PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley MATCH DAY UPDATE THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Guiseley MATCH DAY UPDATE THREAD  (Read 21062 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley MATCH DAY UPDATE THREAD
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2013, 11:13:58 PM »

Do we know if Duncan is ok ?

No,..he was hobbling at the end, groin I think, it doesnt look good. I reckon he will miss at least two games?

taxi Phil

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2013, 12:32:31 AM »

I'd have taken that point if it was offered before kick off, but now I'm massively disappointed.

The ENTIRE squad should be put through a session of penalty practice before Saturday's match, and again at every opportunity. Because believe me, if we end up going to a shootout in the playoffs, we are dead meat.

brian1925

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2013, 12:51:01 AM »

I thought that overall we were better than them tonight, but it looked to me as if they could step up a gear if need be. Drench wasn't just excellent with the pen, he made numerous great saves throughout. I think that had the pen been awarded against us we would have felt it soft. Guiseley can have no complaints about the sending off though, what was Holsgrove thinking. I hate managers who blame other teams players for dismissals - you know what happens if you raise your arms. Finally after all the criticism i thought Jake and Bruno were very strong for us tonight. A good point Alty.

Iateallthepies

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2013, 12:52:54 AM »

i saw Duncan at the dugout and he said GROIN.

I agree with grumpy, 8 penalties missed is not good and we should practice.
but to be fair it was well saved, and i know i might get shot down
but i don't think it was a penalty in the first place.  
I think 1-1 was a fair result. Guiseley were not in the game
we had 3 or 4 really good chances in the first half.
we should have won, but 1-1 fair result.

taxi Phil

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2013, 07:26:24 AM »

i saw Duncan at the dugout and he said GROIN.

I agree with grumpy, 8 penalties missed is not good and we should practice.
but to be fair it was well saved, and i know i might get shot down
but i don't think it was a penalty in the first place.  
I think 1-1 was a fair result. Guiseley were not in the game
we had 3 or 4 really good chances in the first half.
we should have won, but 1-1 fair result.
Consider yourself shot down Ron......a penalty all day for me ! And a daft one for Drench to concede since Lawrie was going away from goal, and the danger was practically over. The save was decent.....but the ball wasn't struck hard enough, and that's been our spot kick problem most of the time to be honest.

We have players who we know can "put their foot through the ball"  but who haven't taken a penalty this season.....Moult, Rodgers, Havern, Clee, and Leather all spring to mind.

In a shootout situation, every single player has to be prepared to step up and have the confidence to strike the ball firmly and on target. If that is done, and the keeper saves it, we can't complain. It really MUST be addressed over the next two weeks, because it could be our downfall in the playoffs if it isn't.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:50:38 AM by Grumpy Old Git »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2013, 08:49:07 AM »

Penalty practice at the next training session :-* haha

A full time team closer to relegation than promotion; crowds of 300; away coach travel axed; fans banned en bloc for misbehaviour; an increasingly unpopular manager. Puts a saved penalty into context wouldn't you think?

Jenga

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2013, 08:50:45 AM »

Probably down to us or harrogate now.

Do we have the games to be played available for harrogate to compare?

markecky

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2013, 09:00:18 AM »

Satisfied with a point in the end, losing Watmore and Richman threw the plans and we could have had it wrapped up after 30 mins against a lesser keeper than that Drench. Them going to ten gave us a good chance to win it but they closed up shop well.  

As with a number of situations this season, people are getting angry on here about stuff that they presume does/doesn't happen and is wrong.  

We were told last night that penalties have been practised and Ryan Brooke never misses apparently so was the obvious candidate to take the pen last night rather than the strange choice. Training is obviously different to matches (and God knows who takes the next one!) but it can't be discounted.

Apparently that Kittrick has praised the Gusisley support for cheering all the way through and wants more of that in the playoffs.  He is either on glue or unable to distinguish home and away fans.

Superb support again.

brian1925

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »

Honestly, the only time i heard the home fans was when we were passing them at the end - it was as if they were trying to remind us they were there.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2013, 09:19:34 AM »

Apparently that Kittrick has praised the Gusisley support for cheering all the way through and wants more of that in the playoffs.  He is either on glue or unable to distinguish home and away fans.Superb support again.

:D
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2013, 09:22:38 AM »

The return of ADT is amusing!

Since we last spoke, there is now about 20 places between us in the league, your stalwart secretary has jacked it, your manager has fell out with your top scorer, you've all been banned from Vauxhall Motors, 15 of your young fans have been publicly flogged by your millionaire, banned for life and then he got told off by someones mum, someone had a piss in Vauxhalls social (that's in vauxhalls social, not in the toilets) and Jim Harveys family is getting some abuse.

Oh and your attendances have dropped to about 19.

Apart from that though, it's great to have you back!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2013, 09:33:55 AM »

Life is a bit strange for an Alty fan at the moment:

OPTIMISM!
We have won at Halifax and Brackley and should have won last night. 
All other play off teams are out of form and we are flying
If we get to the play off final we can win away at whoever we are pitched against.

So I will try to apply NORMAL ALTY FAN attitudes:
Clee, Richman and Watmore are out injured
We lost "on aggregate" to Brackely and Guiseley over the home and away matches and if we lose at home to halifax the same will apply
If by some miracle we go to a penalty shoot out, we are screwed
And Harrogate will probably overtake us anyway

I have to say, though it seems we have built over the last few weeks  two things that have been lacking for most of the season RESILIANCE and TEAM SPIRIT.  We got a point last night without 3 of our best players, and with Danny Boshell  sitting it out too and so easily could have won it.  So we have avoided the "3 consecutive defeats" scenario that has accompanied the end of previous unbeaten runs - not bad when the three games were away Chester, halifax and Guiseley

Hamilton

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2013, 10:55:51 AM »

The return of ADT is amusing!

Since we last spoke, there is now about 20 places between us in the league, your stalwart secretary has jacked it, your manager has fell out with your top scorer, you've all been banned from Vauxhall Motors, 15 of your young fans have been publicly flogged by your millionaire, banned for life and then he got told off by someones mum, someone had a piss in Vauxhalls social (that's in vauxhalls social, not in the toilets) and Jim Harveys family is getting some abuse.

Oh and your attendances have dropped to about 19.

Apart from that though, it's great to have you back!

Reminding us the Knobsock of the year award is due soon!

Hamilton

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2013, 10:59:14 AM »

Honestly, the only time i heard the home fans was when we were passing them at the end - it was as if they were trying to remind us they were there.

I never heard the home support on Radio Robins apart from when a few of them in the stand were moaning!

York Alty

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2013, 11:59:43 AM »

Have to disagree about the pen being soft.  That was pen all day, every day. Ludicrous bit of keeping form a bloke who was top drawer for 89 minutes.  The ball was going out of play, away from goal but the penalty was correct.  He won't do that again for the rest of his career.  How old is he by the way?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley MATCH DAY UPDATE THREAD