PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Same sh*t,different season
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Same sh*t,different season  (Read 7190 times)

VofD

Re: Same sh*t,different season
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 10:39:28 PM »

Brian,
         Would you care to name them for the benefit of supporters who were not there.?

Narcissist

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 10:50:06 PM »

£100 wasted on the usual alty bottle job

Hughesy mate this is what makes me really sad. The ammount of hard earnt cash that gets wasted on these cup/trophy trips.

These are the games where the fans make extra effort (would we have taken that many that far for a league game?) and the players seem to make less.
Ive spent a fair bit on football in my time and often got little reward. It comes with the territory, but the efforts that our hardcore make are being put to the sword by the players in recent years. I just cant fathom how they dont fight from the first kick. Its a bloody disrace to every fan who forked out to make the effort today.

I hope the players read the forum cos they need to understand what comes before them when they where a football shirt at this level.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 11:02:54 PM »

left home at 7-30 this morning and got back at 10-30 tonight.. I have to say it was not the best day i have had!!!!

To be honest  (IMO) apart from Densmore and Reeves... I could have got 11 lads off the supporters coach to show more fkn passion and guile than the team did today.

Everytime we have a chance to get any sort of a cup run going and make some worthwhile money for the club we put in yet another abject performances like today... Basically Blyth took the piss out of us and to be honest they didnt play that bloody well..

If Twiss (as people say) isnt the problem he certainly is part of the problem.. He looks short of fitness (still) and  Im not convinced he is that interested in the outcome of the season for Alty..

Lads .... Big fkn improvement needed for Tue or were back in the smelly stuff up to our fkn necks..

Rant over --- One pissed off distance traveller.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:09:28 PM by distancetraveller »

bumble

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 11:30:21 PM »

Fleetwoid must have just not cared
Or just been awful

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 12:30:20 AM »

Twiss sufers from scapegoat syndrome.

He'll be at fault for everything for the two years he is is here.

When he came on the game changed and we actually attacked and the ball stuck up front, only briefly but it was more than we did all first half.

He made the chance he missed (which was a poor miss) and made the goal.  However that doesnt really sit well with the story.

Beesely should let us know at the start of each game if he is up for it or not so we can make allowances.

As regards Twiss, I think that the galling factor for me is that his fitness just doesn't seem to be improving.

We surely deserve more than a meagre return of two goals and an ostensible lack of professional pride (particularly from someone who, I would guess, is one of our highest earners)?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 12:36:06 AM »

Some of you clowns have not got a clue! We needed Twiss on from the start today, he holds the ball and actually passes it to our players. For most of the first half whenever we played the ball up it just came straight back with interest.
As I posted yesterday I would have played Twiss and Beesley up front, both big lads and if you watch Beesley his movement off the ball is superb and creates space galore.

Well, Beesley certainly created plenty of space on the pitch in the second half, as he was substituted after 51 minutes.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 01:26:56 AM »

Ryan Brown was a definite candidate.
Everything written about Brown in the match report on the Club site is very positive - so I find this puzzling. Somebody must be wrong..................

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 01:48:28 AM »

Twiss sufers from scapegoat syndrome.

He'll be at fault for everything for the two years he is is here.

When he came on the game changed and we actually attacked and the ball stuck up front, only briefly but it was more than we did all first half.

He made the chance he missed (which was a poor miss) and made the goal.  However that doesnt really sit well with the story.

Beesely should let us know at the start of each game if he is up for it or not so we can make allowances.

As regards Twiss, I think that the galling factor for me is that his fitness just doesn't seem to be improving.

We surely deserve more than a meagre return of two goals and an ostensible lack of professional pride (particularly from someone who, I would guess, is one of our highest earners)?

I won't argue with that & I am not saying he has been a world beater.I just believe that in terms of issues, Michael Twiss is somewhere down the order.He is not the most committed player who has ever pulled on an Alty shirt, but at least he tries to apply himself & in my view is still good enough to make a contribution at this level.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 01:58:07 AM »

Brian,
         Would you care to name them for the benefit of supporters who were not there.?

