PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wembley stadium
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wembley stadium  (Read 6596 times)

baldrick

Wembley stadium
« on: May 25, 2009, 10:15:02 AM »

Impressive looking from the outside but it was like an oven. The £30 seats had a better view than the £60 corners. It took over an hour to get to the underground station and the prices were just blatant profiteering. It will be good to go back there one day but it would have been cheaper, quicker and better to make an exact replica of the Millennium stadium.

Dougals Dad

Re: Wembley stadium
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 11:33:52 AM »

I've always thought Wembley a poor location for Wembley stadium  :o the national stadium. Northern fans have a raw deal with its location and somewhere nearer the main motorway and rail networks in the midlands would have been better.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 11:43:54 AM »

wembley is a rip off

the old one looked better

baldrick

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »

I've always thought Wembley a poor location for Wembley stadium  :o the national stadium. Northern fans have a raw deal with its location and somewhere nearer the main motorway and rail networks in the midlands would have been better.

If i was answering these points on behalf of Wembley i would say the national stadium should be in the capital city and the long journey to attend matches is all part of the big day out and helps to contribute to the special occasion.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 12:39:14 PM »

Wembley has to be London ! I agree the traveling is part of the day, remember trophy finals and spurs x 2  ;D a great sight even on the Motorways.

samba

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 12:45:51 PM »

Personally I quite like Wembley, although it is a bit of an identikit stadium.  It's a ridiculous place to get out of though, it just gets so congested and the hold up to get the tube is ridiculous.  It's a massive joke, particularly when you compare it to the emirates, which I had no trouble getting out of, not a single queue.

Butty

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 01:04:02 PM »

However, in the case of United a few weeks ago, it isnt a good experience travelling all the way to London to watch your team lose, getting back home at a riduculous hour on a Sunday night and then having to work on Monday morning.

baldrick

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 01:46:06 PM »

However, in the case of United a few weeks ago, it isnt a good experience travelling all the way to London to watch your team lose, getting back home at a riduculous hour on a Sunday night and then having to work on Monday morning.

This is more to do with television than Wembley

Altyroo

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 02:21:09 PM »

Wembley should be for England Matches and Cup finals only. Not semi finals.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 02:27:35 PM »

Wembley should be for England Matches and Cup finals only. Not semi finals.

Fact

samba

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 02:33:06 PM »

They have to pay for the over-budget late delivery uber-stadium somehow ;)

baldrick

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 03:06:28 PM »

They have to pay for the over-budget late delivery uber-stadium somehow ;)
£5 a programme
£4 a pint of pisswater lager in a plastic glass
£3 a pie

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »

Well I wish some of you England boys would ring Talksport/Radio 5 and tell them it's a bag o sh*te.

I was listening to the radio today during the build up to the Burnley match and to lisaten to the guy you would have thought the FA had re-built the haninging gardens of Babylon.

He was going on about how proud England should be that they had 50K there on Saturday and Sunday and now a full house, he even mused that foreigners could be looking on with envy!

What fookin paff.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 11:08:45 PM »

For me Wembley ceased to be the true Wembley when they knocked down the twin towers. If Alty got to Wembley. I wouldn't go. I would rather the F.A. Trophy Final was at Villa Park. My personal opinion is that they should have kept the old Wembley and built the new national stadium in the Midlands. That would have been more logical. But the F.A. don't do logical do they?
They really should be beating teams like us

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 08:02:23 AM »

If Alty got to Wembley. I wouldn't go. I would rather the F.A. Trophy Final was at Villa Park. My personal opinion is that they should have kept the old Wembley and built the new national stadium in the Midlands. That would have been more logical. But the F.A. don't do logical do they?

Are you serious?

The old Wembley was a decaying, crumbling and antiquated mess. It has been replaced by a modern facility which is far better suited to staging world class events, sporting or otherwise. The only problem they failed to address when rebuilding Wembley was the issue of transport to and from the stadium. You can easily wait up to 2 hours to get to Wembley Park tube station after a big event and car parking isn't an option.

If you would boycott an Alty appearance at Wembley that is the oddest thing I've read on this forum for some time.
Come on Alty!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wembley stadium