PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Don't do it Lee....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Don't do it Lee....  (Read 5101 times)

markecky

Don't do it Lee....
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:17:49 AM »

Please don't put the decent hard working volunteers that saved our club from a financial abyss and have made such strides off the pitch with the community stuff and providing you a competitive budget in a situation they won't relish,  please don't put them in a position where they have to sack you.  

Please do not put the fans of this club into a position where we have to show dissent to make our point that we cannot have another season of this.

Whether its now, Saturday, Tuesday or the end of the season, look them in the eye, tell them you gave your best, shake hands and call it a day there.

My stance remains the same from Saturday, playoffs or a fresh start.  After Saturday the playoffs were very tough, after tonight it will take a miracle and I'm afraid this squad under your guidance are not going to produce that miracle.

You make the changes that a lot of supporters said they would like to see and then you spike it by dropping Duncan Watmore?   If he was injured or asked to be rested  (nothing to suggest or say he was) then the next bit is immaterial but I really really hope you didn't drop him just because you can.

What must Gloucester have thought when the leagues best player is on the bench?  Must have given them a real boost, not that they took it as they were a poor side.

A neutral would say that we deserved to win tonight and we did.  The chance off the line, the missed pen, 3-4 chances missing the post by inches, two or three slide balls across the box that people just missed out on finishing.  

There was no lack of commitment by the players either, Leather was superb, Mills worked his tripe off and could have had a hat trick, Nicky worked tirelessly going backwards and forwards.

However Gloucester were a poor side.

And yet you hampered the whole affair by not only dropping Duncan but not bringing him on against a team low of quality before the last 5 minutes?  He would have been better than 5 of their players put together.  I felt like you were sticking two fingers up to the fans and being downright f**king awkward.

Although it probably won't happen, Duncan could leave us in the summer and I'd quite like to enjoy one of the most exciting talents since Paul Showler, especially when I have given up a day to go to Cheltenham.  It was a criminal offence to leave it that long before bringing him on.

And what worries me more is the feeling I currently have that I don't want to stumble past Oxford and maybe beat Droyslden and start another false "will we, won't we" routine.  

There is every chance we could get a good hiding off Halifax, Chester or Guiseley the way this teams confidence is.

I wanted to be sure that you had been given every chance to do this. I feel the chances are too slim now. We came and we supported and you let us down.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:43:47 AM by markecky »

taxi Phil

Re: Don't do it Lee....
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 07:17:28 AM »

Thanks for a remarkably honest post Ecky. Last night I missed only my third match of the season, and, like Histon, it was a good choice.

Right up to yesterday, I was 100% behind Lee Sinnott, but even I have now lost faith.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 08:08:56 AM »

Doubt he will have much if any backing left if we don't get six points from the next two games , should say why watmore didn't start

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 09:42:41 AM »

Great post Ecky!

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:12:11 AM »

Well put Ecky.I agree with all you say.Don.t think Mr Sinnott will be shaking many hands at the end of the season.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 10:12:33 AM »

One of my concerns about the current manager is the fact he lives on the opposite side of the country - Does anyone know if for away games, he actually comes over to Alty to Join the coach with the rest of the team or does he and the Yorkshire contingent of players meet up with the coach at some point on the journey. (Obviousy except for Harrogate, Halifax, Guisely etc) matches.

Having been in the forces I am a great believer in team spirit but I get concerned the maybe we have a team coach going to away matches with half a team onboard and the other half frantically bombing around the motorways of the UK trying to find a fkn Sleezy Motorway service area to park up and jump on board

JDN

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 10:25:15 AM »

He dosen't travel with the team to away games

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 10:43:31 AM »

It's very awkward when the manager lives on the other side of the country....it must be costing the club a fortune in expenses for him, fuel is not cheap these days, it's probably best part of £40 round trip times that by (25 home games appx), training nights (say 2 a week for 40 weeks = 80 times, plus the 25 home games & we are looking at over 100 round trips costing appx £40 a time, that's £4000 in just fuel costs.

Even the bucket collections don't cover that.

Then there will be Hotel costs, food etc etc.

Maybe we have to look more locally which will be more cost effective & we get a manager who will be able to spend more time around the club instead of spending 4 hours per trip on the motorway.

We maybe able to offer more money for a decent local manager just buy the savings that will be made from my above comments.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:49:17 AM by rigsby »

JDN

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 10:49:51 AM »

Hallelujah

But why was he appointed in the first place if it so costly?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 10:51:38 AM »

There's a manager who lives on our dooirstep ( not gh ) currently out of a job

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 11:09:17 AM »

Hallelujah

But why was he appointed in the first place if it so costly?

No idea really.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »

Rigsby, I have it on very good authority that the wage budget for the job was set for all applicants.  It was up to Lee to sort his expenses and deal with the distance. . He doesnt stay in hotels as there is no need.  This argument isn't about money.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »

Rigsby, I have it on very good authority that the wage budget for the job was set for all applicants.  It was up to Lee to sort his expenses and deal with the distance. . He doesnt stay in hotels as there is no need.  This argument isn't about money.

That's fair enough then.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »

I asked that question of someone (cant remember who) as I was concerned about that at the start as money to him would be money off the wage budget and got the answer by the way, as I am sure others would of.

JDN

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 11:34:45 AM »

I am not sure it the right path to go down quoting things we hear on good authority

I hear a lot on good authority or even from the horses mouth,  it helps form my opinion but I could never repeat it on here
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Don't do it Lee....