PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Admission prices
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Admission prices  (Read 12947 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Admission prices
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 04:59:04 PM »

A good decision as I felt they would probably split the difference and go for £12 I'm surprised.

Bernard Taylors barmy army

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »

I'm not sure exactly what it is that the board claim to be giving back to the supporters but opting to set the maximum admission price at £10 is a sensible one, so some credit is due for that particular decision.

However, I still feel that for some long-standing supporters, the identity of the chairman for next season remains a far more significant issue than the admission prices in terms of determining whether (or not) to purchase a season ticket.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 05:20:25 PM »

Well said Cult 100% agree

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 05:21:45 PM »

Credit where's it due. Some good deals there. Looking forward to hearing the new commercial plans too

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 06:21:00 PM »

Fair enough on the prices, would have liked kids for free but he ho.

As for  a season ticket, few announcements needed first
Full time and proud of it

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 07:27:55 PM »

Credit to the board for a very good decision.

There are more decisions to come in the future, of course, but I am very happy with this one, at least.

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »

They are just trying to buy support! Dont fall for it. Withholding season tickets is away to get Rowley our!

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 08:48:01 PM »

I'll probably get hammered for this as the overall reaction seems to be that reducing the prices by such a margin is a positive step. For me the board have gone too far though.

This line of the statement stood out to me... "In keeping with most evostik top flight teans matchday entry for adults has been set at £10".

Well i couldn't care less what most other top flight Evostik teams charge, we're Altrincham Football Club, the biggest side in that league, we shouldn't be 'in keeping' with anyone down there. (Don't remember Oxford dropping there prices by 28.5% upon there plummet to the Conference). And on the basis of giving something back to the fans? Sounds the board are trying to score cheap points to me.

Additionally, i think they need to think longer term. Hopefully we'll bounce straight back up, are the board then going to raise prices by 28.5% in order to be competitive at the top end of the Conference North? Doubtful, what board would get away with that? Its the acceptence of playing at reduced levels this. As is this drinking on this terrace nonsense (good luck trying to get that cat back in the bag if we ever return to proper football and have a big game).

For me, there's no way we should have dropped below £12. I'm not interested if that means someone goes to watch Ashton instead or it upsets 20 Rushall fans on there big day out. Fans will pay to watch a winning side whether it be £12 or £10.

Of course, all this is irrelevant if Rowley remains in position following this board meeting in May. They could charge a quid for all ages and i and countless others wouldn't pay it. If he rightly steps down, the hardcore which we are reduced to given the estimate of Saturdays 'real' crowd will go regardless, as will many of those that are staying away.

markecky2

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 09:04:56 PM »

Fair points mate but I think we were overpriced last season (taking away performances and the obvious gags) when we should have been £12 so a £2 drop would not have been as extreme.

I've always found the admission price to be a sticking point when talking to people about coming down, I think a round tenner works on a lot of levels.

I keep on banging on about the word relaunch as that is what the club needs and I think this price will help to attract new people if we can get a few wins early doors and a new leader to unite us.

GB Alty

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 09:10:44 PM »

Your last point about a new leader is key Ecky, as you know I've been home away for most of the last 30 years. But I won't be stepping foot in Moss Lane again until Rowley steps down. Limited aways just to see friends, thats how it is

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 09:15:45 PM »

I'll probably get hammered for this as the overall reaction seems to be that reducing the prices by such a margin is a positive step. For me the board have gone too far though.

This line of the statement stood out to me... "In keeping with most evostik top flight teans matchday entry for adults has been set at £10".

Well i couldn't care less what most other top flight Evostik teams charge, we're Altrincham Football Club, the biggest side in that league, we shouldn't be 'in keeping' with anyone down there. (Don't remember Oxford dropping there prices by 28.5% upon there plummet to the Conference). And on the basis of giving something back to the fans? Sounds the board are trying to score cheap points to me.

Additionally, i think they need to think longer term. Hopefully we'll bounce straight back up, are the board then going to raise prices by 28.5% in order to be competitive at the top end of the Conference North? Doubtful, what board would get away with that? Its the acceptence of playing at reduced levels this. As is this drinking on this terrace nonsense (good luck trying to get that cat back in the bag if we ever return to proper football and have a big game).

For me, there's no way we should have dropped below £12. I'm not interested if that means someone goes to watch Ashton instead or it upsets 20 Rushall fans on there big day out. Fans will pay to watch a winning side whether it be £12 or £10.

Of course, all this is irrelevant if Rowley remains in position following this board meeting in May. They could charge a quid for all ages and i and countless others wouldn't pay it. If he rightly steps down, the hardcore which we are reduced to given the estimate of Saturdays 'real' crowd will go regardless, as will many of those that are staying away.

Without all the protests I doubt this would have happened.

I expect the club were looking for an easy win and hoping to get fans saying some nice things about them for the first time in a year. It must get quite disheartening for every announcement to be followed by everyone going mental and criticising everything (even if it was all self-inflicted).

The difference between £12 and £10 would probably be about £10,000 maximum over a season. Perhaps the board know there is money coming in and they can afford to create a bit of goodwill?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 09:17:48 PM »

Fair points mate but I think we were overpriced last season (taking away performances and the obvious gags) when we should have been £12 so a £2 drop would not have been as extreme.

I've always found the admission price to be a sticking point when talking to people about coming down, I think a round tenner works on a lot of levels.

I keep on banging on about the word relaunch as that is what the club needs and I think this price will help to attract new people if we can get a few wins early doors and a new leader to unite us.

Agree Ecky re the price being a sticking point in gettimg people to.come down. However i think thats more damning about the overall price in this country rather than being Alty specific. But given things are as they are, i'd have no qualms about us being the most expensive by a couple of quid if its goal was to get us back to where we need to be.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »

Can't really win can they
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 09:50:59 PM »

I've learnt over a number of years you can't please everyone

I recall vividly certain people moaning when we were mid table in the conference national drawing away at teams like Oxford

Oh for those days now

On the subject of the reductions the board had no choice

It was the right decision
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 09:51:56 PM »

Bit like the team really.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Admission prices