+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why

Author Topic: Why  (Read 4547 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Why
« on: April 17, 2016, 12:21:34 PM »

Ok we have had some bad luck with injuries,which have effected our season,and then some very poor ref/linesman decisions and then some poor performances,but what i dont understand is all the bickering directed at each other on here.I know we all care about the club and we should be directing the fustration of a bad season into doing what we can to help.before you say I live in Devon and do what i can for the club,if i lived local again i would be helping out like i used to do.LETS stop the moaning and do good.
Harold

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Why
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 02:09:49 PM »

On balance we benefit from poor decisions as much as they go against us, so that is irrelevant. However, your overall sentiment is basically correct. People will always have different opinions, though, and the only thing that truly matters is that we try and channel our energy as positively as possible (as difficult as that can be sometimes) and come out the other end stronger for it.
Come on Alty!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 03:03:53 PM »

Because your flaming sandwiches have been all to cock Harold!! ;D

Seriously, I couldn't agree more, whether what has gone on this season or not, we as fans cannot change that and need to back the players and the club as much as we can. It's what being a supporter is about, thick and thin.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 03:04:18 PM »

I guess the frustration is down to knowing how hard it is to get out of the North, yet how poor some of the teams are and how many have no away following

Balance this against the expectations of the fans this season, many of whom were hoping to 'kick-on' from the season before (remember 20/20), yet have seen the opposite happen slowly but surely as what might be described as complacency set-in...........heard "too good to go down" a few times in the bar

Then this I think explains the current anger, some of which is justified, albeit some of the personal abuse to those at the club and on the forum is not acceptable
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 03:16:54 PM »

20/20 was always nonsense, it has that ring about it but 5/5 would be more realistic and a real difference maker. Many factors have left us where we are, it is what it is. We really should beat Welling but I feel some of the players have lost heart. To win that and possibly still be in with a token chance on the last day should be the aim now, not the just shrug and let it go movement. If we go down we should at least go down with some bollocks.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 03:23:14 PM »

20/20 was always nonsense, it has that ring about it but 5/5 would be more realistic and a real difference maker. Many factors have left us where we are, it is what it is. We really should beat Welling but I feel some of the players have lost heart. To win that and possibly still be in with a token chance on the last day should be the aim now, not the just shrug and let it go movement. If we go down we should at least go down with some bollocks.

I agree, but we should have showed those bollocks long before now. There is precious little evidence that we will suddenly grow a pair now.

I, like ever other Alty supporter I'm sure, will be hoping for a miracle and that we stay up. We will keep on hoping against hope, even though we no longer believe, until it is impossible.

However, even if we do stay up major surgery is required.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 12:33:13 PM »

Harold, any chance you can have ham and pickle sandwiches over the next two games?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »

Make it a triple decker with extra pickle.  ;D

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 05:42:20 PM »

lol will try again next week
Harold

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 06:18:03 AM »

Bally 'eck Harold, was that butty a triple decker??!!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why