all but 2 of whom have rung me say that THEY understood

Never mind. it's all over now so let's move on united in the support of Alty??

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 09:16:31 AM »

Not going to indulge you and your vendetta any further BA.

Suffice to say I've emailed my original post to a good number of my work colleagues all but 2 of whom have rung me say that THEY understood

Never mind. it's all over now so let's move on united in the support of Alty??

ATS,
I don't carry personal vendetta's its not in my biology. I responded to your post, thats post and not you as a person. You could have been Uncle John from Jamaica and I still would have replied and said what I did, never did i bring up the job as volunteers yourself or any of the other stewards do or criticise that, so why that was brought about heaven knows ? My comment about having a chip on your shoulder is my own view regarding the response to my comments you made, doesn't mean I have a 'vendetta' against you, as i originally said i responded to a 'post' and not a person in saying it was rubbish. It's now apparant it was ! If someone said I drove a crap car or had a crap job i wouldn't think they had a 'vendetta' against me, hence i would presume the same applies to a 'post' on the forum ?
onwards and upwards with Alty now.

BrianVino

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 09:50:16 AM »

Baldrick how did you form your opinion on City hooligans?
I am a city fan first and foremost and have also been attending Alty games since 1983 including Runcorn at Wembley it annoys me that certain members of this forum appear anti city!
I think the city fans who attended on saturday should be thanked for supporting Alty.

markecky

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 09:54:46 AM »

There were a lot of City fans there on Saturday that came to support Alty.  There was a lot of United fans there on Saturday that came to support Alty.

There was a group of both City and United fans there on Saturday who had no interest in Alty whatsoever. And they would tell you as much.

BrianVino

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 09:58:43 AM »

All clubs have there idiot fans, do you agree?
I also overheard some so called Alty fans slagging of city fans in the ground as usual generalising all blues as the same.
I know lots of blues who have a soft spot for Alty but the anti city tone of a few on this forum leaves a bad taste!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 10:14:28 AM »

Brian I agree to a certain extent I also heard some anti City stuff and people trying to shout other's down, it was quite embarrassing and came across as terrace snobbery. There are loads of City/Alty fans in the area and bar the mob that was solely intent on trouble in the fist half then left in the second they were well behaved and should be welcomed to Moss Lane. Did anyone else think the crowd was more than 2400?

teasybeaver

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 10:15:22 AM »

Personally i dont mind city or united, its great to have as good a football heritage as we have in the north-west.

However, dont be suprised if we are anti-city/united. We are a different club, not some poor relation, Some people support Altrincham 1st and foremost and no other club. These people are likely to be anti-anyone who isn't alty. We have loads of united fans who support alty and united, they will be anti-city. We also have loads of city/alty supporters, no prizes for guessing they are anti-united.

Its not rocket science.

BrianVino

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 10:27:46 AM »

Fair play Altrincham a bit of realism their as certain individuals made their anti city feelings far to well known.
Obviously the genuine Alty fans support their club first and foremost but when I am at Alty which is fairly regular I make no mention of being a city fan as I am there to support Alty and thats the end of it!
I don't need to use the cup game as an excuse to slag of the prawn sandwich munching rags!
There were many examples last week on here of so called Alty fans having a pop at City! at the end of the day Alty were excellent imo on saturday and if it wasn't for the dodgy ref and linesman who gave everything to Millwall, I reckon we would have won.

teasybeaver

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 10:32:54 AM »

Fair play Altrincham a bit of realism their as certain individuals made their anti city feelings far to well known.
Obviously the genuine Alty fans support their club first and foremost but when I am at Alty which is fairly regular I make no mention of being a city fan as I am there to support Alty and thats the end of it!
I don't need to use the cup game as an excuse to slag of the prawn sandwich munching rags!
There were many examples last week on here of so called Alty fans having a pop at City! at the end of the day Alty were excellent imo on saturday and if it wasn't for the dodgy ref and linesman who gave everything to Millwall, I reckon we would have won.

Fair play, I see where you're coming from, but remember a lot of Millwall fans came on here slating city last week. If it was all united slating you probably wouldnt notice. I think things were just different last week. We really need the city/united fans through the gates every week but we do have a habit of getting a bit self-righteous and then alienating the part-time supporters we need so badly.

Bizarre!

BrianVino

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 10:35:13 AM »

Agreed Alty do need the part timers!
But Alty have and will always be my second team and I see a lot of parallels between the clubs i.e. we both get no decisions of the refs either home or away and we both have loyal supporters.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 10:36:27 AM »

True after watching match of the day we were really unlucky, the handball was clearly not intentional, good battling performance though that proberbly deserved a draw.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Millwall supporters