PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lets stop hanging ourselves PLEASE !!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lets stop hanging ourselves PLEASE !!  (Read 4303 times)

Knutsford Alty

« on: March 21, 2009, 08:36:35 PM »

Right lets have some Rafa facts!!!

Alty are currently 15th in the league and are EIGHT points above the drop zone. 

The bottom two in the league have gone. 

The other two teams currently in the drop zone Grays and Woking, are yet too play against teams who have plenty to play for.

Two poor gates against Torquay & Weymouth, hardly a surprise considering a wobble in form and empty away terraces.

Nine games to go, so 27 points to play for.  Small squad at the moment yes but lets not use that as an excuse and move on.

Alty had a dreadful second half today but Colin Little has found his goal scoring knack again.

The vast majority of non-league teams in the North West would bite our hand off to be in our position. 

God Bless Alty and cheer up please  ;)

markecky

Re: Lets stop hanging ourselves PLEASE !!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 08:55:06 PM »

Today was utter sh*te.

However you I agree with you 100%

One of the posts earlier said "thats us down" like we were unlikely to overturn a 7 point gap tbe escape the bottom four.

The team picked itself today.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 09:11:22 PM »

Today wasn't good at all especially against that team from Nailsworth.  But its gone now and lets move on.

Talk of "that’s us down" is complete garbage. 

Yes we are thin squad wise but the season is totally in our hands still.

Let's keep the faith and lets keep battling like we have done for the majority of the season

God Bless Alty

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 09:14:55 PM »

I think we are looking at reality. After seeing the performance at Grays the only chance of us winning again this season was against Weymouth if they put out their Youths - which thankfully they did. Based on the performance against Grays I said we would not beat FGW, Grays at home or even Lewes. I know it sounds pesimistic, but I think we only too well remember the 2000 season when we capitualted and managed to go down when we had a significant points tally in February. We will survive this time if Weymouth's woes continue and if Woking continue to be crap and dont win 3 of their last 8 games.
To bring back happy memories I treated myself today and took the kids to watch Leatherhead which is only 12 miles from where I now live.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »

I can see us picking up wins against both grays and Lewes
Harold

markecky

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 09:18:19 PM »

Why won't we beat Lewes?

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 09:22:29 PM »

but I think we only too well remember the 2000 season when we capitualted and managed to go down

I think thats an insult to the current Altrincham squad to be honest with you.  That was nine years ago matey. 

All the hard work the team has put in this season, hearing negative vibes like that are hardly required.

And yes Lewes are there for the taking........

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 09:29:35 PM »

Agreed, today sounds a total disaster and what with Geoff's latest comments (not a gripe on a bloke who has done wonders for our club but he could talk us up in the papers once in a while) not a good week. However, Lewes, Vics and Weymouth are all out of it realistically, Woking in bad shape and two weeks today we will beat Lewes without a doubt and have a cracking day on the beers round there too. Denham back next week too (I think?) which will be a big bonus lets chill out a bit!

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 09:36:58 PM »

Today was poor, for some reason we have stopped thrwoing bodies infront of the opposition as they press. Too often, first half included we allowed FGR too much room in the final third of the pitch. Defending so deep is fatal.

However, 46 points 9 games to go and 2 teams as good as down we will get enough points - small squad but good enough.

Get behind the lads Monday and reflect on the lack of points the bottom 5-6 are getting.

The board should press for more fans to turn up but NOT threaten us with dropping a division - poor PR I'm afraid.
When we stay up we should set a budget (to not lose money) and if that isn't good enough to survive so be it. But please Geoff & fellow directors, we should only go down on football merit.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 09:44:56 PM »

Listen it could be worse. you could be in Chester's position where Vaughan has alledgely sold the club to his mate, who is a boxing promoter/ property delevoper. I know which position I would rather be. The main thing is that we have a club to support. We should stay out of the bottom four this season. But we are punching above our weight at the moment. As I have may have said before to stay in this division would be a good achievement. Though with a bit a luck and maybe better play we could have done better.
They really should be beating teams like us

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 10:17:25 PM »

glad somebody has said this
as a club its possible to get too down on ourselves, and while its true that we are stumbling towards the end of the season would you rather be grays? or woking? i sure as hell wouldnt.
today is a bad day, put it awayand move on

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 09:05:47 AM »

Based on the performance against Grays I said we would not beat FGW, Grays at home or even Lewes. I know it sounds pesimistic, but I think we only too well remember the 2000 season when we capitualted and managed to go down when we had a significant points tally in February. We will survive this time if Weymouth's woes continue and if Woking continue to be crap and dont win 3 of their last 8 games.

1. Whilst they are due a win as they say, we have 31 more points than Lewes. 31. In March. That suggests that even with our recent form it's a game we should be looking to win, I mean really, Lewes have now lost 17 BSP games on the run (altho a lot only by one goal).

2. This current team/squad is far, far better than the 2000 version, miles better. Even allowing for a recent dip in form we're better. If you put the 2 squads together I'd only have Adams, Ellison, and the 2000 versions of Ellender and Coburn/Greygoose. You're just scarred like the rest of us.

3. Weymouth's woes will continue for a few weeks yet. Woking have got a horrible run in, really horrible. Grays are making a fist of it at home but their next 2 games are away to Torquay and Burton. The odds are that they will be 8 points behind us with 7 games left to play.

It's not panic stations yet

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 07:51:13 PM »

If you look at recent form, only Lewes and Weymouth have lost more games than us.
Hopefully for us Weymouth will continue their present plight in every game they play till the end of the season.
Why wouldnt we beat Lewes?  Answer is if we play like we did at Grays. Lewes are following a similar pattern to St Albans a couple of years ago but are not getting hammered every game just losing by one goal - so dont expect 5-1 at Lewes. Having said all that, a handsome win at Lewes is what we SHOULD expect to get.

penfold

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 08:21:16 PM »

If you look at things a bit more brightly things are really not that bad, I know its a little harsh to say it but I think we are safe due to the misfortune of other clubs! Lewes are going down and have already said they can't cope at this level, Vics have to go after the circus of events around christmas time; surley in for a fine and points deduction, likewise with Weymouth, the loss of their first team, lack of insurance and deminishing support is surely going to send them down due to a points deduction. Then the only question is who will take the 21st finishing place, my bet is on Woking, their goal difference is not great and they have a nasty run into the end of the season with the likes of Cambridge, Barrow, Mansfield and Oxford to name a few.

I think what people are frightend of is the clubs anouncment this week about our current finance, things would be a lot worse if we were in the BSN, they could have been really dark days, sh*t teams to play against and piss poor support. I think 15th will be our final target this season, and then we build from their the following season by aiming for 14th place or 15th place with more points.

george

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »

Please don't rely on anybody getting points deductions. Just get our points & hope other teams fail in their games. At this moment in time only LEWES can't catch us as their maximum is 38 pts. One more defeat for NORTHWICH VICTORIA will mean we are out of reach of them. So with 10 teams battling to avoid 3 spots it's everthing to play for.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team