PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Accrington Stanley

Poll

If they came to Moss Lane would you put money in the bucket?

With pleasure
- 1 (2.5%)
When Hell freezes over
- 39 (97.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Accrington Stanley  (Read 5966 times)

Dougals Dad

Accrington Stanley
« on: September 23, 2009, 11:13:52 PM »

Quote from BBC website re Accrington Stanley: Accrington have rescheduled this weekend's home game against Crewe so that it takes place on Friday night. They hope more neutrals will turn up, while the club's bucket collectors will be able to take the opportunity to visit other clubs on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/09/accrington_determined_to_save.html#142287

gunners11

Re: Accrington Stanley
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 11:37:42 PM »

accrington stanley football club is crap

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 12:24:45 AM »

If they bring a bucket round it'll save me having to trek to the toilets for a piss!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:42:59 AM »

Your best ever post by a country mile!  :)
Come on Alty!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »

Finally a post of yours that actually fits in the correct thread!

Well done!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 10:29:51 AM »

I'm bound to say that Accrington doesn't somehow evoke the passionate response that Macc or Vics does in me.
I certainly don't like them and their fans seem to deserve a club like that in the main with some of their actions etc.,

I prefer to just let them slide into oblivion (or not) without taking much notice.
Then again some 18th Century novelist did say that the true opposite of love (i.e. for Alty in this case) is not hate but disinterest and disdain.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 10:48:30 AM »

I agree accrington stanley is a horrible and crap club so well done gunners for an excellent eloquent post.

I think the difference between a rival (vics/MTFC) and a club you hate (accy/FGR) is you a healthy respect and perhaps even jealousy of your rivals and a mere disdain of the disliked clubs where you don't actually care about what happens to them.

I don't want vics or macc to slide into oblivion like maybe Runcorn (another rival) but i couldn't give a monkeys about clubs like accy or FGR and i certainly have no envy for them whatsoever....like when accy went into the football league i just thought it was a joke but when macc went up it really cut deep.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 11:28:54 AM »

There are clubs who are rivals: Macc, Vics, Runcorn and there are clubs who I hate: Boston (for the trophy semi final cheating and violence), Accrington (jumped up arrogant T**ts trading off a history that is not even theirs), FGR (AGM Cup sponsors).

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 12:09:18 PM »

100% for when hell freezes over vote!!!

see hyde post and compare.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 02:21:26 PM »

If they bring a bucket round it'll save me having to trek to the toilets for a piss!

It would also avoid the awful stench of our sodden piss riddled walls  :o
ParkINson's red and white army

gunners11

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »

has anyone been to accrington it is crap all there is . is pound shops chairty shops and game and gamestation. no music shops or next because it is a dump even the local tramps are clean i was in accrington today and it stinks of booze piss and they are you lot will laugh at this there is only 4 coppers in the town . the place is dirty  i am from manchester the home of the best club and that my freinds is ALTRINCHAM .F.C. so suck on your balls accrington and do us a favour go down. you worthless piece of scum thanks gunners11. sorry if it offended anyone

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 06:00:35 PM »

has anyone been to accrington it is crap all there is . is pound shops chairty shops and game and gamestation. no music shops or next because it is a dump even the local tramps are clean i was in accrington today and it stinks of booze piss and they are you lot will laugh at this there is only 4 coppers in the town . the place is dirty  i am from manchester the home of the best club and that my freinds is ALTRINCHAM .F.C. so suck on your balls accrington and do us a favour go down. you worthless piece of scum thanks gunners11. sorry if it offended anyone

sh*tty day at work, hungover, just got home and laughed myself silly at that
brilliant gunners11, keep it up

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 06:01:25 PM »

It might possibly give ever such the slightest amount of offence to people from Accrington - I may be wrong though, they might not notice!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 07:14:24 PM »

A very funny post if somewhat inacurate- unfortunatley the town centre has more to offer than ours- free all day parking attached to an undercover centre leading onto a high street with more to offer than Altys- sad but true
ParkINson's red and white army

gunners11

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 10:15:01 PM »

in accrington i have seen more fixed penalty notice  then altrincham  at least  altrincham can park for free .accrington there is one car park it is dim wet and dark a bit like the whores of accrington.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Accrington Stanley