PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Throwing stuff on the pitch
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Throwing stuff on the pitch  (Read 6690 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 04, 2019, 07:58:08 PM »

Couldn't make the game but just watched the highlights.
Why on earth the team are 2 nil up and when the third goes in that someone behind the goal throws a bottle on the pitch?
That sort of thing could get the club fined.

@AltyDaz

old alty fan

Re: Throwing stuff on the pitch
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 08:11:47 PM »

Agree entirely

Just watching the Sheffield Derby on sky and the United players have been

Pelted with bottles and coins and people have the nerve to moan when they are

Handed baning orfersvfrom the club's.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 08:55:05 PM »

unfortunately with a lit bit of doing well and the crowds going up some of the new people don't understand the culture of general good behaviour and altrincham and this level of non-league football in general. they need to be spotted, turfed out, and not welcomed back. same with the guy with the smoke bomb.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 09:21:57 AM »

unfortunately with a lit bit of doing well and the crowds going up some of the new people don't understand the culture of general good behaviour and altrincham and this level of non-league football in general. they need to be spotted, turfed out, and not welcomed back. same with the guy with the smoke bomb.

Disagree. They need to be shown how to behave, how they can still have just as much fun without the antics, and brought into the fold. We aren’t in a position to be turning away enthusiastic lads and if we starting doing so we’ll quickly gain a reputation amongst the demographic as Fun Police FC.

roytonmike

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 09:53:48 AM »

Agree wholeheartedly. I wasn't aware of the bottle-throwing until I read this thread but was only too well aware of the smoke bomb & associated stink. That's not fun in my book - it's spoiling the enjoyment of others. The perpetrators should definitely NOT be made welcome.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 10:36:14 AM »

Agree wholeheartedly. I wasn't aware of the bottle-throwing until I read this thread but was only too well aware of the smoke bomb & associated stink. That's not fun in my book - it's spoiling the enjoyment of others. The perpetrators should definitely NOT be made welcome.

A good portion of the supporters who generated the much-praised atmosphere on Saturday, have previously used or contributed to the use of pyro at games in the recent history of the club. Want us gone? I point to the Brackley play off game as the most telling example, an event and atmosphere that solidified a generation of supporters.

Fact is we matured, and young adults like those on Saturday should be afforded the opportunity to do so as well. We go away from home and I look at some of these grounds and there's barely a person over 40 odd. We're so privileged to still be attracting enthusiastic youths to games, they need guidance not shunning in my opinion - lest we run the risk of it being the same old tired 30 voices trying to get something going every game.

EDIT: Actually supposed to say barely a person under 40 odd, there!   ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 02:50:43 PM by Andrew Flynn »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 10:46:16 AM »

unfortunately with a lit bit of doing well and the crowds going up some of the new people don't understand the culture of general good behaviour and Altrincham and this level of non-league football in general. they need to be spotted, turfed out, and not welcomed back. same with the guy with the smoke bomb.

Will you fill the £70 gap per game these lads bring each week?  :)  Every fan is probably worth £15-20 to the club. These lads aren't running terrace battles - OR stood on the terrace gouding away fans through the segregation fence (like Chester). They need reminding (they were told this on Saturday), there's a time and a place for smoke bomb. Chasing promotion isn't one. The same lads that let off the smoke bomb starting their own songs on Saturday, and egged each other on to do so. They'll get the right bug.  They JUST got a bit giddy watching their local club. It was probably the best atmosphere (over the last few years) for a while. The older generation forget (I'm not tarring or generalising) they've had a great atmosphere, heroic cup wins and probably got up to far worse things than letting of a smoke bomb.

It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 10:54:23 AM »

unfortunately with a lit bit of doing well and the crowds going up some of the new people don't understand the culture of general good behaviour and Altrincham and this level of non-league football in general. they need to be spotted, turfed out, and not welcomed back. same with the guy with the smoke bomb.

Will you fill the £70 gap per game these lads bring each week?  :)  Every fan is probably worth £15-20 to the club. These lads aren't running terrace battles - OR stood on the terrace gouding away fans through the segregation fence (like Chester). They need reminding (they were told this on Saturday), there's a time and a place for smoke bomb. Chasing promotion isn't one. The same lads that let off the smoke bomb starting their own songs on Saturday, and egged each other on to do so. They'll get the right bug.  They JUST got a bit giddy watching their local club. It was probably the best atmosphere (over the last few years) for a while. The older generation forget (I'm not tarring or generalising) they've had a great atmosphere, heroic cup wins and probably got up to far worse things than letting of a smoke bomb.

Agreed we need to be keeping younger fans.
As stated before they might just need a quiet word, not an arsey telling off, just a point in the right direction on how we support the club.
They weren't offensive, just very giddy and they got behind the team.
If they had thrown a smoke bomb at a player then different story.
I like seeing new faces on the terraces.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 12:43:15 PM »

As an older fan I don't actually mind the odd smoke pyro as long as it's not chucked at anyone or stops the game.
Not so keen on bottles etc being chucked onto the pitch.

Happy for folks to throw money at me ... However, only if you do it gently.  (Folding money preferred)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »

Agreed well done younger lads for creating an atmosphere, the more pyro , flags singing etc... the better!!!  Up the Golf Road!!!!!

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 03:40:55 PM »

Surely what we witnessed from the Alty fans was slightly misplaced over-enthusiasm which, I agree, should be channelled into more appropriate displays but shouldn’t any anger be directed at the Chester fans who did actually throw several things AT Tony Thompson. The referee was made aware and had words with personnel in the tunnel.

Isn’t this action more worthy of discussion here, not those of  our fans?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 04:17:32 PM »

What is the law governing smoke bombs and flares at football matches?
The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985.
It is on offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare,
smoke bomb or firework. The sentence for these offences can be as much as three months in prison,
and in many cases, fans who have no previous convictions are being given prison sentences for
attempting to enter a football ground with a smoke bomb in their pocket as the courts take these
offences very seriously.
There are two different offences (1) possession in the football ground; and (2) possession while
attempting to enter. Although logically, attempting to enter a football ground seems to be less
culpable than a fan who has managed to get the smoke bomb, flare or firework into the football
ground, in real terms the courts do not consider one offence to be more serious than the other. Fans
searched prior to entering the football ground and found to be in possession of a firework, flare or
smoke bomb, have still been given custodial sentences.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »

It is on offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare,
smoke bomb or firework. The sentence for these offences can be as much as three months in prison,
and in many cases, fans who have no previous convictions are being given prison sentences for
attempting to enter a football ground with a smoke bomb in their pocket as the courts take these
offences very seriously.
There are two different offences (1) possession in the football ground; and (2) possession while
attempting to enter. Although logically, attempting to enter a football ground seems to be less
culpable than a fan who has managed to get the smoke bomb, flare or firework into the football
ground, in real terms the courts do not consider one offence to be more serious than the other. Fans
searched prior to entering the football ground and found to be in possession of a firework, flare or

Nice to know your copy and paste works, pal.
It's all my fault.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 10:35:29 PM »

We love airing our dirty laundry in public don't we

Up the reds
Come on you red and white........

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 08:12:22 AM »

offences very seriously.

Bloody hell Galatasary must only have a handful of fans then.

3 months for having a flare. Sadly you don't get that long for stabbing some poor sod in this f**ked up lawless country.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team