PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty players could have done a better job
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alty players could have done a better job  (Read 3947 times)

Jezza

Re: Alty players could have done a better job
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 12:04:35 PM »

I would add that if a quota were introduced, the likes of Duncan Watmore would IMHO have been in the premiership this season and pushed for an England place...which brings it back to the original thread...

York Alty

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 12:22:10 PM »

Haven't seen much of the world cup, and only saw the last quarter of an hour of the England game last night.  The thing is that nobody is surprised at Englands inability to beat international teams, and rightly so.

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 12:55:23 PM »

I would add that if a quota were introduced, the likes of Duncan Watmore would IMHO have been in the premiership this season and pushed for an England place...which brings it back to the original thread...
What a load of bollocks as good as dunc is he didn't always get in hibs team

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 01:07:58 PM »

the weakest link in the England side has been Leighton Baines for me....and it saddens me to say it but we'd have done better with Ashley Cole.

we also took too many number 10s and no matter how much moving each one wide right/left it did not solve the problem of lack of cover for our attacking full backs.....I think we'd have been more solid with Milner in front of one of one and maybe adam Johnson on the other.......

I am pleased that Roy has taken so many young players...sadly I do think it was a tournament too early and they needed England to have the usual couple of world class players to support them....again sadly gerrard and rooney are probably one tournament too much......when you talk about rooney as world class and compare him with suarez the difference is very clear and it has to do with composure in big matches and stepping up when it counts.

I am sure the FA will think the answer will be to sack another manager....but I'd like to see Roy given the euros coz if this England side can click and get confidence they do look far more attacking and exciting than the previous dross....there were a lot of positives last night and against Italy like keeping the ball better....and when we equalised we were the better team and looked like winning......

The real answer is a quota on foreign players both in the first team and in the development sides....it is pointless having youth develop in a conference B side and then still see foreigners blocking their way in the premiership.....even if the quality is not quite as good it would give a few more options to select from and the odd player would develope who wouldn't normally be given the chance.

And I'm sick of watching players swallow dive without contact.....the authorities need to clamp down on this with retrospective judging panels and ban anyone seen doing this for 6 matches
I agree about baines can't defend
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty players could have done a better job