PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Starting again next week against gloucester
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Starting again next week against gloucester  (Read 4357 times)

RocketDan

Re: Starting again next week against gloucester
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »

what about playing Danylyk at centre back.

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 08:24:57 PM »

we need a new back four, but that'll take time to get an time to settle
I half agree, but I don't think we're too bad at full back. The problems are definitely in the centre !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 09:13:38 AM »

Who do you replace Williams with? Is there anybody else

For now I would play either Lynch or Lees (Cant remember who can play there) in place of Williams

Either that or let one of the Youth team have a spin in that position.

fuertes

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 09:30:28 AM »

For now I would play either Lynch or Lees (Cant remember who can play there) in place of Williams

Lee would get absolutely crucified if we conceded with a youth teamer in the back four. "Why the f**k was a kid playing?".

That's not to say I necessarily disagree with your idea, by the way. Just that we should all be aware that manager's job is very difficult and he'll get hammered by someone when anything goes wrong. Christ, when we lose a game we need to sack the entire team, apparently.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 10:20:45 AM »

Lee would get absolutely crucified if we conceded with a youth teamer in the back four. "Why the f**k was a kid playing?".

That's not to say I necessarily disagree with your idea, by the way. Just that we should all be aware that manager's job is very difficult and he'll get hammered by someone when anything goes wrong. Christ, when we lose a game we need to sack the entire team, apparently.

I hear what your saying - The alternative is Williams then, same old problem as last Sat. Currently I could select the fkn team from my armchair in Shrewsbury.  The problem just now is that the team picks itself - If the youth teamers arent good enough / going to get a chance then tell me this, Why bother having  them in the squad?  - As I have said before we need the minimum of 16 players with BSN experience not just the dozen we have already. Until the squad is improved upon this argument will go on and on for the rest of the season I'm afraid and after every away game the same old criticisms wil raise there heads.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 12:46:03 PM »

We don't have to play a youth teamer or any of the sh*te we have now! Send back Williams/release Flynn and get someone a bit mobile in!

IMO none of the youth team players are good enough except for Matt Fearon who is a great prospect. They are in the squad so that when we have a ton of injuries we have someone to put on the bench!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Toppers

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 04:55:34 PM »

im more worried about are next two away games, we'll prob do are normal at home an put 4 past them ( hope i havent jinxed it!)

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 05:04:15 PM »

Fearon has started one game in our back four. We won it 6-1 away from home. And he was impressive.

anglo alty

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 05:18:40 PM »

saturday was the first time this season i have seen alty his season and while the result was pants the overall performance wasn't a disaster we restricted worcester  to 3 shots at goal albeit they scored off all 3, when we attacked we looked dangerous and but for a better final ball or first touch we would have scored goals we passed the ball well and i was impreesed with danylik who was always availble to recieve a pass reeves and clee have had better games but you can see the quality i agree with what some are saying we need a plan b if we go behind. improve the away form and the play offs are ours
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Starting again next week against gloucester