News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My Last Alty Game

Author Topic: My Last Alty Game  (Read 2063 times)

radcliffe alty

My Last Alty Game
« on: October 20, 2007, 10:08:25 PM »

Well, that was my last alty game for 18 months as I'm moving overseas in a couple of weeks for about that time. What a great f**king send off for me!  :'(

I could go on a massive rant about today, clueless defending again, not doing even the basics right, inability to deal with basic crosses and corners, inability to play it on the floor, inability to really push for anything against 10 men, the fact that Robbie Lawton is looking more and more like a Vauxhall Motors player each game that goes by, and he needs to dropped like Joe O Neil (although rested is probably a fairer word to use, he has played an outrageous amount of games)......but I wont'. Well - I just have a bit, but I just feel so deflated.

What league will we be in when I return? God knows. Will GH still be there? I'll be sitting in front of Gillette Soccer Saturday like a loon each week, seeing how we are getting on. It was one of my biggest dreads going away for so long - the fact I'd miss out on Alty for so long. But after today and the garbage I have seen so far this season I actually really don't care about not watching this at the moment. And that's wrong and worrying.

Keep cheering them on, I'll be doing it from afar. It'll probably be easier to do so not having to watch this each week.

louise1925

Re: My Last Alty Game
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 10:15:06 PM »

I went to work overseas and missed two relegations and a promotion. When you get back we'll be in Conference North and GH will still be the manager. However, I can confirm that defeat is easier to take from afar.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 10:54:34 AM »

Its harder being away,yes we can follow games a lot easier now than we used to,but its no fun just on text and in my case 2 or 3 away games per season
Harold

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 03:54:18 PM »

defeat is easier to take from afar.

I disagree. It hurt every bit as much from 220 miles away yesterday.

teasybeaver

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 09:55:57 PM »

It certainly isn't easier from afar. Sitting in some irish bar or whatever place shows sky sports just waiting for alty to come up knowing that it is likely to be a bad result, accompanied by some other loud mouth ex-pat trying to understand your anguish, its no fun.

At least yestedays anguish was shared for the 1st time this season, and I got to see exactly what Ive been reading for what seems like decades on here. Id rather watch an awful alty than a great soccer saturday!

Spend your 12 quid wisely wherever you may be, spreading the gospel of the robins in which ever ex-pat bar you find to drown your sorrows!

(This post is dedicated to Morrisons bar in Cannes, nearly as good as the freaky faulkners!)

radcliffe alty

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »

I'll be out there with 3 Alty shirts and don't worry - all of my peers will be following us within 3 months. It's the least I can do.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 11:02:41 AM »

Ah the Falkners what memories of lovely pints of mild
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My Last Alty Game