News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wayne Rooney wanted by Alty?

Author Topic: Wayne Rooney wanted by Alty?  (Read 2079 times)

Spring

« on: March 26, 2017, 04:43:29 PM »

24th March
MATT AIMING TO KEEP ELLIOT NEWBY
'I'll hopefully find out one way or the other in the next 24 hours, but I want to keep Elliot 100 per cent, and I'm doing everything I can to make it happen,' said the Alty manager. 'I have already spoken to Elliot about it, and he won't take any persuading. He has loved it here. I've given him the freedom to do what he wants in the final third, and he has been scoring goals and playing well.
'It won't be a further loan, if I have my way. We'll take his contract over, and he will become an Altrincham player but I need their manager to pick up his phone first! He's been blanking me, not picking up or answering my texts but I will get through to him, because I need to know what his plans are for Elliot.
'If he's not going to play him, I hope he'll let us keep him, because he has been a positive influence from day one and would be a real asset for us.'

26th March
THANK YOU, ELLIOT
It has been confirmed that Elliot Newby is returning to Barrow as his loan period at Altrincham expires.

27th March
WAYNE ROONEY TO ALTRINCHAM FC
Speaking later the Altrincham Supremo confirmed he would like‘Wayne Rooney at Moss Lane, as he lives locally and would be given the freedom to do what he wants and isn’t being played. Amazingly Jose Mourinho has been blanking any approaches and not picking up or answering texts. 

Watch this space for more feet on the ground news from the Official Website.

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Wayne Rooney wanted by Alty?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 06:03:09 PM »

Bit bizarre! I'm not a fan of Matt Doughty as manager but no matter how much he wants a player and how much that player wants to come there's not a lot he can do if the players parent club decides they want to keep him.

Spring

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »

It is perhaps not normal to go public and show your hand and then say the other manager has blanked you and you haven't even discussed matters.

All a bit wishful thinking.

York Alty is back

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 08:48:16 PM »

We need more than Rooney I am afraid. We need two or three quality, talented, hardworking players to get something like the best out of the rest. We need a young, talented player to make a money move to a prem club. Then we can wisely invest the proceeds into the first team and move this club up a gear. Ah, can you see the mistake I made there?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 08:50:03 PM »

We need more than Rooney I am afraid. We need two or three quality, talented, hardworking players to get something like the best out of the rest. We need a young, talented player to make a money move to a prem club. Then we can wisely invest the proceeds into the first team and move this club up a gear. Ah, can you see the mistake I made there?

:)

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 09:31:55 PM »

Watmore did you expect ?  >:(

York Alty is back

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 09:48:57 PM »

Watmore did you expect ?  >:(

Very good Sir.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team