News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester and Guiseley games

Author Topic: Chester and Guiseley games  (Read 5354 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 06, 2016, 05:06:56 PM »

Are huge will probably now define the season
ParkINson's red and white army

Jimmy

Re: Chester and Guiseley games
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 07:45:05 PM »

Play like today 0 points however every chance we wont

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 08:03:28 PM »

In fear of being slated on here, I thought it was a reasonable match, we played quite well and looked more like winning than we did the same fixture last year.
Welling had very few chances and we looked comfortable. It is a pity that Rankine didn't put away his one-on-one with their keeper. However it was his determination that created the first goal. We should have been ahead at half time, only for a great save by their keeper and the crossbar from the follow up. I thought Jordan Sinnot had a very good game. Crap ref. I would have taken 1-1 before the game. However if we don't take our chances we wont win games.

ripleym

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »

The radio commentary certainly suggested we had the better chances, and it felt as though we would have sealed the win but for a couple of missed chances.

Anyone know why Margetts was taken off - was he playing poorly, or do you think the manager was thinking about the next game?

A point away from home is not to be sniffed at; it's the home games we need to win, as I think has been stated a number of times.

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 08:15:49 PM »

In fear of being slated on here, I thought it was a reasonable match, we played quite well and looked more like winning than we did the same fixture last year.
Welling had very few chances and we looked comfortable. It is a pity that Rankine didn't put away his one-on-one with their keeper. However it was his determination that created the first goal. We should have been ahead at half time, only for a great save by their keeper and the crossbar from the follow up. I thought Jordan Sinnot had a very good game. Crap ref. I would have taken 1-1 before the game. However if we don't take our chances we wont win games.
agree we were the better team but they will finish bottom 2

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 08:16:39 PM »

We were the better side from start to finish. Should have nailed 3 points. If we finish below Welling I will be astonished. Long way to go yet but come on Alty!

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 10:22:42 PM »

Just got back,
You won't get slated, that sums it up.
(Thanks for the programme Robert, I owe you a pint)👍😀
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:15:00 AM by B. 4D »

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 10:34:59 PM »

That's been the trouble , last season and this ,we create plenty of chances but don't take them .

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 07:33:43 AM »

What we had yesterday was an effective 4-4-2, and then an equally effective 4-4-1-1 when Mottley-Henry replaced Margetts.  Josh Ginnelly is a class act, and I am sure that if we continue to play like yesterday and Woking we will have more wins than losses

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 09:58:44 AM »

When we took the lead we missed a trick and should've brought on okeefe and not Henry to sure things up,we only looked effective because the opponents were shocking,and will go down easily and we still failed to win
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:30:37 AM by Jimmy »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 10:35:47 AM »

On more sober reflection, have to say before yesterday we were fairly safe on the knowledge 2 relegation spots have already gone, having seen Welling I'm fairly confident that there's 3 relegation spots now. Welling looked a very poor side and have some very tough games left (Cheltenham home and away for a start). We always looked comfortable without being entirely dominant so that's two points dropped.

Still, that's 4/6 points in the league now and we are definitely building a bit of momentum.

ToffeeBlue

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 12:02:50 PM »

Next four games all at home, with Torquay (A) to follow.  Lots of points to be fought for!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 04:25:30 PM »

Next four games all at home, with Torquay (A) to follow.  Lots of points to be fought for!
we need 9 points
ParkINson's red and white army

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »

I thought it was an inevitably poor game, especially given the weather conditions, between a QUITE poor team and a VERY poor team.

It's clear the loanees have helped to steady the ship; we certainly never looked like losing, and it'll realistically be our home games that determine whether we stay up or not.  On that last point, I think we will - due to the fact that we'll amass a decent amount of points from our home games, together with the fact that Welling and Borehamwood at the very least are clearly poorer than us.

A lot will depend on whether the loanees can be extended - Ginnelly is clearly a promising young player and it showed on Saturday.

Perhaps it would be good to go again with the same XI, except we could drop Lawrie to the bench (he's ineffective as hell, especially in tough conditions) and start with one of Motley-Henry / Crowther if he is well enough.

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 10:00:40 AM »

Crowther seems unusually prone to illness.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team