PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Same sh*t,different season
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Same sh*t,different season  (Read 7183 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Same sh*t,different season
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 01:53:49 PM »

The problem is that I and many others were not excited about Twiss at all. He mentally retired after getting Morecambe promoted and did little in the past two years, with a couple of injuries.

More to the point his spell at Stalybridge last season was that of an overweight, disinterested, high earning waste of sapce. This was well known. What on earth possessed Graham Heathcote to give him a two year contract that has serioulsy restricted our ability to move players was at best an error of judgement. At worst...

bumble

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »

I would rather us beat Tamworth and have lost yessterday than beat Blyth and lost at Tamworth - Id rather our blips come in cup competitions than league

This season is all about surviving

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »

What I find difficult to accept is the complete lack of interest from three or four of our players today.

My thoughts exactly. It's the first time since the fag end of Bernard's time I've seen so many players so obviously not giving it 100%. Let's be clear about yesterday, we were outplayed for the majority of the game, particularly in the first half where after the first 10 mins or so we just lumped it. It would appear there are a number of players in our team who are going through the motions and aren't that bothered about playing for us (or listening to the management).   

As regards Twiss that one minute summed him up for me, his miss was awful, which I told him(!), but he created the goal with excellent control and an accurate pass. On reflection, I think we need to stick with him as he is capable of creating the opportunities we'll need if we are to stay up. What's at issue with him is that which faces a number of the team, i.e. are they up for playing for a struggling part-time team are aren't they? If not they should be shipped out and we should take our chances.

I can't help thinking back to the Trophy game away at Weymouth with our Unibond team. Their work ethic and spiriit is what we need more than anything else at the moment. Can we honestly see our present team putting in anything like that kind of effort?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »

JTH  This squad is good enough to keep us in the BSP.. All they need is "Fire in there Bellies"

bumble

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 03:26:43 PM »

What I find difficult to accept is the complete lack of interest from three or four of our players today.
but he created the goal with excellent control and an accurate pass. On reflection, I think we need to stick with him as he is capable of creating the opportunities we'll need if we are to stay up.
I can't help thinking back to the Trophy game away at Weymouth with our Unibond team. Their work ethic and spiriit is what we need more than anything else at the moment. Can we honestly see our present team putting in anything like that kind of effort?
I dont know if you saw the rushden game...or the mansfield game - BUT WE HAD THE FIGHT then, Mansfield and rusdhen were poor but we had fight
speak to anyone who saw the last 15 minutes of rushden - we fought for those points!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 03:32:25 PM »

but he created the goal with excellent control and an accurate pass. On reflection, I think we need to stick with him as he is capable of creating the opportunities we'll need if we are to stay up.
I dont know if you saw the rushden game...or the mansfield game - BUT WE HAD THE FIGHT then, Mansfield and rusdhen were poor but we had fight
speak to anyone who saw the last 15 minutes of rushden - we fought for those points!

No I didn't go to either of those games and don't doubt the performance was 100% better than yesterday - it wouldn't be hard. Thing is, if they are capable of putting in the effort why was it absent at Blyth?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2011, 03:40:38 PM »

Were the players going in hard on challenges and up for 50/50s ??? not an excuse if they weren't but maybe with the thin squad it plays on their mind about injuries ? Cos the match I saw at Rushden every player was diving in front of the ball and challenging every 50/50 ?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 03:49:55 PM »

The problem is that I and many others were not excited about Twiss at all. He mentally retired after getting Morecambe promoted and did little in the past two years, with a couple of injuries.

More to the point his spell at Stalybridge last season was that of an overweight, disinterested, high earning waste of sapce. This was well known. What on earth possessed Graham Heathcote to give him a two year contract that has serioulsy restricted our ability to move players was at best an error of judgement. At worst...

Ballers,

Nail hit firmly on head.

It looks to me as if Twiss merely regards his spell at Moss Lane as his pension plan.

However, (and especially as an educator), you do need to brush up on the difference between 'disinterested' and 'uninterested'...!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »

However, (and especially as an educator), you do need to brush up on the difference between 'disinterested' and 'uninterested'...!

I'm sure the kids I teach will be able to tell you the difference perfectly.  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Same sh*t,different season