News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ethan Walker

Author Topic: Ethan Walker  (Read 4267 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Ethan Walker
« on: January 14, 2020, 10:09:44 AM »

Not surprised PNE have recalled him. I overheard him at Curzon saying he was disappointed he wasn’t getting any game time. I’m not sure what the arrangement with PNE was but to recall him says to me they/Ethan weren’t happy. Although we’ve had a great few weeks and you wouldn’t want to change the team I really don’t see what the point in bringing him in was. I feel we are going to have our pants pulled down fatigue wise right at a critical point in the season when we’ve done ever so well to drag ourselves in to play off contention

Our recruitment of players is bizarre sometimes. Where’s Lewis Archer that was needing match fitness?! Then there’s the players on dual registration here there and everywhere that are clearly never going to get game time here.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ethan Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 11:30:37 AM »

His attitude wasn’t right for this level of football. Technically very good but he needed the attitude of Josh Ginnerley or Owen Dale to flourish at our level. One for the future though I’m sure at EFL level

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 11:31:15 AM »

Championship clubs don't loan players to clubs four levels lower so that they can sit on the bench. However, Ethan never quite did enough to get into our starting XI and wasn't used off the bench on Saturday when all three substitutions were employed. There's a decent enough player in there, and we'll doubtless hear more of him in due course,  He needs to work more on his effort off the ball, and particularly his failure to track back, which meant that our usual link between full back and winger didn't work when he was on the pitch.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 12:19:43 PM »

Just thinking - isn't Lewis Walters' loan at Trafford up on Friday ? That gives us another wing option.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 02:21:09 PM »

Our recruitment of players is bizarre sometimes. Where’s Lewis Archer that was needing match fitness?! Then there’s the players on dual registration here there and everywhere that are clearly never going to get game time here.

As a rule, if someone goes on dual registration it means they will never play for us. It's really weird.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 06:00:37 PM »

His attitude wasn’t right for this level of football. Technically very good but he needed the attitude of Josh Ginnerley or Owen Dale to flourish at our level. One for the future though I’m sure at EFL level

I see Ginnelly hasn't really had a look-in since his big move to Preston - has just been sent out to Bristol Rovers on loan. Had a great attitude for a young lad.

I still maintain that we'd have stayed up that season if we'd played him and Mottley-Henry on the wings and Rankine up top in a 451 and O'Keefe alongside Moult and Richman, rather than Lawrie and Reeves in a 4411 that teams used to steamroll straight through the middle of. Easy for us on the touchlines though I suppose.

I see Mottley-Henry doesn't get any game time at the moment, either - last out on loan at Harrogate this time last year. Apparently well-thought of as a lad too.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 06:02:04 PM »

Definitely a player in there, just not for us at this time.

Don't think any of the players we have on a dual registration are going to enhance either.

Without doubt need at least 1 in, preferably a proven midfielder
Full time and proud of it

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 06:15:22 PM »

No one seems to have mentioned Lewis Walters.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 06:38:39 PM »

No one seems to have mentioned Lewis Walters.
See the fourth post on this thread !

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 07:20:15 PM »

I see Ginnelly hasn't really had a look-in since his big move to Preston - has just been sent out to Bristol Rovers on loan. Had a great attitude for a young lad.

I still maintain that we'd have stayed up that season if we'd played him and Mottley-Henry on the wings and Rankine up top in a 451 and O'Keefe alongside Moult and Richman, rather than Lawrie and Reeves in a 4411 that teams used to steamroll straight through the middle of. Easy for us on the touchlines though I suppose.

I see Mottley-Henry doesn't get any game time at the moment, either - last out on loan at Harrogate this time last year. Apparently well-thought of as a lad too.

Duncan Watmore has manly been a sub for Sunderland recently

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 09:58:47 AM »

Tranmere fans loved him. He's proven himself above NLN level, therefore probably unlikely to be an option for us, even if we could afford his wages, which we probably couldn't.
He didn't really get a chance at Alty. The only game that I can remember him starting was the 5-0 defeat at Grimsby. Lee Sinnott seemed to make his mind up that day that he wasn't what we were looking for, which was in all likelihood a poor call.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 03:00:40 PM »

Tranmere fans loved him. He's proven himself above NLN level, therefore probably unlikely to be an option for us, even if we could afford his wages, which we probably couldn't.
He didn't really get a chance at Alty. The only game that I can remember him starting was the 5-0 defeat at Grimsby. Lee Sinnott seemed to make his mind up that day that he wasn't what we were looking for, which was in all likelihood a poor call.

Even if he wasn't completely ready I'd have played him out there just to give us an outlet as we often just cleared the ball and found it coming straight back at us - especially if Lawrie and Reeves were up top.  The obsession of playing Lawrie in his preferred No10 position, rather than sacrificing him to play him out wide as part of the system, was quite frustrating. We even had the option of Bowerman (shudder) to play out there at the time too (I think). We tended to play O'Keefe as an orthodox right midfielder in two banks of 4 awfully often, which obviously made him look hopeless when Chorley have since proved there was an OK player in there.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ethan Walker