News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Fan Sums up the Mentality in This League

Author Topic: Wrexham Fan Sums up the Mentality in This League  (Read 2240 times)

JonnyKeen

« on: April 16, 2010, 04:04:31 PM »

"f Mr Roberts thinks Deano is the man then he should back him. Back him properly. Pay the money required to get Constable or whoever. A couple of full backs who know how to defend would be good. As well as a new midfield."

He CANNOT be serious ???

They're having a budget cut and he wants Constable, as well as additional players?

ruthinred

Re: Wrexham Fan Sums up the Mentality in This League
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:59:45 PM »

can you stop trying to stoke up a rivalry please folks

were not interested

cheers and good luck

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 06:36:58 PM »

Rivalry between Alty and Wrexham.....I highly doubt it. Just pointing out facts that some clubs fans in this league live in cloud Cuckoo land.

Back to the point though, this fan is clearly deluded if they think Constable would go to Wrexham. Next season he will either be a League 2 player or a Conference player that will be challenging right at the top with Oxford.

'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »

He should come to Alty then!!

JonnyKeen

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 08:16:36 PM »

I'm not trying to stoke up a rivalry...I don't mind Wrexham at all, quite enjoyed my trip to the Racecourse and hope to enjoy it just as much next year.

But, as Nasha says I'm just pointing out how ridiculous the views of some fans in this league are, and these views are mirrored by many managers and board members.

And I've just looked at your old posts you hypocritical fool.

" think your a negative,  boring side to watch and play against, and have been lucky in both your victories against us"

Don't worry you'll be able to walk all over us once you sign Brodie, Constable, Creighton, Roberts ect...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:36:32 PM by AltyEgo »

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 08:55:52 PM »

This is all about expectations.  The person who wrote those comments has expectations way out of kilter with reality, which in itself is harmless.  The problem arises when a board / manager do not bring those realities home to the fans.  These are the very roots of why some clubs do not build an honest relationship with their own fans.  We've been there at Alty, but Mr Goodwin came along & gave the club a sharp does of painful reality.  Rectums board clearly do not have the confidence to do that. Until they do then we should expect to see more posts like this.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 09:17:20 PM »

can you stop trying to stoke up a rivalry please folks

were not interested

cheers and good luck

hahaha.....don't think any Alty fan sees Wrexham fans as serious rivals.....we do however find your manager hilarious.

cheers and good luck for the many seasons we hope to be playing you....and we hope to be playing you because you are nice big club for us to occasionally get one over and have a nice big fanbase of mostly affable people....nice day out..

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 09:21:27 PM »

I think Wrexham fans need a reality check.
At present Wrexham are a mid table Conference club and nothing over the past two seasons suggests they will remain othewise.
Oxford fans have the same problem, they also expected to automatically return to the FL at the first attempt.
It would be fairer though if 3 teams from the conference got automatic promtion per season plus a play-off winner- Yip 4 up 4 down like between League 1 and 2.
Another thought is that maybe Wrexham should play in the Welsh League.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 09:39:14 PM »

I think Wrexham fans need a reality check.
At present Wrexham are a mid table Conference club and nothing over the past two seasons suggests they will remain othewise.
Oxford fans have the same problem, they also expected to automatically return to the FL at the first attempt.
It would be fairer though if 3 teams from the conference got automatic promtion per season plus a play-off winner- Yip 4 up 4 down like between League 1 and 2.
Another thought is that maybe Wrexham should play in the Welsh League.

That will never happen in the lifetime of fans getting in for free vs Cambridge (i.e. ever)

This is because, this league (And the FL above us) have demonstrated over the years that fairness is a concept that is totally alien to them. It's all about money and protecting your own interests over integrity. You only have to look back to the fiasco of the Chester points protest to see that - and innumerable other things over recent years.

And don't get me thinking about the late 70's and the re-election fiascos.
Having said that, there's another reason to pull out all the stops tomorrow!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team