My personal match ratings out of 10 would be as follows:-

Stuart COBURN  6
James SMITH 4
 Marc JOSEPH 6
 Robbie WILLIAMS 5
 Ryan BROWN 4
Anthony DANYLYK 5
Mark BEESLEY 4
Shaun DENSMORE 6
 Robbie LAWTON 5
 Damian REEVES 6
 Wes BAYNES  4
Subs.
Sam HEWSON 5
 Kevin HOLSGROVE 5
Michael TWISS 6

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 08:39:45 AM »

My personal match ratings out of 10 would be as follows:-

Stuart COBURN  6
James SMITH 4
 Marc JOSEPH 6
 Robbie WILLIAMS 5
 Ryan BROWN 4
Anthony DANYLYK 5
Mark BEESLEY 4
Shaun DENSMORE 6
 Robbie LAWTON 5
 Damian REEVES 6
 Wes BAYNES  4
Subs.
Sam HEWSON 5
 Kevin HOLSGROVE 5
Michael TWISS 6

I think you've rated Bayenes 3.9 points too high
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 09:11:32 AM »

I think the problem with Twiss is that when we signed him back in May, people were quite excited considering his playing CV etc.. Unfortunately rumours soon started about his lack of fitness and it is then that the seed was planted with regards to his personal ambition and fans started to have concerns.

Class is permanent Form is temporary... Unfortunately is Michaels case (this season) the temporary lack of form and (what is more worrying) the seemingly lack of fitness is even more of a concern..
 I would love to see him demonstrate what he is capable of but for me Damian Reeves would get selected ahead of him everytime... The Lad may not possess the raw talent that Twiss obviously has but his willingness to keep going and pure enthusiasm is commendable.

To me Twiss just gives the impression in his general persona gives that he is just going through the movements......

All in all he has frustrated me more than any other player at Alty over the last few seasons..

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »

I think the problem with Twiss is that when we signed him back in May, people were quite excited considering his playing CV etc.. Unfortunately rumours soon started about his lack of fitness and it is then that the seed was planted with regards to his personal ambition and fans started to have concerns.

Class is permanent Form is temporary... Unfortunately is Michaels case (this season) the temporary lack of form and (what is more worrying) the seemingly lack of fitness is even more of a concern..
 I would love to see him demonstrate what he is capable of but for me Damian Reeves would get selected ahead of him everytime... The Lad may not possess the raw talent that Twiss obviously has but his willingness to keep going and pure enthusiasm is commendable.

To me Twiss just gives the impression in his general persona gives that he is just going through the movements......

All in all he has frustrated me more than any other player at Alty over the last few seasons..

As you are one of the most positive people on this forum Ray, I have to respect that view.I guess it is all about expectations & with Michael Twiss they were pretty high at the start of the season.I think that we all got a bit excited with that spectacular video montage of his goals for Morecambe, but most of those were quite a few years ago.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »

I am just hoping that he makes me eat my words.... There is still plenty of games left in this season... we started like a train at the beggining of the 09/10 season, lets hope we can finish this one in the same vein and that Michael starts to score... Tamworth in just over 48 hrs would be a good place to start to prove me wrong Twissy...

One thing is for certain... By the middle of Feb the writing will definitely be on the wall one way or the other.

Upwards AND still Upwards

Cmon Alty

bumble

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »

Twiss' miss is probably not down to ability and more likely down to a) pressure which happens to Ll players or b) confidence

Obviously yesterday was bad but clean slate now - we will stay up and today was a blip Which had to happen after a run of a few games

VofD

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 01:48:25 PM »

Twiss' miss is probably not down to ability and more likely down to a) pressure which happens to Ll players or b) confidence

Obviously yesterday was bad but clean slate now - we will stay up and today was a blip Which had to happen after a run of a few games

An expensive blip regarding the prize money >:( >:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Same sh*t,different season