PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A big thank you.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A big thank you.  (Read 6071 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A big thank you.
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2021, 09:13:30 PM »

I had the great good fortune to be invited by Lawrence Looney to the team photo and su sequent hospitality put on for the volunteers. 

It was lovely to chat with the very impressive Conor Hampson, Lawrence, Parkie, Flynny and many more who do our club proud.

As someone who suffers social anxiety, as does my Jennifer, who was with me, I would like to thank Lawrence especially, and all involved for their warm, friendly, hospitality.

I want to add my thanks to the great volunteers at the J  Davidson.

Reminds me of the time years ago when I turned up at the ground one time when they happened to be doing the team picture. I think it was in the days of Gerry Berman, Bernard Taylor, Carmo etc. Anyway, I was invited to sit in on the practice photo where Berman (I think) later sat when they did it properly (and later sent a photo of the result). He was a top bloke, Bernard (I met his lively aunty in Lourdes once too - a part Italian family I think). One time for an away reserve match at Chorley, he invited me on the team coach. It was there that I discovered the trolley...
Tough times for the club, but there was a tremendous spirit and togetherness at the club in those days, I remember the pile on with players and fans after a goal at Lancaster. All great lads! Skipper, Ecky, the coach to Alfreton for Eat My Sports (great prediction, Wayne), the time we saw the chairman of the FA at Nunny, Canockmania... great times!
I love watching that video mate
ParkINson's red and white army

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2021, 11:21:57 PM »

Thanks for your message JD... fingers crossed all goes well...
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2021, 03:12:18 AM »

I had the great good fortune to be invited by Lawrence Looney to the team photo and su sequent hospitality put on for the volunteers. 

It was lovely to chat with the very impressive Conor Hampson, Lawrence, Parkie, Flynny and many more who do our club proud.

As someone who suffers social anxiety, as does my Jennifer, who was with me, I would like to thank Lawrence especially, and all involved for their warm, friendly, hospitality.

I want to add my thanks to the great volunteers at the J  Davidson.

Reminds me of the time years ago when I turned up at the ground one time when they happened to be doing the team picture. I think it was in the days of Gerry Berman, Bernard Taylor, Carmo etc. Anyway, I was invited to sit in on the practice photo where Berman (I think) later sat when they did it properly (and later sent a photo of the result). He was a top bloke, Bernard (I met his lively aunty in Lourdes once too - a part Italian family I think). One time for an away reserve match at Chorley, he invited me on the team coach. It was there that I discovered the trolley...
Tough times for the club, but there was a tremendous spirit and togetherness at the club in those days, I remember the pile on with players and fans after a goal at Lancaster. All great lads! Skipper, Ecky, the coach to Alfreton for Eat My Sports (great prediction, Wayne), the time we saw the chairman of the FA at Nunny, Canockmania... great times!
I love watching that video mate

I wonder why.    ;D

I would if I could find it - maybe Grahame Rowley will make me a dvd of it one day... it's right up there with THE Barnet match.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A big thank you.