News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big Prediction

Author Topic: Big Prediction  (Read 2256 times)

alty snapper

Big Prediction
« on: August 24, 2011, 04:03:22 PM »

Maybe some will think i'm mad but having seen the first 4 games of the season WE will finish at worse in top 5 in this league (if we don't win it),
Yes we haven't had the perfect start but only another 30+ games to go! But what the team is doing is learning with one another and the manager is learning with the players.
I like the fact that we are sticking with the same line up and working on improving the system and formation rather than panicking and changing the team and formation every week.
We will become more solid with every game, the players will relax, the football will get better and the defence will become more solid, all the pieces of the jigsaw are they and they will go into place one at a time.
Yes we have looked vulnerable from time to time, and don't forget that to all the teams in this league we are the big boys, were the ones who spent 5 years in the conf premier and therefore set a certain standard so they will raise the game against us and find those current weak points,
but it will settle and we will have every chance of going up again come April. You have permission to give me all the grief you like in April if i'm wrong!!!!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Big Prediction
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 04:06:10 PM »

Young and naive as I am, I completely agree.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 04:33:23 PM »

I'm not sure i'd go as far as we will win it, but I don't think we'll be far off the play-offs. I heard people saying 'we should be beating teams like Vauxhall motors' last night and I cringed. We've been saying how much we hate that phrase/term for the last 4/5 years and 4 games in we're at it.

We are a big scalp in this league (that's not being big headed, but we are), teams will raise their game and to be honest the gap between us and the other teams isn't that great IMO....

We probably should have won last night, but give Vauxhall a bit of credit - they were the team that created all of the chances in the first half and on the balance of play deserved a draw. We're bound to be disappointed having not held on in the last 10 mins, but the backbiting, sniping and blatant moaning going on at the moment is obscene. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but surely the overriding factor here should be that we're in a re-building period, over the coming weeks we'll get better as a team and the results will start to come!

I've looked on the Hyde forum today, they're moaning about us calling this league 'tinpot' Maybe it is/maybe it isn't, but we are where we are! They will be bang up for it on Sat, so lets stop moaning and get down to Hyde on Sat, where who know's we may just scrape a result....

mikealty

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »

We can easily get a play-off position, we just can't underestimate the oppositon. This league is harder than most of us really think.

whopper

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »

Our tactics have been ok, we can do this, we just need to get the little things right which sinnot will of opened his eyes to last night I'm sure

John Crewe

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 05:57:45 PM »

Maybe some will think i'm mad but having seen the first 4 games of the season WE will finish at worse in top 5 in this league (if we don't win it),
Yes we haven't had the perfect start but only another 30+ games to go! But what the team is doing is learning with one another and the manager is learning with the players.
I like the fact that we are sticking with the same line up and working on improving the system and formation rather than panicking and changing the team and formation every week.
We will become more solid with every game, the players will relax, the football will get better and the defence will become more solid, all the pieces of the jigsaw are they and they will go into place one at a time.
Yes we have looked vulnerable from time to time, and don't forget that to all the teams in this league we are the big boys, were the ones who spent 5 years in the conf premier and therefore set a certain standard so they will raise the game against us and find those current weak points,
but it will settle and we will have every chance of going up again come April. You have permission to give me all the grief you like in April if i'm wrong!!!!

I would like to agree with you, but I just don't think were anyway near strong enough

The way we threw that game away last night in the last 5 minutes was an absolute disgrace

We are sticking with the same line up each game simply because there is no one else to come in!!!! Worrying

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 06:53:01 PM »

I've looked on the Hyde forum today, they're moaning about us calling this league 'tinpot' Maybe it is/maybe it isn't, but we are where we are! They will be bang up for it on Sat, so lets stop moaning and get down to Hyde on Sat, where who know's we may just scrape a result....

Who can blame them? Exactly what we did at the likes of Oxford....talk about double standards. There's a world of difference between being bullish and being disrespectful.

Good post, by the way, stubman....have a G
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big Prediction