PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Players Pulling Their Weight?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Players Pulling Their Weight?  (Read 4183 times)

Jenga

« on: October 22, 2007, 12:49:49 PM »

I would be interested to have people views on players and if you think they are actually trying hard for the club or going through the motions (players who are good enough but arnt trying) or simple just dont cut it. These opinions should be based on current performances as players have changed in my opinion.  I am sure some of you wont agree with my thoughts but there again I am sure I wont agree with all of yours. Will be interesting to see peoples opinions though.

Trying Hard
Chris Senior - runs and runs but is too small
Richard Acton - had better results when he has been playing
Darren Tinson - tries hard but perhaps a little laboured
Ryan Shotton - great asset
Val Owen - stalwart but struggling with age
Carlos Logan - tries hard but even he doesnt seem as motivated now
Joe O'Neill - tries hard but for little reward
Warren Peyton - tries hard in every game he plays

Motions
Stuart Coburn - not been the same since all his injuries, but was a class act who has lost motivation
Jake Sedgemore - too weak and doesnt seem to try
Gareth Walley - to weak and doesnt seem to try
Chris Lane - had a great start though

Dont Cut It
Gary Scott - great servant playing ok but not really the standard we need.
Carl Munroe - too many penaltys lost us many points.
Robbie Lawton - a waste of space
Colin Little - too old in the tooth but a tremendous player in his day
James Dean - thompson look a like
Graham Heathcote - was class but the time has come
Geoff Goodwin - will go if GH goes, and he is leaving at end of season anyway - done a great job however.

Did I miss anyone out?

The problem I see is 6 of my motions and dont cut players play every week - that is over half the team.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 12:56:51 PM by Jenga »

markecky

Re: Players Pulling Their Weight?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 01:00:58 PM »

I was praying there was not going to be a thread like this.  Evidently not hard enough.

Completely destructive and does absolutely  nothing but cause further problems.

When i saw Coburn described as "going through the motions" I knew it may as well have been picked at random.

Alex

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 01:01:28 PM »

gary scott should have been in your first list of players who are giving there all for the club, yes we know he is not up to the standard we need but he gives 11o% for the cause and on saturday was by far MOTM as for robbie he gives his all and yes he isn't producing atm but other than senior and shotton who is? logan is good up till the final third where he cannot put in a decent cross if his life depended on it and val is injured so as hard as he trys he is not out there to influence the game. so in my opinion robbie is like joe in that he trys hard but we all know he isn't a winger but it's not his fault GH picks him every week on the right is it? what do you want him to do come inside and have no one on the right or have him try his best in the possition he is told to play.  

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 01:03:46 PM »

you missed...

Tosser

Jenga

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 01:07:57 PM »

So glad you all think the garden is rosey.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 01:08:15 PM »

Another defeat and it's all doom and gloom. Review the situation at the end of  December and see if it can be improved. Pressing the panic button doesn't help the club. Im sure Bolton will go down because they have not given Sammy Lee a chance to see if he is good enough to manage a premiership team.
They really should be beating teams like us

markecky

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 01:13:01 PM »

Of course everything isn't rosey, but from that pile of complete f**king sh*te you have written I think you want to keep Shotton and Peyton (I must have missed how impressive he was on Saturday) and clear out the rest of the team, the manager and the chairman.  Why not knock down the ground while your at it?

Sounds pretty well thought out to me.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 01:17:47 PM »

Good to see this is not in use then!

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 01:27:44 PM »

Why don't you go to training tomorrow night and read that list out to ensure maximum effect?

Stuart has had a potentially career threatening injury and after one game back in the team is being labelled as going through the motions. Well wide of the mark. I know I've had my opinions on certain things but to list players in the above catagories is just f**king outrageous.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 01:35:10 PM »

The biggest load of ignorant b*llocks I have read on this forum for a very long time.

Butty

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 02:45:36 PM »

there are a few good points on here, but most of it is a pile of crap. As already said on here, robbie is only appearing to be a waste of space because he is playing where he is told to. He is also tired, because (i think this is right) he has played almost 50(ish) games solid for the past season and a bit. Coburn is doing well to even play atm, so ease off on him. Also, when i have seen him, scotty hasnt put a foot out of place, maybe ive missed something but he is one of the best players in the team atm

radcliffe alty

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 03:03:13 PM »

I was very critical of Robbie this weekend, but accepted that he does just need a rest. I think giving him a couple of weeks off could do us and him the world of good. I don't think we'd miss him on the right when he's not there, would we? And if we actually find that we do, then he can't be doing all that bad a job.

The whole team is poor at the moment, and results are not good enough. Whoever finally takes the punishment for that at the club is yet to be seen -its normally always the manager. But I don't think singling out players is helpful, as good as it might feel to vent your spleen in that way. They all need to look at themselves and sort it out together.

Alex

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 03:05:37 PM »

as good as it might feel to vent your spleen in that way.

i thought most of us took out our frustration on there right back the number 12

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 03:14:19 PM »

The thing is, if we assume (reasonably enough) that the players we have at the club are the best we can possibly get, would it not be reasonable to say that we are simply not quite good enough to be in this league rather than looking for scapegoats all the time? There were, in my view, some relevant issues raised regarding team selection etc a few weeks back, but having taken on board the explanations made by GH I feel these have been put to bed now.

What I'm saying is that even with our current players playing their best and generally being better than in previous years, most of the other teams are still that little bit better than we are. Maybe we should take this into account before "naming and shaming" individuals who are actually giving their best for the club. I actually trust GH enough to believe that he wouldn't stand for players not giving their all for Altrincham FC and he has stated all along that he only wants players who want to give their all for this club.

There is a clear difference between passion and ability and I think we need to take this into account before compiling stupid lists such as the one at the top of this thread.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 03:18:01 PM by Alty365 »

radcliffe alty

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 03:48:20 PM »

Quote from: radcliffe alty on Today at 03:03:13 pm
as good as it might feel to vent your spleen in that way.

i thought most of us took out our frustration on there right back the number 12

Of course, it is perfectly valid and acceptable if spleens are vented against opposition players!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team