PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lets stop hanging ourselves PLEASE !!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lets stop hanging ourselves PLEASE !!  (Read 4304 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lets stop hanging ourselves PLEASE !!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »

Please don't rely on anybody getting points deductions.

Well said George.

Our destiny is completely in our own hands and we must do what is necessary to achieve safety.
Come on Alty!

radcliffe alty

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 09:51:32 AM »

Do clubs recieve money from the league depending on where you finish a la the Premier League? And if so, presumably the higher you finish the more you get?

Not sure of the figures, but maybe the difference between finishing 14th and 17th would be enough to keep hold of/add to the squad? We need to aim as high as we possibly can.

brian1925

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 02:37:42 PM »

The one worry I have (and it may even have been stated in another thread) is that the likes of FGR, Grays and Barrow seem to be able to go out into the loan market at the moment and pick up a really speedy league player, whereas we are apparently unable to do this. On Saturday we were torn apart primarily by a Swindon Town player! This is the real concern. Since losing Chris Senior we have had absolutely no pace in our team going forward. This may also have been said on another thread, but the decision to send Chris Denham out on loan is looking more and more ridiculous with each game that passes by. We need one more win realistically, with perhaps a few draws. We're looking at Grays, Eastbourne and Lewes. This 'Lewes have lost 17 games on the trot' thing scares the sh*t out of me, because they must certainly be fancying their chances against us, so I'm more confident we'll pick up the necessary points in home games, though after Saturday's capitulation I am less sure. If FGR can pick up Kaid Mohamed, surely we can spend a little bit to pick up a Rotherham or Stockport lad who fancies a run out. I don't know about the rest of you, but Mr. Goodwin's message last week doesn't exactly fill me with confidence and God knows what effect it must be having on the players - great timing with only a few more points needed! Why does our club always seem to want to do it the hard way?
There, got it off my chest. Up the Alty...

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 07:21:57 PM »

Goodwin's message last week doesn't exactly fill me with confidence and God knows what effect it must be having on the players - great timing with only a few more points needed! Why does our club always seem to want to do it the hard way?

Spot on. Whilst I'm sure his intentions were (as always) good, this was VERY poor PR. These sort of statements have NEVER done anything to improve attendances; the only thing that is going to do that is improved performances (Joseph Heller where are you?). We have a hard core of support and we are at it's limit as is. In any case, the rallying call could have been made without reference to playing at a lower level. I know how that made me feel and presumably many others and as Brian pointed out, it can hardly have a positive impact on the playing staff. I think it was Ecky who said in another thread "more positive sabre rattling" would be nice for a change and he was spot on also.

We are going to average around 1000 per game for this season, which is pretty much what we'd expect (maybe even slightly better). We are equating ourselves better than many could have expected (last saturday apart) in this league and that is to be applauded. In this current climate, many more teams are likely to have to cut their cloth according to their income or fall by the wayside. This should hopefully equate to a slightly more level playing field. At any rate, we attempt to compete at the highest level possible, otherwise what is the point? If it turns out that we can't compete, then so be it, but YOU HAVE TO TRY.

Let's have some positivity. We have done well overall this season, we are all greatly appreciative of the fact that our club is being run prudently (and of the financial difficulties involved), we can be proud of our achievements. Let's just give it a go. I'm not talking sh*t or bust, just a positive mental attitude.

COME ON ALTY.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 08:03:49 PM »

Goodwin's message last week doesn't exactly fill me with confidence and God knows what effect it must be having on the players - great timing with only a few more points needed! Why does our club always seem to want to do it the hard way?

Spot on. Whilst I'm sure his intentions were (as always) good, this was VERY poor PR. These sort of statements have NEVER done anything to improve attendances; the only thing that is going to do that is improved performances (Joseph Heller where are you?). We have a hard core of support and we are at it's limit as is. In any case, the rallying call could have been made without reference to playing at a lower level. I know how that made me feel and presumably many others and as Brian pointed out, it can hardly have a positive impact on the playing staff. I think it was Ecky who said in another thread "more positive sabre rattling" would be nice for a change and he was spot on also.

We are going to average around 1000 per game for this season, which is pretty much what we'd expect (maybe even slightly better). We are equating ourselves better than many could have expected (last saturday apart) in this league and that is to be applauded. In this current climate, many more teams are likely to have to cut their cloth according to their income or fall by the wayside. This should hopefully equate to a slightly more level playing field. At any rate, we attempt to compete at the highest level possible, otherwise what is the point? If it turns out that we can't compete, then so be it, but YOU HAVE TO TRY.

Let's have some positivity. We have done well overall this season, we are all greatly appreciative of the fact that our club is being run prudently (and of the financial difficulties involved), we can be proud of our achievements. Let's just give it a go. I'm not talking sh*t or bust, just a positive mental attitude.

COME ON ALTY.

Whilst I agree with what you say, using the word prudently gives the impression the club is being run by Gordon Brown!

This would not be good!

radcliffe alty

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 08:13:26 PM »

Whilst I agree with what you say, using the word prudently gives the impression the club is being run by Gordon Brown!

This would not be good!

Someone else who won't say sorry for past actions.  :)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 08:41:58 PM »

This would not be good!

LOL, my apologies for that. Never let it be said that I'm a brown nose.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 09:00:30 PM »

Thought this was a Footy Forum!!

We argue enough about footy and Alty without introducing politics into the equation don't we?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 09:02:25 PM »

Its habit, Jennifers mum is a potential MSP!

Deffo not a Blair Babe mind.....

and before I get into trouble its the Blair bit that is not relevant!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lets stop hanging ourselves PLEASE !!