Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 In the clamour to denounce most things...

Author Topic: In the clamour to denounce most things...  (Read 3279 times)

markecky

« on: March 26, 2012, 10:54:33 PM »

things like this get overlooked on here.  A great step forward for the club and a tribute to the people who give their time to help with such stuff.

Whilst the results of the first team are of course the most important thing and rightly get the most discussion, stuff like this is the foundation of the future of the club.

Altrincham Football Club Community Sports Limited

Altrincham Football Club is pleased to announce the setting up of Altrincham Football Club Community Sports Limited, a separate company which will act as the focal point for the Club’s Community activities.

Altrincham Football Club, the Football Conference, and the other main Football governing bodies see football as a great force for good within the local communities, with clubs such as Altrincham having the reputation, resources, and facilities to provide huge benefits locally. The additional involvement with the Community also enhances the reputation of the club, as well as resulting in increased support and revenues.

The new Community Sports organisation will be the umbrella organisation that will manage the Club's community activities in the future. The forming of Altrincham Football Club Community Sports Limited will help in obtaining funding for, and managing of, these activities. The Directors of the new Company will include Neil Faulkner, Karen Rowley, Carole Nash, Fred Nash, and Peter Foster.

The day to day management and operation of the community activities will be via the Club’s recently appointed Community Officer, Chris Bullock.

Altrincham Football Club is already active with community-based activities within the local area, particularly in Junior football where the Junior section currently runs 37 teams, as well as a Saturday Morning Club. The club provides coaching in several local schools, runs Fun Weeks during the school holidays and, this season, started an Open Age Ladies' team.

During the current season the Football Club has given out over two thousand free or reduced price tickets for home games to young children and their parents.

At present, the Club are looking to start new health and education projects with mature adults, as well as educational projects with young adults. However, anyone with ideas regarding new community projects that may benefit from resources or facilities available from Altrincham Football Club should e-mail Chris Bullock or contact him by phone on 0161 928 1045.

Hamilton

Re: In the clamour to denounce most things...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:59:52 PM »

This club of ours impresses me more and more.

Bath Alty

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 11:02:47 PM »

I too am glad that we are  so much more than just a first team on a match day.

Just out of interest is this an entirely separate company or a subsidiary of the football club?  If it's separate then it is presumably targeted at being run without making either profit or loss.  I don't know if these activities are currently subsidised by the club or raise funds for the club, so it may not make any difference anyway.  Not judging this either way, just interested as to why we might want to split these activities out of the club rather than running them as part of the main legal entity.  A separate company must increase running costs so there must be some benefit to doing so.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 11:23:33 PM »

I think its a seperate company to gain eligibility to apply for various grants.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »

Wouldnt it be amazing to get 37 junior teams worth of players down to a Sat game all in their kits !

markecky

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 11:31:42 PM »

I think its a seperate company to gain eligibility to apply for various grants.

Thats what I thought or it may be a better way of doing it for tax avoidance (not to be confused with tax evasion)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 12:18:49 AM »

Read in conjunction with http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/03/25/revealed-the-39-6m-in-unpaid-football-taxes-and-thats-only-part-of-it-250301/ as revealed by JL.

This, being Glasgow born and witnessing the usual nonsense on Sunday, underlines why I'm always proud to be an Alty fan.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 06:26:37 AM »

I think stuff like this is fantastic. As ecky says, part of the club's foundations. It wasn't too long ago we had a first team, a tiny bar, a list of match sponsors in the programme with lots of gaps in it. And that was it.

Not everything is rosy here but we've made an awful lot of progress off the pitch, so fair play to those who have given their time and effort.

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 07:16:44 AM »

I think stuff like this is fantastic. As ecky says, part of the club's foundations. It wasn't too long ago we had a first team, a tiny bar, a list of match sponsors in the programme with lots of gaps in it. And that was it.

Not everything is rosy here but we've made an awful lot of progress off the pitch, so fair play to those who have given their time and effort.
This.

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 07:28:59 AM »

superb stuff.....full support to all involved.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »

Brilliant and exciting news this!

Just goes to show how much hard work goes on that we don't necessarily know about. Firm foundations are being built for the future and we should not underestimate the importance of that. All the kids teams and community activities are going to help bring through a new generation of fans (hopefully growing our fanbase in the process). With any luck we'll bring a few "homegrown" players through the ranks as well!
Come on Alty!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 06:47:20 PM »

I cannot for one understand why it is called Altrincham community sports limited, it sounds too much like macc community sports limited.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 12:20:25 AM »

Full credit to everyone involved with setting this up. As someone who tries to involve the club in most community projects I am involved with I can profess that they are always willing to be involved where they can. I have worked within Football in the Community projects also and they are invaluable in forming a basis for a club. I would like to offer any support I can to help make this project a success.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team