PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 no chance.......
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: no chance.......  (Read 7226 times)

dino

no chance.......
« on: December 18, 2009, 07:37:40 AM »

of the game being played.back garden here in bowdon solid with little chance of thaw in next 36 hrs.

we dont want a repeat of last yr with me and ATS on the pitch at 2pm with Eastbourne players. Do IT EARLY

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: no chance.......
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 08:00:34 AM »

nice one if it is on by posting like this the floaters will make other arrangements.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 08:33:36 AM »

Couldn't post after Tuesday so had to find something to be negative about.

Well done, your post has probably cost the club a few quid.

Very disappointed that ATS didn't throw you off the pitch...one rule for one  :)

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 08:47:40 AM »

namedropper......just had a quick warm up on my back turf....fanfare playing in my head....imaginary waves to a boisterous crowd chanting my name........no problems at all.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 09:17:45 AM »

Any chance you could let us know tomorrow night's Lotto numbers as well Dino?
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 10:19:59 AM »

No chance of a thaw? Can't help notice a rather bright sunshine beating down outside Dino or do you only see the dark side to everything? ;-)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 10:34:59 AM »

will ring the ground at the last possible moment giving me enough time to get there for the kick off.

Global Warming?  Bag of sh*te as a certain Paul Calf would say.  ;) :D

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 11:07:14 AM »

It's not called global warming anymore....because the earth is actually cooling and sea levels are dropping....it's now called 'climate change'.

And the rich nations are throwing £100bn at the problem so the pitch will thaw out quickly.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:17:03 AM »

It's not called global warming anymore....because the earth is actually cooling and sea levels are dropping....it's now called 'climate change'.

And the rich nations are throwing £100bn at the problem so the pitch will thaw out quickly.

it should be called Global taxing.... Its like the millenium bug that never materialized people (not me) spending fkn hundreds of quid changing stuff because we are told that planes are going to crash videos wont work tv's will give up the ghost etc etc..

What happened at Midnight on New Year 2000  ?   Absolutely Fk all..

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 11:40:30 AM »

And in the remote chance that Dino is right (any idiot can get one call right occasionally) don't forget the bar will be open and Sky will be on. An afternoon with Jeff Stelling and his merry men can be quite a fun experience !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 11:56:14 AM »

namedropper......just had a quick warm up on my back turf....fanfare playing in my head....imaginary waves to a boisterous crowd chanting my name........no problems at all.

If we promise to chant your name, can you cater for  1000 hardy souls in your garden if they play there then Jezza ?  ;)

tottenham alty

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 12:03:06 PM »

I hope this goes ahead - we are in fairly solid form and should have taken the 3 points.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »

converting the shed into a snack bar as we speak..............just got to nip to B&Q for some stoppers.

I think I can do something along the Marine ground idea...although with less sides, more fences as touchlines but a very impressive cantilever roofless stand...ie the garage roof....my patio alos resembles the mausoleum for the true flaggers experience.

I can promise a modern pa system though.

The team may benefit as well from the tight narrow and short playing area....as long as the ref deems the path down the middle playable we're all systems go!!!

VofD

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 01:53:29 PM »

of the game being played.back garden here in bowdon solid with little chance of thaw in next 36 hrs.

we dont want a repeat of last yr with me and ATS on the pitch at 2pm with Eastbourne players. Do IT EARLY

Spot on, as it happened. :o :o :o

markecky

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 01:56:43 PM »

Spot on, as it happened. :o :o :o

Prediciting the outcome wasn't the issue.  Most of of knew it would be off.

The issue was announcing it was off that could have made people make other plans when there could have been a thaw and we managed to get the game on.

As a club that needs every penny, no one should be doing anything that may cost the club some money.  Especially not people who have been fans for 42 years and know the score
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:04:29 PM by markecky »
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 no chance.......