PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 no chance.......
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: no chance.......  (Read 7226 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: no chance.......
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 01:57:40 PM »

converting the shed into a snack bar as we speak..............just got to nip to B&Q for some stoppers.

I think I can do something along the Marine ground idea...although with less sides, more fences as touchlines but a very impressive cantilever roofless stand...ie the garage roof....my patio alos resembles the mausoleum for the true flaggers experience.

I can promise a modern pa system though.

The team may benefit as well from the tight narrow and short playing area....as long as the ref deems the path down the middle playable we're all systems go!!!

Andy Gray is punching your postcode into his Satnav as we speak.

I can see the report now, Matty Doughty shown red for bringing down the Bird table..  ;) :D

joe

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 03:07:40 PM »

I think people are being a little harsh on Dino here. Granted he normally posts a right load of negative crap but on this occasion he was absolutely spot on and was just pointing out the game was never going to played in these conditions. Someone else posted before Tuesdays match that snow was predicted ahead of the Wrexham match but nobody slated him about possibly losing the club money by putting some supporters off .

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 05:35:44 PM »

As was discussed in another thread a week or so ago, can any provisions be made for protecting the pitch at Moss Lane regarding the forthcoming home fixtures against York City and Wrexham?

I realise that investing in covers would be costly....but, then again, so would be the loss of revenue from the postponement of these two matches, both of which should attract decent crowds.

Seriously, is there anything we can do (beg for some 'assistance' from Manchester United?; cover the pitch with one of Tunna's old shirts?) or are we just totally at the mercy of the weather? 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 05:51:49 PM »

Damn

McAliskey chant is delayed again; the game has to be on, and he has to score!

Butty

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 06:04:49 PM »

Will the club shop be open tomorrow? Just need to pop in for a shirt which I ordered for a friend for Christmas

Jezza

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 10:23:58 AM »

Seriously, is there anything we can do (beg for some 'assistance' from Manchester United?; cover the pitch with one of Tunna's old shirts?) or are we just totally at the mercy of the weather? 

between tunna and the Gazelle we should have easily enough replica shirt material tostitch together and cover the pitch...then all we need would be Nicky dawes' hairdryer collection blowing under them and we are away.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 12:48:34 PM »

Will the club shop be open tomorrow? Just need to pop in for a shirt which I ordered for a friend for Christmas

I'd have hoped that after about 9 consecutive days in and with a stinking cold Jen might have a very well deserved day off. Like us she has a life outside the Club and like us she has a Family and a Christmas upcoming.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to George and Jenny

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 12:54:43 PM »

I'd have hoped that after about 9 consecutive days in and with a stinking cold Jen might have a very well deserved day off. Like us she has a life outside the Club and like us she has a Family and a Christmas upcoming.

So in answer to your question Butty, no. Don't really see how the guilt trip was necessary to be honest.
Come on Alty!

thegazelle

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 01:07:18 PM »

between tunna and the Gazelle we should have easily enough replica shirt material tostitch together and cover the pitch...then all we need would be Nicky dawes' hairdryer collection blowing under them and we are away.

Philanthropic as i am it has to be announced that it is not possible to use my shirts as i have several large families living in them already.
How about a couple of pairs of my boxer shorts

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 01:12:25 PM »

I was watching Football Focus earlier and Fulham covered their whole pitch overnight last night due to having no undersoil heating at Craven Cottage. It had the desired effect because their game today is on.

Come on Alty!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 02:01:17 PM »

I was watching Football Focus earlier and Fulham covered their whole pitch overnight last night due to having no undersoil heating at Craven Cottage. It had the desired effect because their game today is on.

The amount of money the Premiership clubs have and they can't afford undersoil heating. ??? But they can waste a few million on overpaid donkeys.
They really should be beating teams like us

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2009, 03:06:26 PM »

The amount of money the Premiership clubs have and they can't afford undersoil heating. ??? But they can waste a few million on overpaid donkeys.

Don't forget it wasn't so long ago that Fulham were in Division 3 (League 2) ... and I don't think any teams have it at that level

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »

Undersoil heating is seriously inefficient, as the heat goes down as well as up. It will take hours to generate enough heat to deal with even a minor frost, so in a week like this would probably need to be switched on for days. It needs to be installed deep enough not to be damaged or cause injury by players and also to allow for pitch re-laying.

As for the carbon footprint of such an installation its off the scale.*  Good quality reusable covers are the answer.....who remembers Leicester's heated tent?

* Don't get me started on patio heaters in pubs for smokers.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2009, 03:45:31 PM »

ATS,

However, you fail to point out that there is a major drawback for Jenny if she does take a day off.

She would have to spend time with her husband.

Frankly, under those conditions, I'd much rather carry on working.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 08:38:21 PM »

I bet Fergie wishes they hadnt bleeding bothered to cover it  ;) :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 no chance.......