PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Comparisons.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Comparisons.  (Read 5967 times)

Butty

Re: Comparison
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 10:50:07 AM »

It's muddying the waters all this Phil. If I had money to spare wouldn't consider myself a benefactor. I wouldn't sign a legal written agreement for say £50k pa over 3 years and say do what you wish with it. I'd want a say in how the club uses it or how the club was run.

Without trying to sound too critical here, but what do you know about how to run a football club? I'd do the same thing as you, however I'd give the club my money and bugger off back to the stands and leave those who know what to do with it to their job

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Comparison
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 11:54:39 AM »

I know very little of how to run a football club or indeed any other business but I assume a successful person with money would. And even if they didn't I'd have things that I'd have an idea of. I'd at least like to monitor how the money's spent.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Comparisons.
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 01:44:56 PM »

The biggest shame is within a 5 mile radius of the club are many wealty people

Unfortunatley these people are wealthy because they speculate to accumulate they will always want something back unless they are a die hard fan who gives the Money as a gift

I know for a fact " fans" have given the club money i'n the dark past and then asked for it back would we want this again ?

I hate our current situation but would rather have a club to watch than none
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:47:39 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Comparison
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »

I mean I can see different sides of the argument. If someone says they want to put money in the team and be involved that's not necessarily what we need. i.e. we don't need £100k for the team we actually need £50k to increase the bar area and other things and only an extra £10k per yr for the team. Would the investor still want to give £100k? Another person might be attracted to giving something tangible like a new bar. One thing I would like to know is what is our 3 or 5 year plan at the moment? I know we had one to pay off debts but what specifically are we wanting to happen in the next few years? A new bar to increase revenue? A new catering block in the away end? Toilets on the Pop side? Is it related to football league requirements? I think a clear public plan would help to attract the right kind of investors. 

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Comparison
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 03:03:29 PM »

I mean I can see different sides of the argument. If someone says they want to put money in the team and be involved that's not necessarily what we need. i.e. we don't need £100k for the team we actually need £50k to increase the bar area and other things and only an extra £10k per yr for the team. Would the investor still want to give £100k? Another person might be attracted to giving something tangible like a new bar. One thing I would like to know is what is our 3 or 5 year plan at the moment? I know we had one to pay off debts but what specifically are we wanting to happen in the next few years? A new bar to increase revenue? A new catering block in the away end? Toilets on the Pop side? Is it related to football league requirements? I think a clear public plan would help to attract the right kind of investors. 

Fair point- i suppose all buisness should have a long term strategy to improve and grow

I feel if someone wanted to give the money with no strings attached take it

I am just very wary of people wanting it back further down the line
ParkINson's red and white army

Bath Alty

Re: Comparisons.
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 10:14:27 PM »

If I were to be fortunate enough to be suddenly loaded I would donate the money to the club on a drip feed basis that encouraged the current club culture.  I would donate a £1 for every £1 in the bucket collection, match every payment under the patrons scheme, donate 20p per pint drunk in the club bar etc etc.  That way the club's income would stay more or less proportionate to the fan base and we wouldn't lose the desire to raise the money in the way we do today so that when my cash ran out we are still geared up to survive.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Comparisons.