PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So...Guiseley is it
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So...Guiseley is it  (Read 5705 times)

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
So...Guiseley is it
« on: May 03, 2014, 05:07:09 PM »

Surprisingly they beat NFU 1-0 today

York Alty

Re: So...Guiseley is it
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 05:19:35 PM »

Home final, come on Alty.

Shimpa

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 05:39:27 PM »

Brilliant Result!!! Great atmosphere and great performance. Those who doubted the players passion have been proven well wrong. Bring on Saturday  ;D

Ashley Alty

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 05:43:33 PM »

Still smiling, fabulous feeling, oh my  ;D

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 05:52:04 PM »

Not just passion, but maturity and character. To not cave in after going a goal down with ten minutes to go showed great character. Both teams were looking a bit tired by then, and fortunately it was Altrincham that ended with more energy.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 06:12:17 PM »

Tremendous. For my birthday next Saturday I'd like a pain-free win please. :P

brian1925

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 06:57:56 PM »

I think Hednesford worked out how to play us today, but luckily at the end of the day they still couldn't defend crosses. It can be very difficult to break down teams who simply park the bus and kill the game's tempo, so full credit to the lads for keeping going right to the end. Of course we deserved to win, but next week will be much much harder. Was Nicky unfit today, or just knackered after Wednesday, i thought he really struggled. I don't know who won motm, but both Scot and Luca were again totally outstanding, as were Simon and Jake against two very good midfielders in their numbers 6 & 7 - in fact i thought it was a strange decision to take off their number 7 when they did, as it opened the game up for us. Can't wait for next week, though it'll be really tough against a team that has beaten Ferriby 4 times this season! Well done to everybody at Alty, especially Lee who has endured a lot of crap from certain people on this forum

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 07:04:57 PM »

I am totally bemused at the lack of posts on the forum. Had we lost it would have gone into meltdown.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 07:11:10 PM »

Everyone's watching Doctor Who or Dixon of Dock Green.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 07:12:28 PM »

I am totally bemused at the lack of posts on the forum. Had we lost it would have gone into meltdown.
[/q

Correct,great  character shown today to come back from going one down on 80 mins and we didnt flop in a big game !

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 07:13:02 PM »

I don't think anyone has doubted the players ability or effort and commitment....a superb display of never say die attitude today that will be long remembered.
I've given Lee some stick....I think rightly so.....at least we are all entitled to voice our opinions and frustrations.
But at the same time I hope I have been balanced and fair and given credit when it's been due and he has seemingly found the best way to send us out first XI wise and then using perry at appropriate moments....he has also changed games with his substitutions and changes to 3 at the back in certain games.
We are better this season by a point and have gone one step further in the play offs......that is an achievement given the loss of Duncan and the disappointment of last year at Brackley (look how they have failed this season).
Whatever happens on Saturday I think he has earned the right to put the final pieces into a jigsaw which will see us a formidable outfit next season which is the midfield partnership which will control games against the big boys....but that is a debate for another day...for now a united front is needed to get us over the finishing line so you'll hear no squabbling from me it's all positive!

The big game hoodoo should be considered dead and buried now after today....so we go into Saturday's clash full of confidence and I expect us to take our rightful place back in the conference....which we will if the players believe they are as good as we know they are.

Sinnout when is the statue of Lee being erected?

markecky

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 07:24:13 PM »

I think everyone is out drinking mate.  My facebook and twitter is in overdrive.

I'm not ready to come down just yet.

Top crowd ( even with Utd at home which I thought would affect the floating fan level ) top atmosphere and I can't put into words the feeling when that 2nd went in.

Everyone even got in pretty early so the queues weren't too bad.

In terms of the game, I felt it was tense and we got dragged into trading long balls with them but now isn't the time for analysis.  We showed some bollocks and won it.

We'll have to play better to beat Guiseley and I think we will with a week to recover.

Proud to be an Alty fan tonight.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »

Still buzzing after those last 10 mins. A superb effort from the lads today - the response to going 1-0 down so late on was fantastic, they showed a lot of balls, effort and skill. Credit to Lee as well as the subs and tactics were spot on.

Guiseley will be tougher next week but we're at home and be right behind the lads again.

Just mentioned us on 606 as "the boss watches Altrincham"!

Keep it going lads, we can do this!

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 08:07:41 PM »

My nerves are in ribbons.  I couldn't even listen in today.  When I saw we went one down I thought that was it, what a fight back.  There can be  no doubt those were two huge tussles against Hednesford who should be proud of their season.  even tougher next week.  Who wants it more?

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 08:11:45 PM »

Thought we had blown when they scored , but wow what a finish , can't wait for next Saturday , almost there now .
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So...Guiseley is it