PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Name Drop Corner
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Name Drop Corner  (Read 5427 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Name Drop Corner
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 01:30:32 PM »

I went to school with your mate's cousin then (ie Noel's son). Sorry to say I can't remember his first name (we called hime Chalky - imaginitive lot we were!) but I do remember he had the hardest shot in the school.

My mate was Nigel Tomlinson,Lived in Byron Street
Harold

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 01:40:36 PM »

I went to school with your mate's cousin then (ie Noel's son). Sorry to say I can't remember his first name (we called hime Chalky - imaginitive lot we were!) but I do remember he had the hardest shot in the school.

My mate was Nigel Tomlinson,Lived in Byron Street

I was in the same class as Nigel at Bradbury Grammar !!  He used to be known as Gazza back then.. He was an avid Alty fan but do not know of his whereabouts these days.

JonnyKeen

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 03:12:56 PM »

Robbie Savage was walking around the Manchester Christmas market about a month ago.

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 03:36:51 PM »

When i did my work experience I was on my lunch break so went ot the virgin megastors for a look round. Ended uo playing pro evolution soccer against Wes Brown. Seemed like a really nice lad. I can genuinely say I have scored 2 goals against Wes Brown. =D

And when i worked at sportsworld/sportsdirect I met Ian Brown (who i saw the day before at a gig in Manchester) and whose parents live just round the corner from me as well as Bonehead from oasis. Also served Sally Webster from Corrie (always forget her real name) and Roy Keane, Johnny Evans United Centre Back and Geovanni (Ex city - now hull). Among other prolific footballers were Warren Peyton, Darren Tinson, Stephen Rose and Chrissy Adams.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 03:44:30 PM »

When hotdesking at the sadly missed offices of FITC in Manchester a few years ago - Marcus Hallows came in to sell them some stationery!  It was after his accident and we had a really good chat.  I recommended his products to their boss but I don't know if they changed their suppliers, I tried for him though  ;D

TA

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 04:10:46 PM »

I've just seen an unshaven and scruffy looking Derek Hatton in Sainsbury's car park in Altrincham. 

You'd think he'd smarten himself up now he's living with the Cheshire set ?

Perhaps we can get him deported back to Costa Del Mersey ?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 06:20:06 PM »

When i did my work experience I was on my lunch break so went ot the virgin megastors for a look round. Ended uo playing pro evolution soccer against Wes Brown. Seemed like a really nice lad. I can genuinely say I have scored 2 goals against Wes Brown. =D
And when i worked at sportsworld/sportsdirect I met Ian Brown (who i saw the day before at a gig in Manchester) and whose parents live just round the corner from me as well as Bonehead from oasis. Also served Sally Webster from Corrie (always forget her real name) and Roy Keane, Johnny Evans United Centre Back and Geovanni (Ex city - now hull). Among other prolific footballers were Warren Peyton, Darren Tinson, Stephen Rose and Chrissy Adams.

So can most Premier League forwards!

robins1978

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 10:11:29 PM »

Frank Stapleton came into PFS when i wkd at Morrisons in Warrington to fill up his car.
Guess Frank Stapleton car (at the time) competition.............
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:13:19 PM by robins1978 »

jimmyhank

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »

I was on a flight from Gatwick to Manchester (albeit a couple of years ago) and sat next to (Dame) Kelly Holmes - what a thoroughly decent, sincere and humble person she is - top girl. Quite good at running evidently!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »

I pick up a fair number of footballers from numerous clubs in my taxi,never had an arsehole yet thankfully,all been fairly decent chaps that ive encountered.Also taken ricky hatton to his home and taken numerous tv and film people around.Im inside carrington on a regular basis aswell and often see taggart,whos house ive also dropped a parcel off at and i even have the odd chat with rodders thornley when in there on occasions

Dougals Dad

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 07:43:29 PM »

I've played cricket with Mike Atherton - he was in the same year as me at school - and met some of the Lancashire Cricket team when they played Minor Counties at Bowdon many many years ago

York Alty

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 08:52:02 PM »

Isaw the bloke who works at the local garden centre on his bike.  He's not famous but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 09:59:18 PM »

Met Micky Hayde in the Halifax Bank in Worcester 1998, top bloke who wanted to talk Alty, stopped me working for half an hour happy days  ;D

robins1978

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 02:15:34 AM »

Frank Stapleton came into PFS when i wkd at Morrisons in Warrington to fill up his car.
Guess Frank Stapleton car (at the time) competition.............
It was a ford fiesta - his sons
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Name Drop Corner