PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Same sh*t,different season
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Same sh*t,different season  (Read 7192 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 15, 2011, 05:00:57 PM »

Didnt win a second ball all game,out fought by another moderate outfit, £100 wasted on the usual alty bottle job,and the twiss miss with ten minutes left tells me all we already knew about our "marquee" signing,what a disgrace.....

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Same sh*t,different season
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 05:13:44 PM »

If Twiss possesses any sense of self-respect, then he should be ashamed of his performances for us this season and the substandard physical condition that he allowed himself to lapse into before this season commenced.

And as for that two year contract that he's on, well, to quote the great Morrissey: "That joke isn't funny anymore."

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »

Have to agree about twiss, his goal that he somehow got praised for against fleetwood was a half open net as from where I stood the goalies position was way off and left a basic pass into the net for him, so can anyone tell me one thing good twiss has done since he signed? You'll struggle

joe

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 06:09:48 PM »

Have to agree about twiss, his goal that he somehow got praised for against fleetwood was a half open net as from where I stood the goalies position was way off and left a basic pass into the net for him, so can anyone tell me one thing good twiss has done since he signed? You'll struggle

Increased the snack bar profits?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 08:28:55 PM »

sh*te as his allround performances have been he's the only strker who actually can hold the ball up
Full time and proud of it

Jacko

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 08:50:32 PM »

Id put him in the same league as mckilesky all-round

62vintage

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 08:59:06 PM »

Some of you clowns have not got a clue! We needed Twiss on from the start today, he holds the ball and actually passes it to our players. For most of the first half whenever we played the ball up it just came straight back with interest.
As I posted yesterday I would have played Twiss and Beesley up front, both big lads and if you watch Beesley his movement off the ball is superb and creates space galore.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »

His performances have been sub-standard but the only striker that has done more in recent games, seriously, is Reeves. Drop Beesley, start Twiss upfront with Reeves, utilise Twiss' ability to hold up the ball and I think we will begin to get something good out of him.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »

I agree with Timperley Robin

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 09:15:24 PM »

Not saying beesley is all that but 6 points from the last 2 without twiss starting says u are wrong 62 vintage

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »

Listened (for the first time ever !) to the radio link today. The commentator thought Beesley was our danger man ! I don't think we should be assessing Twiss as a striker - I'd be playing him in the hole behind Beesley and Reeves as a link between midfield and the attack if we could afford the luxury of doing so. But we can't, so I'd leave him on the bench. He's not a total dead loss, but I'm afraid his best years are clearly behind him, and he's got as much pace as a three-legged mongrel.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 09:30:36 PM »

Twiss sufers from scapegoat syndrome.

He'll be at fault for everything for the two years he is is here.

When he came on the game changed and we actually attacked and the ball stuck up front, only briefly but it was more than we did all first half.

He made the chance he missed (which was a poor miss) and made the goal.  However that doesnt really sit well with the story.

Beesely should let us know at the start of each game if he is up for it or not so we can make allowances.

bumble

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 09:33:06 PM »

He'll be at fault for everything for the two years he is is here.

When he came on the game changed and we actually attacked and the ball stuck up front, only briefly but it was more than we did all first half.

He made the chance he missed (which was a poor miss) and made the goal.  However that doesnt really sit well with the story.

Beesely should let us know at the start of each game if he is up for it or not so we can make allowances.

In an similar way to Joseph was - before he started performing

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 09:34:19 PM »

He'll be at fault for everything for the two years he is is here

Aye - it's all his bloody fault for holding a gun to Heathcote's head to worm that bloody contract out of him !

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »

Michael Twiss is not the problem.

His performances have clearly not been what we had hoped for, but things only started to happen today when he came on.

His miss was a bad miss, but I can accept that.......just as I can accept Robbie Williams' error on the second goal....these types of errors are part & parcel of Football.

What I find difficult to accept is the complete lack of interest from three or four of our players today.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team