PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I hope our players watched that
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I hope our players watched that  (Read 5822 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:08:17 PM »

That's how you win a derby match against the odds, let's hope for similar levels next Tuesday after a 17 year wait

GB Alty

Re: I hope our players watched that
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:18:17 PM »

Maybe.....but the omens arent good..Macc a good team

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 10:50:08 PM »

couldn't agree more Jamie , until we sort the defence out we are screwed .Macc looking good so it shows what you can do with application and little money personally i would (as romeo has stated) play 3 at the back with marshall as sweeper 2 wing backs  and a  man up front with a shotgun because we are going to need it 
FFS

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 10:54:53 PM »

I think they have more money tha what they're letting on hash even so I'm worried

catherinestreet

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 11:38:17 PM »

I think they have more money tha what they're letting on hash even so I'm worried

The club was on its arse in summer, nearly went bump. We have not got a pot to piss in. Our budget for the year is around £250,000.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 12:00:19 AM »

I see there are 3 separate threads on Macc's weird little forum about next Tuesday already. To be fair to them, they've realised at least despite all those years in the league no-one really ever gave two sh1ts about them. Good to see some genuine excitement for their proper derby.

catherinestreet

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 08:26:13 AM »

I see there are 3 separate threads on Macc's weird little forum about next Tuesday already. To be fair to them, they've realised at least despite all those years in the league no-one really ever gave two sh1ts about them. Good to see some genuine excitement for their proper derby.

Some might say that you can judge a club's success by comparing it to its traditional rivals. Macc and Alty both come out well when compared to the clubs that used to be in the Conference with us - Vics, Witton, Stalybridge and Runcorn have all fared much worse.

But of course you are our traditional rivals more than any of those, and certainly amongst our support there is a great deal of anticipation about next Tuesday. Especially since we've been in the league you have usually been below the Conference, so there was a while when many thought they may never see this derby back again.

I'm looking forward to it.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »

Thought this game might have been on the TV.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 04:00:34 PM »

Thought this game might have been on the TV.

I reckon the TV companies haven't a Scooby where Alty is.

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 05:13:22 PM »

The club was on its arse in summer, nearly went bump. We have not got a pot to piss in. Our budget for the year is around £250,000.
That's unusual a football team who tells the world their budget

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 08:55:53 PM »

With all due respect, that's complete and utter bollocks. You know it and I know it. Pure smoke and mirrors, we've had this of you for years and not once has it ever added up *still full time I note). I don't blame you, it's a good ploy as by and large people are ignorant when it comes to this sort of stuff.

But please, it's embarrassing if you try it on here cs.

catherinestreet

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 05:44:30 PM »

Fair enough, you believe what you want to.

I may be way off, but I'm going off info that has been reported in the press, from fans forums that I've attended and from the fact that a number of players have played for nowt or close to it for Macc recently.

I suspect the reaction would be different had we not had the good (and slightly fortunate) start to the season we have had. I don't expect us to be sixth come May due to our thin and imexperienced squad.

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 06:01:08 PM »

I think what makes me less convinced when I look at your line up at a guess Paul turnbell alone will be on about 800 a week

catherinestreet

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »

I would personally be amazed if anyone at Macc is on that kind of money.

As you say yourself, that is purely a guess. Turnbull was released by Northampton after being out on loan and only making relatively few starts during the season before he joined us.

Hardly the scenario where he could command that sort of cash at a Conference club such as Macc.

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 06:33:07 PM »

I'd be amazed if he was on much less a quality player also the likes of pilkington and waterfall won't be playing for peanuts I will leave it at that I don't believe the statement simple as that
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team