PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Match OFF  (Read 7237 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Match OFF
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 04:14:14 PM »

Interesting video on here, seem very easy to deploy these days

http://www.stuartcanvas.co.uk/frost-covers/

Guiseley fan

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 04:23:13 PM »

the forecast on satday in guieseley is good but before that a big freeze
see if it thaws out intime
[/quote

Lot of snow in Guiseley]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 04:25:26 PM by Guiseley fan »

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 05:31:10 PM »

The clear skies will indeed allow the sun to get to the pitch.

When I left the ground 10 minutes ago though it hadn't made any appreciable difference to the amount of snow on the pitch.

We have had a number of consecutive sub zero nights over the past week or so and some areas are too hard with no realistic chances of them being thawed out in time.

The clear skies however mean that there is nothing to 'hold in' any heat generated during the day and so significantly sub zero temperatures are likely tonight, with it probably being sub zero well before Kick Off and getting colder. This would almost inevitably lead to either a very late postponement or even, if we did start an increased likelihood of abandonment

Just as a matter of interest how long do people think it would have taken to clear the snow?

To suggest that every possible step was not taken by the Club to get the game on is, at best erroneous and at worst offensive

Were you the Ref that did the official pitch inspection? :-[

Hamilton

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 05:34:49 PM »

Force every fan to buy a club bobble hat.

"Cover up for Alty".

I like that! Though "Cover up for Alty". could also be a local family planning slogan!

Could any covers also be rented out?

sounds like you want to set up a rent-a-condom business. dirty, though would be a step up the social etiquette ladder for macc fans.

LOL  :D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »

When I left the ground 10 minutes ago though it hadn't made any appreciable difference to the amount of snow on the pitch.

We have had a number of consecutive sub zero nights over the past week or so and some areas are too hard with no realistic chances of them being thawed out in time.

The clear skies however mean that there is nothing to 'hold in' any heat generated during the day and so significantly sub zero temperatures are likely tonight, with it probably being sub zero well before Kick Off and getting colder. This would almost inevitably lead to either a very late postponement or even, if we did start an increased likelihood of abandonment

Just as a matter of interest how long do people think it would have taken to clear the snow?

To suggest that every possible step was not taken by the Club to get the game on is, at best erroneous and at worst offensive

No, I'm not operating at a high enough level to be able to do that.

Merely attempting to explain the possible rationale behind the decision

taxi Phil

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 08:39:18 PM »

"Cover up for Alty".

I like that! Though "Cover up for Alty". could also be a local family planning slogan!

sounds like you want to set up a rent-a-condom business. dirty, though would be a step up the social etiquette ladder for macc fans.
If we could persuade the Macc mob to use condoms, the sheep of East Cheshire would doubtless sleep easier.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »

Maybe we should ask the guy who inspected the rec at aldershot today inspect ours next time...

http://t.co/zunHCExK

RocketDan

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 10:21:06 PM »

bighairedmike

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 10:32:41 PM »

maybe we should do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7MN9hTTlTw

Nah, it still got called off. And I think the St Neots (?) not watched the video, just know what it is, manager was absolutely outraged about divot kicking by the opposing team to showbtue ground was still frozen an inch below the surface.

JDN

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 10:35:26 PM »

No, I'm not operating at a high enough level to be able to do that.

Merely attempting to explain the possible rationale behind the decision
who would be a ref ATS, 2 degree here on hale road, no freeze at all. Indeed the grass is if anything a bit boggy!

It so mild I am gonna walk all the way back to Altrincham

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 11:42:46 PM »

Indeed Jamie

Yesterdays forecast for today was -3 and then a clear sky, 9 times out of 10, if we didn't have a game would have meant -5, -6 or -7 tonight

That being said it generally takes about a day and a half or two days consistent positive temperatures above 2 degrees to lift the frost that is/was in the pitch at ML

Robin Reliant

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »

"Cover up for Alty".

If we could persuade the Macc mob to use condoms, the sheep of East Cheshire would doubtless sleep easier.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF